Home

To hell with he sliders, just clarify this!

This is a discussion on To hell with he sliders, just clarify this! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
To hell with he sliders, just clarify this!

If the knockdown settings are increased does that mean the defense will make less interception attempts and just swat the ball or not? Its amazing how i can never get a straight answer on this, and i blame easports not the people on this forum. Everyone has done one hell of a job trying to compensate for EA's lack of AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: To hell with he sliders, just clarify this!

Plain and simple... don't let anyone tell you any differently than what I'm about to say.

The knockdown slider improves the CPU's players ability to make a play on the ball. If you turn the slider up, you'll notice more of the super human ability where the player makes an incredible break on the ball. As you turn it down, there will be less of this happen.

It does not tilt the interception vs knockdown passes teeter totter. The labeling is a little confusing... but with years of experience I know for a fact what I'm talking about.

As you turn this down you should find a comfortable and realistic setting that feels like the cpu's AI is playing realistic.

An example of this super human ability is when you see a CPU LB standing there and when you throw the ball they seem to make up about 20 yards of field to knockdown the pass. If you turn this slider down, those LB's can't cover that kind of ground.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I wonder they guard EXACTLY what these sliders do so closely. I mean, even when 2k was making licensed games EA was the only company that used those particular slider categories.

I know that the sliders affect more than what they descriptions say that they do.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

All I know is this. For a while I had Human & CPU INT & Knockdown all set at 0. Like that I would pick off the CPU anywhere from 6-9 times a game, and the CPU would pick my passes about 4 times a game even though I was being very careful with my passes. It was just that the ball would get picked off on both sides if it came anywhere near a defender. I messed around with the sliders for a while, finally leaving INT at 0 for both Human and CPU, raised Human Knockdown to 10, and CPU Knockdown to 20. Now I never pick off the CPU more than twice a game and a lot of times I don't even intercept it at all. The only interceptions I throw now is if I just make a bad decision, throw into heavy traffic, etc. And sometimes even though the ball hits the defender in the hands, Human side or CPU side either one, the ball gets deflected rather than picked off. So yes, adjusting the sliders has fixed my INT problems. Same goes for the fumble situations, fixed it with my slider adjustments as well. The only problem I have with fumbles now is a lot of times the CPU gets called for a fumble that wasn't really a fumble, the player was clearly down. So to fix this problem, since the CPU does not ever call challenges other than the booth reviews when under 2 minutes in the half, I challenge the play myself so that the CPU gets to keep the ball. I don't want to cheat to get a turnover, I want a fair game.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

utode, so might you share your set of sliders? What level do you play on?

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile_17
utode, so might you share your set of sliders? What level do you play on?

Actually what I did was used Jay's sliders and then tweaked them to my liking and play style and this game plays great for me now. I also used the penalty sliders from someone else and tweaked them and used the sub in/out sliders from a third guy, but did not tweak the sub sliders. The first 2 guys who replied said they did not like them at all, but then the next few guys said they liked them pretty good. One of them said he tweaked them a little bit farther for himself and they were better for him now, he posted his changes so you may want to try that too. They are on All-Pro, but another guy said he used them but put it on All-Madden and liked them there. So anyway, here's the link to the thread of them. Try them out if you want, if nothing else they may be a good base for you to start with and tweak even further to your particular skill level and play style. With these I don't fumble very much at all unless I try to do too much stuff in heavy traffic rushing, or don't throw a pick unless I just make a mistake, which this is how it's supposed to be, that's realistic. The CPU usually never throws more than 1 possibly 2 picks per game, but sometimes never even throws one. The CPU doesn't fumble very much at all either, some game none at all. There is one problem with the CPU fumbles though, it's bad officiating and the lack of CPU calling a challenge other than booth reviews under 2 minutes. Most of the CPU fumbles in my games now aren't real fumbles, they're just bad calls. So when the CPU fumbles and I do not feel it was the correct call I will challenge the play myself since the CPU won't. This costs me a challenge, but at least it keeps the game fair. Someone told me when I did that to first switch teams and call a challenge so that I will be using theirs and not mine. I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet, but as long as it still allows me to earn my level points and/or achievements I will use that method from now on. But I would say that as soon as you switch teams it is going to negate any points or achievements.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...post2037670746

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »