Home

Is this telling?

This is a discussion on Is this telling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Is this telling?

I was just looking at my online profile. I know people say their issue is with the cpu turning the ball over but I have never really had an issue either way. I play on all madden and I dont turn the ball over. Anyways I was looking at my online profile, and I'm 9-2 24 ppg for and 10 pts against and i was looking at how im winning. I'm being outyardaged, out sacked. But I turn the ball over on average 1 time per game where my opponents are turning it over 4 times a game on average. Do people just need to learn how to play this game or what? It's funny because I dont play with a mic but I can just hear people whining every time I beat them about the turnover bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Is this telling?

You must be so l33t. We all bow down to your mastery of Madden. Can you teach the computer to not fumble and throw a zillion interceptions as well? They seem to have the most problems.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
You must be so l33t. We all bow down to your mastery of Madden. Can you teach the computer to not fumble and throw a zillion interceptions as well? They seem to have the most problems.
overreaction?

Dan Marino
Shannon Sharpe

Lem Barney
Elvin Bethea
Joey Browner

Clyde Simmons
Pete Metzelaars
Eugene Robinson
Terry McDaniel
Rob Moore
Alvin Harper
Old 08-21-2007, 03:16 AM   #4
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm agreeing with you man. I've been playing for a few days and went 4 games without an interception and only fumbled once in the rain. The guys I've been beating are gunslinging it all over the place, trying to juke around 3 of my players. And because of it turning the ball over heaps.

I've been playing really conservatively, not forcing passes, lots of short passing. Running out of bounds whenever I can with my wide recievers and TE after a pass, or my WR after a KR ... Pretty much playing how teams play in real life.

Some guys want to air it out every possession and then complain about my superhuman DB's ... Or run down the sideline into 2 of my LB's and a safety and complain about the fumbling.

And regardless of what some people say, the protect ball button works, and works well. Guys say they want realism, and when they have to play a patient possession type of game (realistic) over a gunslinging shootout making big plays (arcadish), complain that they are turning over the pill ... go figure.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:27 AM   #5
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

fluffytonka, did you change any of the sliders or are u playing on default
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 03:34 AM   #6
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
fluffytonka, did you change any of the sliders or are u playing on default
I changed a few. I play on all pro.

RB ability - increased it (forget how much, I'm at work so i can't look it up)
interceptions - decreased to 10
swat away(or whatever its called) - increased to 80
defense shed block - increased it to make up for the extra RB ability.

protect the ball when you go into a crowd and try and get out of bounds on KR's instead of taking on the whole special team and you will hardly fumble at all.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #7
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122

Yes I can, and you can too. I adjusted the sliders and now neither I nor the CPU turnover the ball more than twice a game if that, sometimes one team may never even have the first turnover.The CPU now is only throwing maybe one INT per game on average, sometimes none and of course there a a few games where I may pick it off twice. That's realistic. And they rarely ever fumble the ball anymore either, at least not a real fumble. Most of the time when the CPU fumbles it is not really a fumble, just a poor call. So I have been challenging the play for the CPU since the CPU does not call challenges and that way the call gets overturned, the CPU keeps the ball, and they are not charged with a fumble. It's all fair, other than the fact that I myself lose a challenge. So I don't feel there is a turnover problem, but there needs to be a patch that either lessens the frequency of bad officiating or fixes it so that the CPU will actually challenge plays, preferably to fix both. And as for the turnover problem online, as the TC stated, play smart. Cover up when need be, when in traffic, before a hit, etc. Don't be trying all kinds of special moves in heavy traffic or try to spin right as you're getting hit and don't hit sprint until in the open. Just things like that, which is realistic, will keep you from turning over the ball.

Last edited by utorde; 08-21-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #8
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Yep have started playing some real conservative smart football, none of this arcade crap and turnovers are just not an issue. Now I still have adjusted some sliders to my liking which probably help with the turnovers but I got this game playing a great game of sim ball. This game is so much more sim than people give it credit for. Gone are the days when you can move the 2.0 stick all over 100 times when running the ball or throw into coverage and not expect to pay for it. I am very pleased with this game to say the least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »