Home

so my friend tried to argue with me that...

This is a discussion on so my friend tried to argue with me that... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #9
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: so my friend tried to argue with me that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
this is the same thing he said about divulging their playbooks. you both are idiots. the playbook is the playbook they don't design new plays every week. the same plays are in the game because the same plays are ran.

First of all, calm down man. Just because I say you're wrong and your friend is right doesn't mean I'm taking a shot at you.

Second of all, yes new plays are designed every week. Just because you don't recognize them doesn't mean they don't exist.

I can't tell you how many Colts plays I've seen on offense that have never been introduced into the game, or how about all the different blitzes the Eagles have or the Ravens 3-4? I've never any of those plays in the game. Coaches simply go to EA and give a stroke job because they're contractually obligated.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
First of all, calm down man. Just because I say you're wrong and your friend is right doesn't mean I'm taking a shot at you.

Second of all, yes new plays are designed every week. Just because you don't recognize them doesn't mean they don't exist.

I can't tell you how many Colts plays I've seen on offense that have never been introduced into the game, or how about all the different blitzes the Eagles have or the Ravens 3-4? I've never any of those plays in the game. Coaches simply go to EA and give a stroke job because they're contractually obligated.
ha what im sayin is the coach comes in and goes over the playbook, maybe gives some plays you might see. I didn't say Defense bc the defenses aren't team specific, yet.... but I saw in that latest interview that they brought rex ryan in to talk about the blitz packages and what not so ... I dunno
Old 08-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
ha what im sayin is the coach comes in and goes over the playbook, maybe gives some plays you might see. I didn't say Defense bc the defenses aren't team specific, yet.... but I saw in that latest interview that they brought rex ryan in to talk about the blitz packages and what not so ... I dunno
Yeah I sent in some questions for that too. But there are no Ravens blitz and coverages packages in the game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #12
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Look, football is a fairly simple game that has been made incredibly complicated by the coaches. When I played 65 lbs football when I was 6 we had a 10 play play book, which seemed huge. Hell, Lombardi ran about 6 plays. Basically he said 'Here it is, stop us if you can.' Of course most teams couldn't because they knew how to execute those 6 plays. His philosophy was don't practice until you get it right but practice until you can't do it wrong. Coaches today with their 300 page play books are nuts.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

the playbooks aren't exact like the real thing obviously but some coaches have asked specifically for their own playbook to be made exactly as it is for their team and distributed to ONLY their players for a mean of them learning the plays, by playing with them. Sorry this doesn't help you out on your debate with your friend but this communication with EA and coaches on this part actually happens.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:06 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

I promise that EA does NOT talk to the coaches about their playbooks. My proof? For the last 3/4 years Cleveland has had this ridiculous Wishbone/Fullhouse formation that I have never seen them use...ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »