Home

So is Vick out of the game in the next roster update?

This is a discussion on So is Vick out of the game in the next roster update? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #17
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: So is Vick out of the game in the next roster update?

^ dogfighting is cruel and inhumane. On another forum I frequent some guy posted pictures of losing dogs. A few had half there faces ripped off. Add the fact that they kill the losers often.

Aside from all this, running an interstate gambling ring is a very big deal.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:48 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hioh631
He is already out. I updated my rosters yesterday and Joey Harrington is the starting QB followed by Shockey, then... nobody. However at the team select screen Vick is still listed as a weapon even though he isn't there anymore.
Well you need to remove Shockley now too...he is out for year with a torn up knee..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #19
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8

Thank god, now no one can Cheese with him and I can finally play against the Falcons online again.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #20
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuch94
Thank god, now no one can Cheese with him and I can finally play against the Falcons online again.
True...No more "Vick Cheese"...though I think that crowd will move to the Titans and VY
Old 08-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #21
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoker
How can they remove him, you mean take him off the Falcons roster? And on top of that this entire thing with Vick is nonsense. Honestly you can tell how much of a joke this country can be at times when dog fighting is such a key issue to bring up on the news everyday when people are going through worse problems in the US and the world but because they aren't a celebrity they don't get the attention they deserve.
Nonsense huh? Everyone has a right to there own opinion i just hope you truly understand what hes actually being charged with. Since when is punishing someone for breaking the law nonsense??? Oh thats right ....only countries that are a joke sometimes ...those are the ones that do that ...

btw yes Vick should be off the roster on the next update, he wont be playing in real life....no need to have him in the game IMO

Last edited by Badboy49er; 08-20-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
Nonsense huh? Everyone has a right to there own opinion i just hope you truly understand what hes actually being charged with. Since when is punishing someone for breaking the law nonsense??? Oh thats right ....only countries that are a joke sometimes ...those are the ones that do that ...

btw yes Vick should be off the roster on the next update, he wont be playing in real life....no need to have him in the game IMO
Ditto 100x over. Anyone that thinks that dogfighting is nonsense has something wrong with their moral compass IMO. As for nonsense, that bit about singling him out for being a celebrity is nonsense. The last time I checked his two buddies who were involved got in a little heaping of trouble themselves. And first, before Vick.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-20-2007, 09:23 PM   #23
Rookie

spottieottiedop's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ditto 100x over. Anyone that thinks that dogfighting is nonsense has something wrong with their moral compass IMO. As for nonsense, that bit about singling him out for being a celebrity is nonsense. The last time I checked his two buddies who were involved got in a little heaping of trouble themselves. And first, before Vick.
The charge and jail sentence is not nonsense. The publicity this whole thing with Vick is nonsense. Only in America does an animal garner more attention than a human. A player can kill someone or deal drugs and no protest no outrage nothing. And if anyone thinks that the government did go after Vick because of his celebrity is a fool.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #24
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

The ignorance of some people who blindly defend whatever athlete they worship never ceases to amaze.

However the argument is moot. Since Vick won't be playing now or anytime in the next couple of years, I would say he will be removed from the roster, since he will not be added to the Falcons active roster anytime soon, and more than likely will no longer be under contract by them any time in the near future. Not to mention most likely won't be eligibile to play in the NFL anytime in the near future.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »