Home

"Issues that need to be patched" Thread - 360

This is a discussion on "Issues that need to be patched" Thread - 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: "Issues that need to be patched" Thread - 360

I somewhat agree with the turnovers being fixed by sliders. I have experienced less turnovers all around lately, but there will still be a game every now and then where it seems every ball carrier seems to have greased themselves up and some benny hill music begins playing in the background.

I can't believe I forgot facemasks. They have facemask animations in the game, but there's not been a penalty called for the past 3 years on next-gen systems. Honestly how can the Devs miss this?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

There are two different approaches in this thread. In single player you might can fix things via sliders, but in head to head 2 players you cannot.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56
I imagine the patch to Madden 08 will be Madden 09....
That's a new one, never heard that line before.

Anyway, GameInformer mentioned in their review EA was working on a patch for it. You'll have to search on here for GameInformer for the link.

Last edited by roadman; 08-19-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 11:58 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 13

Franchise Mode in general:
Created teams are ********. You cant access a created team to make minor changes without recreating the team over again.

The created teams logos are crapola. We should at least get the old ones in addition to new ones. But when franchise mode is completely neglected as it has been, it shouldnt be a surprise. Why are created teams so much worse on a $600 system than they were on a depreciated $300 sysem. Oh, and I almost forgot. The uniforms look like they have to be approved by Under Armour now.

No build a stadium for existing teams in their current cities. I like putting teams out in the elements. Plus, again, this feature was available on a depreciated $300 system and it should be available on a $600 system.

Poor sim stats...I think the average QB rating is, what, 100 in franchise mode? Its routine to see QBs with 30 TDs and 1 INT over the season...Tomlinsons has been averaging around 2400 yards from the various sim stats Ive been seeing. Again, franchise mode was completely ignored and sim stats is one of the many places where it really shows.

Draft class attribute ratings... Ive been seeing Darren McFadden taking 8 pt speed rating hits when going from NCAA to Madden. This is not realistic at all. Speed ratings should be uniform between the games. If a 99 corresponds with a 4.3 forty, then it makes no sense for a guy to take an 8 pt speed hit when going to Madden as players dont get slower in real life. I know there is an argument that speed ratings are relative and players in the NFL are slower relative to others but what makes it relative is having more 97 SPD players in the NFL not by giving a Deion Sanders a mandatory speed hit when going to the NFL-- its just not realistic, AT ALL. Also, speed ratings shouldnt be changing that much in franchise mode. It shouldnt go up more than 2 pts over a career and it should go down from aging and injury. The way they did this is awful. I dont know if a patch can fix this but its really poor.

Away Classic anf Retro uniforms. Its really dumb that if you want to wear you classic or retro uniform on the road, you have to wear your home uniforms. And this interfaces with antother problem that should be fixed.

You should be able to select your opponents uniform. It creates a problem in the scenario I mentioned above and in general, it enhances aesthetics. Even if its only modest it enhances he game when your opponent isnt wearing hideous uniforms and it would be great if you could change this as we have been able to in the past.

Getting newer more powerful system should not mean tradeoffs. Franchise mode features should be at least as good and even better. This year theyre worse. This sh*t costs too much money for them to short-arm franchise mode like this. Franchise mode is half the game for a lot of people.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:34 PM   #13
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
There are two different approaches in this thread. In single player you might can fix things via sliders, but in head to head 2 players you cannot.

I don't see why not. Too keep myself from picking off so many passes I have INT at 0 and Knockdowns at 10. I used to have both at 0 and would get at least 4 INTs per game. So I figured if I raised the Knockdown slider it should make a deflection more prone to happen as opposed to picking off every single ball that came near me.

Oh wait before I go on, I just thought of something, you may be right. When you play online there is no slider adjustments allowed is there? That would put a damper on what I said earlier. But at least it works for me, offline is mainly all I play in this particular game so i'm happy. Unless the fumbles and INTs start happening again. But I don't think they will with how I have everything now.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #14
MVP

baseball88's Arena

OVR: 11

Chicago Bears White on White
Kansas City Chiefs White on White
Philadelphia Eagles White on White
Miami Dolphins White on White
Buffalo Bills Blue on Blue White on White
Washington Redskins White on White
Cincinnatti Bengels Black on Black, Orange on Black
Minnesota Vikings White on White
Cleveland Browns White on White
Tampa Bay Buccaneers White on White
Atlanta Falcons Black on Black
Denver Broncos Blue on Blue
Old 08-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

SuperSim is broken... completely. This was a new feature was was mentioned a number of times, but as it is now, with 15 minute quarters, if you supersim a game, you end up with statistics of over 1500 total yards per team. Literally... somebody at MaddenPlanet did a supersim of a 15 minute game, and Manning threw for 1400 yards in the game. I did a supersim of the final three minutes in a game that I was down 28 - 7 in, and there were 72 total plays in three minutes of a blow out game... That's ridiculous.

One problem is that the clock does not run, it only takes the time off of the clock that the play consumes... I don't know how this one got past the developers. You can run three "kneel downs" in super sim that will only take 8 seconds off the clock, when it should take 2 minutes, because the only time that runs off is the time that goes by when the play is in action.

It's a serious glitch that ruined what would have been a pretty cool feature... for people like me who, when we're up 30 - 0 or down 30 - 0, we'd rather just sim it to the finish and expect a 37 - 10 game or something like that...... not 74 - 68.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball88
Chicago Bears White on White
Kansas City Chiefs White on White
Philadelphia Eagles White on White
Miami Dolphins White on White
Buffalo Bills Blue on Blue White on White
Washington Redskins White on White
Cincinnatti Bengels Black on Black, Orange on Black
Minnesota Vikings White on White
Cleveland Browns White on White
Tampa Bay Buccaneers White on White
Atlanta Falcons Black on Black
Denver Broncos Blue on Blue
I'd also add: Falcons - White on White

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »