Home

Exclusivity - was it worth it?

This is a discussion on Exclusivity - was it worth it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Exclusivity - was it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
It is their perrogative, but to try and tell everyone to accept it for what it is, is rediculous. If someone wants to settle, that's their perrogative, but don't expect everyone else to lay down over a product that they don't feel is what it should be and then complain because they voice their opinions that they are unhappy.
I agree, but we have the same problem in reverse. The guy who says he likes the game for what it is, is told he's settling, and that he's an idiot, and he's the reason for all things wrong in the football video game world.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:18 PM   #50
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I agree, but we have the same problem in reverse. The guy who says he likes the game for what it is, is told he's settling, and that he's an idiot, and he's the reason for all things wrong in the football video game world.
Good point.

But in terms of a game progressing, the guy who is content is likely going to be unfazed (in the least and happy at best) by a game getting better, where as the guy who is unhappy will be upset if the game is not improved. So while, complacency is nice, it kind of hinders progression for everyone else.

I don't mind people who are complacent, but when someone else voices a concern and they either ideny that a problem exists or tell them to just deal with it, then it just becomes counter productive.

Example: Field Goal Net's. Can anyone be upset if they are added? No. So why is it that when people complain/demand/voice a concern over the fact that they aren't included, others get upset by their attention to detail. If someones complaint is a non-issue to another, then it seems that the only purpose for an argument is to start something.

The guy who doesn't care about the net won't be in a worse position by the addition of the net, while the person who wants the net will be a happier person because of it. So instead of taking that attitude, they take it as a personal attack that someone else wants something that they think is not important.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:20 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Good point.

But in terms of a game progressing, the guy who is content is likely going to be unfazed (in the least and happy at best) by a game getting better, where as the guy who is unhappy will be upset if the game is not improved. So while, complacency is nice, it kind of hinders progression for everyone else.

I don't mind people who are complacent, but when someone else voices a concern and they either ideny that a problem exists or tell them to just deal with it, then it just becomes counter productive.

Example: Field Goal Net's. Can anyone be upset if they are added? No. So why is it that when people complain/demand/voice a concern over the fact that they aren't included, others get upset by their attention to detail. If someones complaint is a non-issue to another, then it seems that the only purpose for an argument is to start something.
I think the problem we run in to is, say for FG nets, which personally I don't give a crap about, is when it's the same people complaining about the same thing, in every single thread in the forum over and over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #52
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I think the problem we run in to is, say for FG nets, which personally I don't give a crap about, is when it's the same people complaining about the same thing, in every single thread in the forum over and over again.
that doesn't make the complaint any less legit...!?!?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
that doesn't make the complaint any less legit...!?!?
Didn't say it did. But complaining about it in every single thread over and over again, doesn't make it any more legit, and is the reason I believe most people get fed up with people who complain about such things.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
The sales are only increasing about 7% year over year which is way down from five years ago. This is a sign that some people are getting bored with the game and not buying it every year.
that doesnt make any sense, but i do know that the people who buy madden will keep buying madden, no matter how good and realistic nfl 2kx is 2k doesnt have a chance
Old 08-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #55
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Completely understandable. Nothing worse than a thread being taken off track for something that has been said over an dover again, espeically when there are impressions threads and bug/glitch threads specifically to address these things.

I guess people just want to be heard and their complaints to be addressed. As frustrating as it is to sift through the same complaints over and over, it's probably even more frustrating for people to play a game that they feel doesn't live up to what it should be. Or to play a new game that possesses problems that existed in the previous years game. I don't think there is anything more frustrating to a person than not being heard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #56
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Seems like a mantra that will lead us no-where. "Accept the game for what it is." Basically, "People should settle and shouldn't expect more for their money"

This works great for EA, they never have to improve their game as people will just have the mindset to accept whatever they put out.
They obviously are improving their games considering their Fifa, NFL, NCAA, and NHL franchises are all much better than they were on last gen. As a video game player, if you don't accept a game for what it is, you won't find any enjoyment out of any video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »