Home

Could they have made the sidelines any worse?

This is a discussion on Could they have made the sidelines any worse? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 04:15 PM   #25
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Could they have made the sidelines any worse?

Bottom line is that ev'thing aobut next gen should be better/prettier/more immersive/deeper/tighter than last gen. Everything. No excuses. Especially on the 2nd or 3rd year of a game. No excuses.

Madden 08 is a good game but it's still behind. When there are things that the PS2/Xbox version or NFL 2k5 can do that this game can't, it's inexcusable. Bottom line.

But it's not just Madden, other games and the systems themselves are lacking. Where are the custom soundtraxs we got for xbox sports games? Stuff like that? The reason the Wii is doing so well is b/c it blows the Gamecube out the water in EVERY category. Can the same be said for Xbox and 360? No. Why not, you ask? One word - reliability.

I'm done ranting.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
The reason the Wii is doing so well is b/c it blows the Gamecube out the water in EVERY category. Can the same be said for Xbox and 360? No. Why not, you ask? One word - reliability.
Actually, the reason Wii is doing so well is because it isn't being marketed as a real "next gen system" or as a competitor with the PS3 and 360. It's being marketed as "next gen" in terms of its gameplay (the WiiMote), and is going in a completely different direction than the PS3 and 360 because they know, if they try to compete with the PS3 and 360, they'll get blown out of the water.

Besides the WiiMote, the Wii is practically identical to the Gamecube.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysosa
Actually, the reason Wii is doing so well is because it isn't being marketed as a real "next gen system" or as a competitor with the PS3 and 360. It's being marketed as "next gen" in terms of its gameplay (the WiiMote), and is going in a completely different direction than the PS3 and 360 because they know, if they try to compete with the PS3 and 360, they'll get blown out of the water.

Besides the WiiMote, the Wii is practically identical to the Gamecube.
The Wii has more power than the GameCube. Metroid Prime 3 should show that.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think the sidelines are hilarious. They look like the dancing warmup scene from Remember the Titans. Maybe EA put it in there as an intentional joke.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:37 AM   #29
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Bottom line is that ev'thing aobut next gen should be better/prettier/more immersive/deeper/tighter than last gen. Everything. No excuses. Especially on the 2nd or 3rd year of a game. No excuses.

Madden 08 is a good game but it's still behind. When there are things that the PS2/Xbox version or NFL 2k5 can do that this game can't, it's inexcusable. Bottom line.

But it's not just Madden, other games and the systems themselves are lacking. Where are the custom soundtraxs we got for xbox sports games? Stuff like that? The reason the Wii is doing so well is b/c it blows the Gamecube out the water in EVERY category. Can the same be said for Xbox and 360? No. Why not, you ask? One word - reliability.

I'm done ranting.
This is exactly how I feel.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 11

The Sidelines look like crap!! Peroid!! I know you guys are saying that all that matters is the game play but that's bull crap!!!

This is a next gen system,.and you've got sidelines that look like they are from a game system from the mid 90's.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:03 AM   #31
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

I'm done ranting.
Excellent post,I couldn't agree more.

**As a side note**
Has anybody else noticed the camera?? I guess the invisible man is operating it.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 01:23 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
yeah, i hear ya, but once you seen what 2k did with APF, it's hard not want that in other games. especially in one that's suppose to be the best out there...
Yea the sidelines are really immersive, it might not look like it doesnt affect gameplay but it REALLY DOES.

People say that sidelines doesnt matter, but really sidelines do matter it pumps you up, like what they did in APF is great.

It really captures you in the game and make you feel like you are part of everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »