Home

Madden sold over 1.75 million in the 1st week

This is a discussion on Madden sold over 1.75 million in the 1st week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2007, 03:41 AM   #17
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden sold over 1.75 million in the 1st week

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Sorry to sound so lame but what is VGC?
http://vgchartz.com/aweekly.php

That's the link to the site the OP is referring to.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #18
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
Those must be some disappointing numbers for EA. This year they put more into marketing than any other year.
How could 1.75 million dollars in a week be a disappointment?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:58 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 3

And that chart is only for the first 5 days.. Not even a week... Madden did great the first few days and their 360 version sold a lot more then last year and considering that not everybody has a 360... They did great

APF....sold nowhere near.... Madden > APF
Old 08-23-2007, 08:01 AM   #20
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

NJPapi..just because you enjoy the game doesn't mean people aren't disappointed with it..The PC version plays a better game of football in peoples opinion..
Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

No football game for me this year.

I was a big NFL2k5 guy, but was disappointed with APF. I bought Madden 07 last year, but have not seen anything that makes me think 08 is a big enough improvement over 07 to warrant another $60. I took the $60 I would have bought Madden with and bought Bishock instead. I don't regret it for a second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
How could 1.75 million dollars in a week be a disappointment?
If you were betting the farm on 2 million then yeah it'd be a disappointment. Everything is relative.

Madden definitely lost customers and that's a fact. I didn't buy it, and quite a few friends I know didn't buy it. Some people I do know did buy it however so they didn't lose that many sales but they lost enough that they noticed. Also , I believe that some real casual players skipped football altogether. For some reason there isn't the same level of hype among the people as there was in the past. EA definitely hyped it till the wheels fell off but I don't see the people cramming the stores like before.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:45 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
If you were betting the farm on 2 million then yeah it'd be a disappointment. Everything is relative.

Madden definitely lost customers and that's a fact. I didn't buy it, and quite a few friends I know didn't buy it. Some people I do know did buy it however so they didn't lose that many sales but they lost enough that they noticed. Also , I believe that some real casual players skipped football altogether. For some reason there isn't the same level of hype among the people as there was in the past. EA definitely hyped it till the wheels fell off but I don't see the people cramming the stores like before.

dude dont make dumb statements... the figures are not even for a week.. is for just 4 days

not everybody bought it the first day... the 360 sold a lot more then last year and their next gen console is what they worry about since they just rehash the old gen

wait till the figures come out for a whole week of sales and i can assure you it will top a million just on the 360
Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
NJPapi..just because you enjoy the game doesn't mean people aren't disappointed with it..The PC version plays a better game of football in peoples opinion..

where did i state that they have to enjoy it... i can care less if they do or dont... all i know is that i love it and so do many others...

there are a lot more that like it then does that dont....

and sales alone show that...

you dont actually think that the members that hate it in OS or MM make up the high percentage of haters do you?

I have the pc version and that game is no where near the 360 version..

it is the same game as last year and people enjoy it because they are use to that engine for the last 7 years or so

I love the 360 version and thats just me... if you like the pc version then more power to you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »