Home

Old 08-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Nano Blitz

I figured 05 was the last year of the Nano Blitz, but it's back! This is really frustrating because I can Nano as well, but the game just becomes ********. Anyone else run into this problem when playing someone else. I really thinks this ruins the game. I guess you could use the unstoppable play and get 10 yards everytime, but that would just be extremly boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Nano Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by obie
I figured 05 was the last year of the Nano Blitz, but it's back! This is really frustrating because I can Nano as well, but the game just becomes ********. Anyone else run into this problem when playing someone else. I really thinks this ruins the game. I guess you could use the unstoppable play and get 10 yards everytime, but that would just be extremly boring.
Nano blitzes can be beaten though with several different plays. 05 made a very dumb move IMO. Rather than addressing the problem they added random gap blitzing which is very stupid. If a defensive coach draws a blitz on the board for player X to hit a certain gap then he has to hit that gap or the coach will just find someone else who can. Nano blitzes can be frustrating. But I'd rather have heat than no heat. Imagine the offensive powerhouse the game would be with no pressure since you can easily scramble out of the pocket and do all kinda things with the QB.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Nano blitzes can be beaten though with several different plays. 05 made a very dumb move IMO. Rather than addressing the problem they added random gap blitzing which is very stupid. If a defensive coach draws a blitz on the board for player X to hit a certain gap then he has to hit that gap or the coach will just find someone else who can. Nano blitzes can be frustrating. But I'd rather have heat than no heat. Imagine the offensive powerhouse the game would be with no pressure since you can easily scramble out of the pocket and do all kinda things with the QB.
I agree with having pressure, but getting pressure with 3 d-line and 1 LB in the quarter D makes it hard to do anything. Then when you audible down to a run that LB gets right through and blows the play up. The only thing that works is tosses, but those can be easily stopped. I wish the game felt more like real football. They are on the right track and I believe that 09 will address a lot of these concerns. Now if I could only run the ball I would be a happy camper. With nanos it makes it really really hard since those LB's get right in. Another thing is the D-line gets no pressure w/oi blitzing!!!!! i really like playing the d-line, but it makes it pointless with the super o-line blockers that hold and clip on almost every play!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I agree with having pressure, but getting pressure with 3 d-line and 1 LB in the quarter D makes it hard to do anything. Then when you audible down to a run that LB gets right through and blows the play up. The only thing that works is tosses, but those can be easily stopped. I wish the game felt more like real football. They are on the right track and I believe that 09 will address a lot of these concerns. Now if I could only run the ball I would be a happy camper. With nanos it makes it really really hard since those LB's get right in. Another thing is the D-line gets no pressure w/oi blitzing!!!!! i really like playing the d-line, but it makes it pointless with the super o-line blockers that hold and clip on almost every play!

I like the improvements on the Dline but what I do not like is that there is no personality here. All Power Move Dlineman have Reggie White's club. Every last one of them. There are guys that are not known for pass rushing but they club any offensive lineman and run into the backfield for the sack if you do not have quick passes. I haven't faced the Quarters one yet, but alot of other fronts are easy to run on with the stretch play when people are blitzing so much inside. But I hear there is a Quarters play that is glitched out and works against everything I don't know what it is and have not faced it, but some people on my list were telling me about it.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I like the improvements on the Dline but what I do not like is that there is no personality here. All Power Move Dlineman have Reggie White's club. Every last one of them. There are guys that are not known for pass rushing but they club any offensive lineman and run into the backfield for the sack if you do not have quick passes. I haven't faced the Quarters one yet, but alot of other fronts are easy to run on with the stretch play when people are blitzing so much inside. But I hear there is a Quarters play that is glitched out and works against everything I don't know what it is and have not faced it, but some people on my list were telling me about it.
That is the quarters nano blitz that we run........It works against everything. I could just use the unstoppable play which the nano can not stop, but they are banning that play in all tournaments. I guess it is back to the drawing board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
That is the quarters nano blitz that we run........It works against everything. I could just use the unstoppable play which the nano can not stop, but they are banning that play in all tournaments. I guess it is back to the drawing board.
Ohhh the Fire Blitz? Yeah that one is pretty nasty. It's easy to beat though. But you gotta do it from the shotgun. Go to your playbook and look for Arrow Routes and Sluggo Routes. Motion that route inside, let the WR take a step and it's money against the Fire Blitz since no one is in zone. Now if they start dropping out in zone then that will force you to hesitate but at the same time that weakens the blitz a little bit.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

I have learned that the best way to beat all heat is to lab the routes in your playbook. It takes time yeah, but it's worth it. There are several routes that can get you that jetpack too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »