Home

PS2 and XBOX versions still the best versions available...

This is a discussion on PS2 and XBOX versions still the best versions available... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #129
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: PS2 and XBOX versions still the best versions available...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. JimmyFly
This is from sm27's famed 'Manifesto'. It'll show you how to use two controllers and profiles to turn off the cone and adjust fatigue for the CPU controlled team:

I am Sm27, These are my sliders, UPDATED!

HOW TO PLAY GAMES USING THE CPU OPPONENT PROFILE

*NOTE, as of 25 Aug 2004 you may not use custom "CREATE A PACKAGE" while utilizing the CPU OPPONENT PROFILE METHOD. This is mainly To be used for "GM MODE" Games in order for the CPU to Run more and to get the CPU to 'SUB' Players while it is playing itself, It is also helpful in getting the CPU to sustain Injuries during "GM MODE" Games.

Create a CPU OPPONENT PROFILE using the Profile settings as described above
Have two controllers plugged in to your XBOX as if you were going to play against another Human being
When Starting your Franchise Game, at the "CONTROLLER SELECT SCREEN", Slide The Controller you are Not Using over to the other Team.
Make sure that your CREATED CPU OPPONENT PROFILE is the Profile for the other team.
Push Start On Both Controllers as if you are Two People.
After The Coin Toss, select Either KICK OFF or RETURN Plays for BOTH TEAMS.
Before the Kick, Pause the game Using the CPU OPPONENT controller.
Select Gameplay Settings and slide the CPU OPPONENT CONTROLLER back in to the Center so that the CPU will control the Other Team. The Loaded Profile with the SUB IN/OUT FATIGUE settings will stay with the CPU controlled Team.
Resume Game.
Either KICK OFF for the CPU TEAM, Or if the CPU TEAM won the toss, simply Kick it to the CPU like you normaly would.
The CPU will now play against you with the adjusted Fatigue settings working for the CPU team as well as your own team so it will still be Fair.The CPU will now control the Opposing team like it always does.

You can turn off the cone in the CPU's profile.
Yes, that is where I originally got the idea. I have been doing this, and it is playing a great game on default all star for me.

Here is my question:

Do the user computer controlled guys on my team (the other guys I don't play with on my defense) not intercept the ball as much because they too can't "read" the CPU's "eyes" (the vision cone area)? Someone, maybe it was Sm27 stated that they thought it did make a difference.

When I played with the CPU profile and without, I also thought it made a difference, but maybe it was coincidence.

It seemed like the other players on my team I did not control were "reading" the CPU vision cone more than they do if you use the 2nd profile and turn it off.

What do you guys think? This is what I was originally trying to ask, but did a poor job of doing so.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #130
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Just did a search. It was Kingv2k slider post in which he thought it was a commonly known problem of the Human AI players reading the CPUs "eyes" and that Madden even makes a comment about it.

What accelerated clock minutes are you guys playing to get the most realistic stats? Are you guys using 12 minute accelerated clock minutes or sticking with 15 minutes?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #131
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I do 12 Minutes and seem to get a decent number of plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #132
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Thanks. I had another great game. So far, with the Colts, I have had close games until after halftime, and then I am killing teams. I avg. about 35 ppg. I am using default all-star. But, I have only gotten to Denver so far. What will be the judge for me if I need harder sliders is when I play TB, Jacksonville, and especially the Patriots. The games have "felt" good so far. The Colts are a really good team, so I should expect to beat a lot of teams badly. I am thinking about playing another franchise with the Arizona Cardinals or maybe the Kansas City Chiefs.

Do you guys recommend anyone's sliders for all-star? I won't play All-madden if there is any cheesy CPU play.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:58 AM   #133
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

KingV2k3's sliders are great.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:53 PM   #134
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Thanks. I'll give those sliders a try. Having great fun with the PS2 Madden. Man, if the 360 version was just like this one, but with better graphics and presentation, it would be the most awesome game. It's sad but unlike the 360 version, this one (PS2/Xbox) has stat overlays including drive summaries. You can save replays. It still has all the full defensive and offensive features like backing off of bumping just one WR and not both. Very good version. Now I am curious about the PS2 version of NCAA Football! I might buy that since the 360 version has issues too.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #135
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Just a 'heads-up', WR's and TE's with 90+ AWR get much better seperation on their routes than WR's/TE's with lower AWR.

I experimented with this during every game of my pre-season and my newly aquired 92 AWR WR was beating lock-down CB's on 10-yard In-routes and on 5-yard Slant-routes on a consistant basis.

When I ran those same routes, against the same corners, but with my 83 AWR WR, the DB locked him down almost everytime.

So 90+ AWR means a lot when it comes to WR's.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #136
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Another 'heads-up'; you don't have to break the pocket to throw the ball away. If you stand in the pocket and press the 'throw-away' button, your QB will throw the ball in the dirt at the nearest WR's feet

Can't believe it took me all of this time to find this out.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »