Home

**The OFFICIAL Madden 08 Fumbles/Interceptions Thread**

This is a discussion on **The OFFICIAL Madden 08 Fumbles/Interceptions Thread** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #25
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: fumbles - a view from both sides (360)

Here's the problem I have with this overall. Who in the hell are the testers for EA, and how did this problem get past them? I had a game last night where Benson fumbled 3 times and Tomlimson fumbled twice-all of this in the first quarter. Now how realistic is that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Here's the problem I have with this overall. Who in the hell are the testers for EA, and how did this problem get past them? I had a game last night where Benson fumbled 3 times and Tomlimson fumbled twice-all of this in the first quarter. Now how realistic is that?
It isn't realistic at all and it's obvious there is a problem.. same thing with the CPU QB throwing interceptions at an alarming rate.

Some people are just looking for ways to justify the problems this game has. Some people can deal with it, some can't.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #27
MVP

drae2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
It isn't realistic at all and it's obvious there is a problem.. same thing with the CPU QB throwing interceptions at an alarming rate.

Some people are just looking for ways to justify the problems this game has. Some people can deal with it, some can't.
Well I guess I'm one of the ones that can't, and it's really messed up because those 2 issues are making me not want to play the game.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
COSIGN
I as well. I think it makes for a much more realistic style of play. It's no long a juke in traffic Gameday 98 experience(although my rbs in Gameday 98 always tore a hamstring because i juked them to death).
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-22-2007, 08:55 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, I also agree w/ the poster my fumbles have reduce greatly since using the cover up button before hitting the hole. I figured this out after 2days of playing the game you have to cover the ball weay before you hit the hole and hold on to it while in the thick of things. I do not fumble offline or online much. Maybe once a game n the most twice n that is it. Use that cover up button before getting fancy with the rock n you will be okay. This game is really not a bad game but a lot of ppl are really making it out to be when it is not. It really is a chess match type of game to me. Especailly playing ppll from this site.

Int are another story. Every things works to perfection if you mix your plays up right. This is the only Madden gamme I have ever liked but ppl are ruining it. It has not even been a month yet and to some the game is horrible when that is far from the truth.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #30
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

Well i rented the game yesterday (Would of brought it but i want Blue Dragon more and i have Madden 06 and Madden 07 both for 360) And i'm a in love with this game. Its such a big step from 07, i mean its not radically changing the game but it is a major improvement over the previous next generation titles. If i had the chance to trade in 2-3 of my games (Madden 07 included) i would pick this baby up. However i tried that and would olny get $35 for Crackdown+Viva Pinata+Madden 07 which is horrible

On topic: I'm not having a problem with Fumbles, i think i've had 3 fumbles in 5 games, its the interceptions on the other hand. I'm playing on All Pro and yet its like i end up throwing 3 interceptions and end up getting 5 interceptions myslef. Thats horrible. Is there anyway to fix this? I mean is it a slider? Cause averaging 3int a game is horrible. Most the interceptions come fromt he linebacker jumping 5ft in the air and intercepting a ball
Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #31
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by obviousman03
i know fumbles have been a huge problem, and i've seen this written a bunch of times already, but i thought i'd throw my hat into the discussion as well.

it got to the point where i could no longer play the game (i lost to the packers using the chargers after fumbling about 5 different times and losing all 5). i finally decided to take the advice of some of the people on this forum and change my entire running philosophy to "hold down the cover-up button unless i'm absolutely sure i'm in the clear". not only has this helped a ton with the fumbles on my end (i've had two fumbles in the five games since, once with a WR when i wasn't holding the cover-up button and once with Lorenzo Neal), but this has also drastically reduced the number of fumbles i get from the CPU as well.

the only time i saw more than 1 fumble by my opposition since is when i was facing Ahman Green (notorious fumbler). also, holding the cover up button seems to help my running overall. it slows me down just enough to allow my blockers to open lanes, and using it along with the speed burst button seems just as strong as the truck stick (which I almost never use as well).

with how perfectly the game is working for me now, it almost seems like it's not a bug but rather a philosophical change on EA's part. if you think about it, when RB's are running up the gut in the NFL they are always covering the ball up. they only get away from that once they've broken through the first level of defenders so that they can juke and get some more speed. the game works the exact same way. it adds the variable question of "when is it okay to let off the cover-up button?", rather than a running game that equates to "find hole, run towards it". personally, since i've gotten myself used to this, i greatly prefer it, think it's more realistic and hope that there is no patch coming for the fumbles.
You are absolutely correct..i used to use the sprint button like a free hooker..and i was about 1 game away from not playing it anymore...then i read a couple of things on the forum about covering the ball..and only use the speed burst out in the open....and ronnie brown didnt fumble one time vs. the redskins...67 yards rushing on 23 attempts not great..but thats miami's line (another topic)...BUT the past couple of games i played he fumbled 2 times on back to back possessions and it was frustrating the hell out of me..so i layed off the speed burst button and covered up that ball like it was a new born

and ps..EA should take a book out of 2k7 baseball NO SPEED BURST on RUNNERS!!!..let the attributes do the talking
CFB: Oregon Ducks '10

I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN
--------------------------------------------------
Twitter: Rileyfcol
PSN: Doc_Hollladay
Instagram:7_wolfe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 02:00 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

Most NFL halfbacks can secure the ball well in one arm and run through traffic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »