Home

so my friend tried to argue with me that...

This is a discussion on so my friend tried to argue with me that... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
so my friend tried to argue with me that...

Madden doesn't bring in the coaches or go over playbooks, etc. with them. I told him that ATL had the option in their playbook this year, and that given that, I'm sure Petrino planned to run it at least once over the course of the season with Vick, saying that EA talks with the coaches and what not and they discuss their playbooks with EA. He said they don't do that and laughed that I thought because they had the option in the game that that had any correlation with what they planned to use during the season.

So OS, tell me who is right? And where I can get an article or something discussing this situation?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: so my friend tried to argue with me that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
Madden doesn't bring in the coaches or go over playbooks, etc. with them. I told him that ATL had the option in their playbook this year, and that given that, I'm sure Petrino planned to run it at least once over the course of the season with Vick, saying that EA talks with the coaches and what not and they discuss their playbooks with EA. He said they don't do that and laughed that I thought because they had the option in the game that that had any correlation with what they planned to use during the season.

So OS, tell me who is right? And where I can get an article or something discussing this situation?

Thanks
I can tell you one thing... the falcons won´t run the option this year... specially with vick.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I can tell you one thing... the falcons won´t run the option this year... specially with vick.
ha i meant before Vick got raped by the feds....
Old 08-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

Thanks

Well being that the same option play is in NCAA in many of their playbooks. I know one of the guys that does the playbooks and he does look at tape and they do talk with coaches though so...
Old 08-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Thanks
you seriously think the coaches are going to divulge their playbooks to some video game programmers? Sorry but your friend is right. Why do you think the same plays have been in the game for the past 6-7 years? Or why do you think only a small amount of new plays get added every year?

Only reason the option is in the game is because the Falcons ran it a few times last year. It has no correlation to the upcoming season whatsoever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
you seriously think the coaches are going to divulge their playbooks to some video game programmers? Sorry but your friend is right. Why do you think the same plays have been in the game for the past 6-7 years? Or why do you think only a small amount of new plays get added every year?

Only reason the option is in the game is because the Falcons ran it a few times last year. It has no correlation to the upcoming season whatsoever.
this is the same thing he said about divulging their playbooks. you both are idiots. after 2 or 3 games their playbooks are divulged anyway. there is video n **** of them for the past two years, the playbook is the playbook they don't design new plays every week. the same plays are in the game because the same plays are ran. and a small amount gets added every year because a small amount gets added every year to a real playbook. or a small amount every few weeks or come playoff time. most teams havethe same general plays because they have the same general plays in real life. who cares if you divulge one of your regular plays that has been on film for the past 5 years, it doesn't matter if the team can't stop it or doesn't know when it is coming..
Old 08-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

I doubt they get any decent info from any coaches they may talk to.

What is hard about making a playbook? Know the team's strengths, put all the regular plays in there, add some for their star players, give them one or two special trickery type plays, and you're done.

If the developers need coach input, we're in trouble anyway.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't believe that EA talks to each coach. There is no way they have time for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »