Home

BE Honest- NCAA 08 is better and you Know It!

This is a discussion on BE Honest- NCAA 08 is better and you Know It! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Arrow BE Honest- NCAA 08 is better and you Know It!

Come on People, Tell me I am wrong? I just traded in Madden 08 for the 360, and feel pretty good about it. After playing several seasons with Madden, I can safely say this feels tremendously different than NCAA 08. I realize this is the Pro game, but usually the two titles feel somewhat similar. Funny thing is, when I traded in the game, the manager at Gamespot confirmed my suspicions and stated Madden has been traded in at an extremely alarming Rate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: BE Honest- NCAA 08 is better and you Know It!

Thanks for telling us?
Old 08-19-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
DH7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDBANKS
Come on People, Tell me I am wrong? I just traded in Madden 08 for the 360, and feel pretty good about it. After playing several seasons with Madden, I can safely say this feels tremendously different than NCAA 08. I realize this is the Pro game, but usually the two titles feel somewhat similar. Funny thing is, when I traded in the game, the manager at Gamespot confirmed my suspicions and stated Madden has been traded in at an extremely alarming Rate.
If Madden is worse than NCAA, it must be a complete waste of time - NCAA's many bugs are terrible; game-killing for lots of people.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #4
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I feel no need to choose because I play and enjoy both.

Plus, I never understood why people would trade in a game after playing it for a month. I saw that Gamestop had a special discount if you traded in NCAA 08 towards Madden, and I couldn't believe people would actually do that. Guess I was wrong!

Then, to top it off, when the hype stops bubbling about 09, you'll see people on here who go out and re-buy the very game they traded in. Huge waste of money IMO.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #5
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDBANKS
Honestly, no, I don't know it. I find Madden to be much more enjoyable. Madden feels much more polished than NCAA. NCAA feels like I'm playing a 70% build of Madden. Sure they both have their turnover problems, but of the two, I prefer Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

OVR: 4

Well I think NCAA is more fun. That's how I tell what game is better - which one is more fun for me. NCAA used to be my favorite, then it was a lot worse than Madden. Now, NCAA is more fun again in my opinion and therefore the better game.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #7
Rookie

freudianslip's Arena

OVR: 3

Gotta agree with the OP. I much prefer NCAA, although it seems every year I much prefer NCAA. Madden just feels to "gimmicky" with all the weapons, and ring building, and stuff. Sure, there are definitely some nice aspects of Madden (mini-games, stadium builder, draft) but for me, I am getting a TON of enjoyment from NCAA.

My feelings may change once the NFL season kicks off. It seems that on Saturdays all I want to play is NCAA, and on Sundays its all about Madden. Good thing I have (and am keeping) both...
Old 08-19-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Both are good but with my patch yeah it's better

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »