Home

SIM Stats - Coach Scheme/RB Ratio Solution, please.

This is a discussion on SIM Stats - Coach Scheme/RB Ratio Solution, please. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
SIM Stats - Coach Scheme/RB Ratio Solution, please.

After HOURS of testing of percentages/formulas in all aspects of what the game entails, i've come up with "per team" sliders (attachment - Word document) that will transpire to individual YARDAGE stats that are as close to the real life NFL, as possible.

There are a couple of things you'll need to keep in mind:
  • IN-season injuries will effect stat totals
  • Quarter Length has no bearing what-so-ever
  • This does not effect HUM vs CPU games
  • Backup RB's/FB's Yds - not a concern
  • YPC/Attempts - not a concern
  • 4000 Yd QB's - Legit only
  • 40 TD Pass - Legit only
  • WR Yardage - # of receptions - not a concern
  • Quarter Length has no bearing what-so-ever

The premise was to emulate stat totals regardless of certain aspects, defined by "not a concern" above.

From experience, the "mood" of the simulation will sway stats in some cases, as some of you know. This is why I won't post any relative stats, it's important for you to sim seasons so you can get a feel for what is being accomplished. Also, Overall PF and PA totals could still be wacky in some cases as you could see some "interesting" game score totals.

"Reggie Bush Factor" - Reggie needs to moved to WR #4 on the depth chart. He should get 30-40 rec. He also needs to be moved to the #1 3DRB, and on both the KR and PR depth charts.

Yea, it can be a hassle signing coaches at the end of a season, my suggestion is to re-sign each coach that's doesn't have a current contract at season's end to a 3-5 year contract (Head Coaches will sigh for 5 yrs - Coordinators for 3 yrs)

Enjoy all, I hope this enhances your experience!

WARNING - Your mileage may vary, so feel free to play with sliders if you feel a player(s) aren't getting the correct numbers.

Some aspects to keep-in-mind before starting:
  • When filling Coach positions, you'll notice some GREAT coordinators are available due to the game not recognizing position coaches - feel free to hire those coaches at your discretion
  • During the Off-Season tasks, you can control YOUR team by pressing the 'RB' button, and using the D-Pad, or LS to toggle to YOUR team

Step-by-step Instructions:
  • Control all 32 teams
  • Assign CPU to complete tasks
  • Set Coach sliders (attachment)
  • Play/Sim Preseason
  • Load Draft Class
  • Play/Sim Season/Playoffs/Super Bowl/Pro Bowl
  • Advance to Off-Season
  • Fill *Coach (see below)/Scouting (Franchise Scouts)/Training Staff - Choose highest rated Recovery or Prevention company
  • Off-Season Tasks - You can advance past Retirements
  • Re-sign Players - Re-sign YOUR teams' players FIRST, then advance to Free Agent Signings
  • Free Agent Signings - Write down FA's available rated 85 and OVER - Choose FA's you'd like to sign - IMPORTANT!: Each day, you'll be asked to choose YES or NO to each FA signing for ALL teams, unless it's YOUR team, or a player rated 85 or above to any other team, answer NO - if you don't, the CPU will fill all roster spots with FA's, and this will affect the draft!. After the draft, and before the Preseason, the CPU will fill rosters with the FA's.
  • NFL Draft - Press RB button to make selection for ALL teams until it's YOUR teams' selection. Make YOUR selection, then repeat until draft is over
  • Rookie Signings - Sign YOUR teams' draft picks FIRST, then advance to Depth Chart
  • Depth Chart - Adjust YOUR teams' depth chart FIRST (and Saints for Reggie), then advance to Preseason
  • Adjust Coach Sliders (ALL teams will revert to original sliders) - Look at each teams' RB depth chart, any team that had a two back (40/15 ratio) share the previous season, and now has a 'featured back', adjust to 40/25-35* (see below)
  • Repeat Steps above accordingly

*Coach positions to fill at end of Season 1:

Bears - Toub (ST)
Bengals - Bratkowski (OC)
Bills - April (ST)
Broncos - O'Brien (ST)
Buccaneers - Muir (OC), Kiffin (DC), Bicassa (ST)
Chargers - Crosby (ST)
Raiders - Ryan (DC)
Ravens - Billick (HC)
Redskins - Saunders (OC)
Titans - Fisher (HC)

*RB Ratios

ALL 40 Run/Pass Ratio teams:

40/15 - Shared carries (2 RB backfield)
40/25 - Semi shared (60/40)
40/35 - Featured RB

ALL 50 Run/Pass Ratio teams:

50/15 - Shared carries (2 RB backfield)
50/25 - Semi shared (60/40)
50/35-55 - Featured RB
Attached Files
File Type: doc Sim Stats.doc (27.0 KB, 363 views)

Last edited by Xx 74 xX; 08-26-2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Added Instructions for Off-Season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: SIM Stats Solution

Wow - if what you are saying is true then this could be huge - thanks for the effort!

Few quick ?'s:

1. Is this next gen or Current?
2. Do QB's still throw far too few INTs?
3. You say these do not affect hum v. cpu games, does that mean that even with these sliders moved, it won't affect how the CPU plays if you actually play a game against them?

Thanks again for the effort and thanks for answer the Q's
Old 08-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey5
Wow - if what you are saying is true then this could be huge - thanks for the effort!

Few quick ?'s:

1. Is this next gen or Current?
2. Do QB's still throw far too few INTs?
3. You say these do not affect hum v. cpu games, does that mean that even with these sliders moved, it won't affect how the CPU plays if you actually play a game against them?

Thanks again for the effort and thanks for answer the Q's
1. X360 version
2. It's EA Sports, heh - INT and QB Rating are what they are.
3. Exactly
Old 08-24-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

How did you come up with the RB1/RB2 numbers?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Thanks for the hard work. I will try these setting when I start my franchise next week some time. What do you mean by "not a concern" ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #6
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Thanks for the hard work. I will try these setting when I start my franchise next week some time. What do you mean by "not a concern" ??
For instance..............

Regarding RB2 and FB stats - as long as the starters are getting the correct numbers, it's irrelevant how many yards RB2 and FB's get.

Same goes with YPC, RB ATT, WR REC, as long as the yardage comes out right, it's all good.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsum3
How did you come up with the RB1/RB2 numbers?
Hours upon hours, upon hours of playing with ratios, simulating seasons, and such until the numbers came out right.

As I mentioned, I would suggest simming some seasons, and where it states "not a concern", don't let it concern you.

All that said.........in order to minimize the number of 4000 yd/40 TD QB's, the majority of the teams were given a 60/40 run/pass ratio, based on testing. Seven teams (pass heavyish) were given a 50/50 ratio. Because teams were running the ball more, the amount of carries had to be reduced for the main RB's. However, the teams that were given "pass heavyish" ratios, ran less running plays, so those RB's were adjusted.

The combination allowed for the results I was look for in both offensive aspects.

Last edited by Xx 74 xX; 08-24-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

After Season 1, you'll need to do the same for Season 2 and beyond.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »