Home

Franchise Wishlists

This is a discussion on Franchise Wishlists within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Franchise Wishlists

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Another question here...if I fire my head coach, and hire another, will my playbooks change? For example, if I fire Romeo Crennel who runs a 3-4, and hire Joe Blow as my next head coach, is it possible that the next season I am running a 4-3 defense?

And Cam...can you explain the differences you've seen in the scouting reports?
Your default playbooks would stay the same. You can change the default though. As far as the scouting reports, it doesn't happen to every prospect, but I've seen 40 times change and on occasion the body of the narrative changes i.e. one week it will say. this guy reminds me of brett favre and then when i check before the offseason, it will no longer have that particular sentence but it will be replaced with something like this kid has never missed a game. Again I've checked weekly and I haven't seen changes and sometimes there aren't any but I'm not sure if you literally have to check every week in case something might change. This is something that I feel should be addressed by a better manual even if it doesn't come with the game it should be online. It seems like no one really knows how its supposed to work so you really can't tell if it does.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Interesting...but, if your playbooks don't change when you get a new coach(es), whats the point? Is it merely all cosmetic? Meaning, is it just the "fun" of not seeing Romeo Crennel roaming the sidelines, but instead, seeing a virtual Marty Shottenheimer (or whoever)? Or, do coaches truly have some sort of impact on your team/players/and franchise as a whole?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Interesting...but, if your playbooks don't change when you get a new coach(es), whats the point? Is it merely all cosmetic? Meaning, is it just the "fun" of not seeing Romeo Crennel roaming the sidelines, but instead, seeing a virtual Marty Shottenheimer (or whoever)? Or, do coaches truly have some sort of impact on your team/players/and franchise as a whole?
They have an impact on how your team plays. It was alot more mysterious on the Xbox but this year on the 360 you can see what affect it will have for example Josh McDaniels is my OC. If you hire him he'll give you a plus 5 in QB awareness, +2 in throwing power and +5 in accuracy. Tom Moore is my head coach and he comes with a +3 awareness so my quarterbacks actually have a +8 in awareness. Some coaches don't have the attribute boosts or have the boosts to a lesser degree. Same thing with the trainers on next gen. I hired the best training staff in prevention and all of my players had their injury ratings boosted +10. You can also change the playbooks yourself most of the time I do that regardless so I'm using the Colts playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #12
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

Wow...that sounds pretty incredible, actually.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #13
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

One more thing...so, can I actually fire my coaches myself...or does the game consider when it's time to fire a coach, and when I am allowed to hire new coordinators and such?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #14
Pro

i dont think you can during the season, but if it's like previous maddens on last-gen, you can during the off-season
Old 08-20-2007, 12:42 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
One more thing...so, can I actually fire my coaches myself...or does the game consider when it's time to fire a coach, and when I am allowed to hire new coordinators and such?
Like Munkey said, you can't fire them during the season but once you hit the offseason its fair game. It works pretty much like last gen where you can hire anybody from the available pool or you can hire someone elses coordinator away to be your HC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #16
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I want a last gen owner mode where you can set ticket prices and upgrade your stadium....c'mon Tiburon, you guys have to do this for next gen Madden....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »