Home

Anybody play EVERY game of a season?

This is a discussion on Anybody play EVERY game of a season? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Anybody play EVERY game of a season?

I'm not talking about every one of your team's game but every game of each week?

I started to do this in NFL 2k5. I've never completed it because usaully I get bored with football games because all the teams play the same. While the difference in teams and players might be as pronounced as APF (golds to generic) you still get a flavor for star plays. It's a whole hell of a lot easier to bring down Turner instead of LT on San Diego.

I think if you play every game of an entire season, you would have played a total of around 17-18 seasons. That's a lot of games.

We'll see how far I get this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Anybody play EVERY game of a season?

No. I don't think I could keep myself interested as it would just kind of seem like a bunch of random exhibition games.

Although it would be interesting to play.

How do you usually pick the team to be JRod?
Old 08-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

actually, i couldn't even get 1/2way through my own team's 1st season schedule in Madden 08 before getting bored and going back to play 2k8.
the gameplay in 2k8 blows Madden 08 away...and has WAY less gameplay issues. less modes, but much better actual gameplay.

so...the short answer is....no.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
actually, i couldn't even get 1/2way through my own team's 1st season schedule in Madden 08 before getting bored and going back to play 2k8.
the gameplay in 2k8 blows Madden 08 away...and has WAY less gameplay issues. less modes, but much better actual gameplay.

so...the short answer is....no.
Even this question comes down to EA vs. 2K LOL.

Can I ask why you're on the Madden section of OS then?? Doesnt make much sense.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSB215
Even this question comes down to EA vs. 2K LOL.

Can I ask why you're on the Madden section of OS then?? Doesnt make much sense.
LOL, thank you !

Back to the topic, no i couldn't do a whole season with every team. I would just get bored, plus i'm a die hard Dolphins fan so I really don't have any interest in playing as another team.

Another reason I wouldn't play every game on every weekend is that I have a lot more sports games than just Madden so it would be hard to find the time to fit every game into my schedule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I'm not talking about every one of your team's game but every game of each week?

I started to do this in NFL 2k5. I've never completed it because usaully I get bored with football games because all the teams play the same. While the difference in teams and players might be as pronounced as APF (golds to generic) you still get a flavor for star plays. It's a whole hell of a lot easier to bring down Turner instead of LT on San Diego.

I think if you play every game of an entire season, you would have played a total of around 17-18 seasons. That's a lot of games.

We'll see how far I get this year.
I dont play every game but I follow the season and play games along with it. I play the most important games of the week and have been doing it for years. Thats why I hate when sports games only allow you to play with one team. I get bored only playing with one team.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont play every game but I follow the season and play games along with it. I play the most important games of the week and have been doing it for years. Thats why I hate when sports games only allow you to play with one team. I get bored only playing with one team.
See I don't like doing that because I don't like affecting results.

In an important game how do you pick the team? If two teams are fighting for the last spot to get into the playoffs do you just pick the team you like most?
Old 08-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I do a lot of this in NCAA. My only rule is that I can't play SEC games unless it's one of my games in my Dynasty (Gators) or if it involves one of the top ranked teams if I am still in the title hunt or have a shot at a BCS bowl game. I have always enjoyed doing this if I have time.

The only thing is that it slows me down from getting really deep into my Dynasty with my team, but it sure is fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »