Home

help against a friend

This is a discussion on help against a friend within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

thetruth155's Arena

OVR: 1
help against a friend

so my friend picks free fire i think it is in the 4-3 formation.............the only thing is he picks it every play now my football knowledge is pretty good but it seems like the Offensive lines A.I does not adjust so im stuck because he spreads the DLine and Pinches the LB's. i usually end up passing to my saftey valve which would be my RB or TE but its like 2 yards sometims less sometimes more .......i even try to run 5 wr but i realized he has 5 other guys playing man .....so are there any suggestions because usually im gettin sacked right away or i have to dump off with the quikness
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: help against a friend

Screen plays or quick TE slants will destroy your friend and keep him honest.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

tell you're friend he cheeses like hell and don't play him anymore.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
Rookie

thetruth155's Arena

OVR: 1

thats what i was thinking and i did a few and it did work especially the screens ...thanks....i just hate the ability for him to run the same play without my O line Adjusting then they are just all confused
Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

There's only so much your OL can adjust, since rushers outnumber the blockers. But it would be nice if there's OL pass protect audible like last gen. I'd just audible my RB and TE to stay and block and let my WRs take on his CBs one on one. One of your RB (in I-form) or TE (in Ace) should go and run a pattern to keep one of the safeties occupied, so that the CB on the same side would get no help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
I'm in here...

OVR: 7

Just go into practice and select 4-3 Free Fire for the D, set your plays to Random.

Work it out from there. You dont need to pinch the lines and stuff, watch how the D reacts to your different plays and know how to adjust. You can use 2 controllers to pinch the lines if that helps. Know how to hot route a WR to block and then put him in motion.

So many options, all it takes is practice. And when you do practice, don't worry about completions or accuracy, just watch the D blitz angles and work on your timing. Also, if you play on Pro, set your practice level at one level above (All-Pro).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »