Home

Smart Safety Reading Playart?

This is a discussion on Smart Safety Reading Playart? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #1
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7
Smart Safety Reading Playart?

I'm having a problem reading the offenses with my safety when his light bulb thingy is full. I think that I've been able to read the play art for the offense one time and that was all. The instructions for the 360 are right trigger and left bumper, is there something else I'm missing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Smart Safety Reading Playart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrim
I'm having a problem reading the offenses with my safety when his light bulb thingy is full. I think that I've been able to read the play art for the offense one time and that was all. The instructions for the 360 are right trigger and left bumper, is there something else I'm missing?
I THINK you have to control him also (if you do I apologize),other than that,that's all I can think of.
I also checked the........ huh manual,and it stated the same thing you said,pull "RT" and "LB",I'm not sure what the problem could be.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-23-2007, 10:44 PM   #3
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I THINK you have to control him also (if you do I apologize),other than that,that's all I can think of.
I also checked the........ huh manual,and it stated the same thing you said,pull "RT" and "LB",I'm not sure what the problem could be.
Yes, your correct in that you do have to control the safety which I do anyway. But when I press the Rt and Lb the only playart I can see is my own.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrim
Yes, your correct in that you do have to control the safety which I do anyway. But when I press the Rt and Lb the only playart I can see is my own.
That is strange then......I know this may sound like a "duh" question,but is the light over your player full?
I'm just trying to eliminate the obvious first... (I'm not trying to imply anything)....wasn't is said that your player will only get to do this a couple of times during the game though?

I thought I read something along those lines before the release. I may be way off base though,and for the life of me I can't remember where I read that at...sorry.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 08-23-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
That is strange then......I know this may sound like a "duh" question,but is the light over your player full?
I'm just trying to eliminate the obvious first... (I'm not trying to imply anything)....wasn't is said that your player will only get to do this a couple of times during the game though?

I thought I read something along those lines before the release. I may be way off base though,and for the life of me I can't remember where I read that at...sorry.
My experience/knowledge with the smart weapons is that once you are controlling that player whose has that weapon you then have to click a,b,x, or y or how many options the QB has to get the ball to too see what kind of route they are running. It doesn't just show you the whole entire play. Once you have pressed the combo of the trigger and bumper you then notice a list of button options in the upper right hand corner (where the pre-snap adjustments would be)...There it lists the opposing offensive players and what play/route they are going to run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

when i had bob sanders i just press lb and rt (not even controlling him) and it showed the enitre playart
Old 08-23-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
when i had bob sanders i just press lb and rt (not even controlling him) and it showed the enitre playart
Actually the only time I used the smart weapon now that I think of it was w/ MLB Jeremiah Trotter. I don't know if that makes a difference. Although Brain Dawkins is a Smart Safety the weapon displayed for him was the heavy hitter one, and I never knew when his light bulb was full.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:52 PM   #8
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
My experience/knowledge with the smart weapons is that once you are controlling that player whose has that weapon you then have to click a,b,x, or y or how many options the QB has to get the ball to too see what kind of route they are running. It doesn't just show you the whole entire play. Once you have pressed the combo of the trigger and bumper you then notice a list of button options in the upper right hand corner (where the pre-snap adjustments would be)...There it lists the opposing offensive players and what play/route they are going to run.
Cool deal,thanks for the info.
WOW.....just realized,you have to push all that!! in under the 5 seconds before the cpu snaps the ball? lol.

I think my old *** will stick to the more traditional ways...lol
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »