Home

XBOX/PS2 Fixing Franchise SIm Stats

This is a discussion on XBOX/PS2 Fixing Franchise SIm Stats within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: XBOX/PS2 Fixing Franchise SIm Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockman
Yeah, its just a document with individual team settings...I dont think it will work for us.
Ah, thought so. Nice chart, BTW. I hope to be able to run some tests over the weekend.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. JimmyFly
Great find, thanks
subbing a HB into the FB position at the depth chart has a big impacted on the starting HB carries and yards. This is a good fix for the HB problems, now if we can fix the Qbs having 20+ pics a season.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:31 PM   #59
Rookie

Ok, finished my first set of testing....I was testing the HB2 subbed at FB first to see what that does. Heres what I did: Stock settings, Changed RB sliders to 60/40, except for teams that had a good RB... KC, STL, etc. I placed those at 75/25. I Subbed all HB2 to FB1 AND 3RDRB......Some interesting finds: When you sub your HB2 at FB and 3RDRB and theres a injury that occurs during the simmed game, to the HB1, The computer automatically places the HB3 into the HB1 spot, thus giving them more carries than your HB2. So, if you go by this method, You have to watch injuries after every week and adjust your depth chart accordinally.

The other thing is certain teams used the FB (HB2) differently as far as stats go. I think this is just like the manifesto back in 2005, Its all gonna be based off of the playbook. The Cowboys Julious Jones had way more carries than Barber did (I had Jones as the #1). I checked the box scores after every game and the stats differed drastically. One thing I didnt understand is that MJD had more carries than F. Taylor (No injuries) and he was at the FB1. Its like the computer knew MJD had better abilities and gave him the ball more???

Other observations: The progression is OK, except for QB's....QB's had way too much progression during my testing and HB/WR had too less. There were way too many Injuries at normal..I didnt take any stats but I know there were way too many

Below is my testing results:

Carries
C. Benson 304
A. Peterson 163

R. Johnson 325
C. Perry 105

M. Lynch 337
A. Thomas 152

MJD 320
F. Taylor 149????????????????

L. Johnson 342
P. Holmes 103

K. Jones 243
T. Bell 166

S. Jackson 318
B. Leonard 92

J. Jones 326
M. Barber 102????????????????

Yes, this method is a "fix" for the backups getting carries but I cant figure out Dallas/Jack????
Old 08-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Ok, finished my first set of testing....I was testing the HB2 subbed at FB first to see what that does. Heres what I did: Stock settings, Changed RB sliders to 60/40, except for teams that had a good RB... KC, STL, etc. I placed those at 75/25. I Subbed all HB2 to FB1 AND 3RDRB......Some interesting finds: When you sub your HB2 at FB and 3RDRB and theres a injury that occurs during the simmed game, to the HB1, The computer automatically places the HB3 into the HB1 spot, thus giving them more carries than your HB2. So, if you go by this method, You have to watch injuries after every week and adjust your depth chart accordinally.

The other thing is certain teams used the FB (HB2) differently as far as stats go. I think this is just like the manifesto back in 2005, Its all gonna be based off of the playbook. The Cowboys Julious Jones had way more carries than Barber did (I had Jones as the #1). I checked the box scores after every game and the stats differed drastically. One thing I didnt understand is that MJD had more carries than F. Taylor (No injuries) and he was at the FB1. Its like the computer knew MJD had better abilities and gave him the ball more???

Other observations: The progression is OK, except for QB's....QB's had way too much progression during my testing and HB/WR had too less. There were way too many Injuries at normal..I didnt take any stats but I know there were way too many

Carries
C. Benson 304
A. Peterson 163

R. Johnson 325
C. Perry 105

M. Lynch 337
A. Thomas 152

MJD 320

L. Johnson 342
P. Holmes 103

K. Jones 243
T. Bell 166

S. Jackson 318
B. Leonard 92

J. Jones 326

Yes, this method is a "fix" for the backups getting carries but I cant figure out Dallas/Jack????
i dont quite understand the whole injury thing you were talking about. how did all of these HB1s end up getting 300+ carries if they were injured??
Old 08-24-2007, 11:34 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

Carries
C. Benson 304
A. Peterson 163

R. Johnson 325
C. Perry 105

M. Lynch 337
A. Thomas 152

MJD 320

L. Johnson 342
P. Holmes 103

K. Jones 243
T. Bell 166

S. Jackson 318
B. Leonard 92

J. Jones 326

Yeah, I noticed that too with Jax and Dallas. Although I got a more even amount of carries spread out. And its true that you will have to adjust your depth chart if injuries occur, but for those wanting an accurate (as accurate as you can get, IMO) spread of carries throughout a season, this is the way to go. Also, for the last couple weeks of the season (maybe 3 or 4) I put the FB back in his spot on the depth chart. This results in the FB getting about the correct amount of carries.

On the Dallas note, If you had Jones as the #1, shouldnt he have gotten more carries than Barber?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #62
Rookie

what do you guys think is a good sim injury number now that we dont need to boost it to 107+ as a way to limit carries
Old 08-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #63
Rookie

shockman did you edit the depth charts before preseason? if you did this maybe JJones and MJD won their camp battle and took #1 spot? i cant seem to figure any other reason why their carries would be so skewed
Old 08-24-2007, 11:58 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06
shockman did you edit the depth charts before preseason? if you did this maybe JJones and MJD won their camp battle and took #1 spot? i cant seem to figure any other reason why their carries would be so skewed

No, I didnt touch anything...I did however make sure that in the regular season they were on the depth chart in their respective positions, i.e. I placed J. Jones in the #1, and MJD in the FB1.....What confuses me is I checked the box scores after each week and these two teams caught my attention because there numbers were off from the league. I still think its because of their playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »