Home

I WANT JOHN MADDEN BACK IN THIS GAME!!!

This is a discussion on I WANT JOHN MADDEN BACK IN THIS GAME!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
I WANT JOHN MADDEN BACK IN THIS GAME!!!

has anyone realize since the game has gone next gen, how little involvement John Madden himself has had with this game. each year we would see something on John Madden's involvement in the development of the game, and each year we'd see the actually gameplay improvements, npt just fluffy add features.

it's so obvious the man has had so much to do with the development of this game why is he no longer helping EA out. have they gotten so cocky they nolonger think they need the old man's help? or is it because of this stupid ESPN deal. since then, this game has really taken a NBA Live dive!...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: I WANT JOHN MADDEN BACK IN THIS GAME!!!

alot were screaming to get rid of him...now that they did...we want him back! Its hilarious!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
MVP

don't put me into that group. i've never been bother by Madden being INVOLVED in the game...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 08-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm sure he still has influence. He isn't announcing in it becasue of the ESPN deal, I would suspect, but he is still involved. I doubt he would put his name on something that he didn't have input on. And I would say this year, more than any year since probably Madden 2005, they concentrated on gameplay. The new feature isn't really that prevelant, and it can be turned off, so it isn't important at all. The focus this year was obviously on gameplay, not fluffy features.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I'd like to see Madden in some in-game tutorials and stuff and now that they have the exclusive NFL license, it'd be awesome if you could unlock him telling some great old time stories or something.

On a side note, I'd KILL to have Madden and Summerall back in the commentary booth after having to put up with this radio guy!

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I'm sure he still has influence. He isn't announcing in it becasue of the ESPN deal, I would suspect, but he is still involved. I doubt he would put his name on something that he didn't have input on. And I would say this year, more than any year since probably Madden 2005, they concentrated on gameplay. The new feature isn't really that prevelant, and it can be turned off, so it isn't important at all. The focus this year was obviously on gameplay, not fluffy features.
yeeeah, maybe. still they should show him working with the game. that use to be one of their sales. remember how they had a n interview with him and he talked about how his son ran up ove 100 pts with the same play, and how pissed he was about that. that's how we knew 05 was going to be good...

Last edited by Whaaaazuuuuup; 08-24-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #7
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

That's a marketing thing - they sold well without it.

I think EA is trying to get the younger audience, and they really don't care much about John Madden. Most of them probably don't even realize he was a coach. They know him because his name is on the game. So using John probably would be a great marketing strategy, unlike a few years ago, when he moved to MNF and was on ESPN all the time, etc.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

his HOF induction speech is in there, and there is a decent 30 minute preview of an nfl films dvd, where he is a big part and speaks for at least 10 minutes about his time as head coach of the raiders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »