Home

I've always been a huge Madden fan but...

This is a discussion on I've always been a huge Madden fan but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I've always been a huge Madden fan but...

Is there any way to adjust the speed? Its just too damn fast. I was all excited about the possibility of hitting the hurdle button as I see a guy going low on me but its impossible to read and react when things happen at light speed. The players seem almost twitchy as I run with them. I should also note that this is my first experience with the 360 version...has anyone played the Xbox version? Is it the same speedy thing or is it the same Madden I've loved in the past?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I've always been a huge Madden fan but...

Last gen madden is the same as previous years.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribesyoungguns
Is there any way to adjust the speed? Its just too damn fast. I was all excited about the possibility of hitting the hurdle button as I see a guy going low on me but its impossible to read and react when things happen at light speed. The players seem almost twitchy as I run with them. I should also note that this is my first experience with the 360 version...has anyone played the Xbox version? Is it the same speedy thing or is it the same Madden I've loved in the past?

adjust the speed? are you crazy? the speed is what makes this game so awesome. that and the new animations and stuff. why would you want the game to be slow? welcome to the next/current gen.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 AM   #4
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I'm glad the speed is higher, it makes it a fun videogame now instead of an animation lock in fest.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
adjust the speed? are you crazy? the speed is what makes this game so awesome. that and the new animations and stuff. why would you want the game to be slow? welcome to the next/current gen.
Yeah, I guess I just don't like the nextgen idea of football. To me, the animations and speed make me feel as though I have no control. I also think the highlight stick should be banned from video games...you just bump a stick and your player does some crazy move and breaks a tackle every time??? Doesn't make sense to me...I think you should have the truck stick, jukes, spins, hurdles, dives and thats it. If you can't break a tackle with those moves then you should just get tackled. Its not a BAD game but I think it might be time to go back to the Xbox version for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribesyoungguns
I also think the highlight stick should be banned from video games...you just bump a stick and your player does some crazy move and breaks a tackle every time??? Doesn't make sense to me...I think you should have the truck stick, jukes, spins, hurdles, dives and thats it.
The tradeoff for people who abuse the highlight stick is they might fumble so I think it evens out.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The speed is fine. After you play awhile you get used to it so no worry.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
The tradeoff for people who abuse the highlight stick is they might fumble so I think it evens out.
So do you really feel like you can react to what is going on on the field? I played a game with the Chargers yesterday and honest to God, all I had to do was kind of pick a hole for LT to go through and then it was so fast I just let the animations take over and he'd get 6-7 yards every carry. I then played a game with Jamal Lewis and it was much more fun because I could actually put out a stiff arm on purpose and break a tackle. I still never had time to jump over a low tackle or anything like that but it was better. I thought the speed of last gen Madden was perfect because I controlled everything and I could even do things like cover WRs with a DB...now I try to do that and there's just no chance because of the hyper speed of every thing. I'm sure a lot of people like the speed but its just not for me and I wish I had the option of slowing it down because if I did I would keep the game and not trade it in for the Xbox version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »