Home

Spectacular catch?

This is a discussion on Spectacular catch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Spectacular catch?

I know im not the only one who has a hard time doing this. Can someone who does it often plz explain how to do it. I have watched the tutorial. Ive heard several things such as tap it as the ball comes or hold y then let go. How do you do it already? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Spectacular catch?

bump
Old 08-26-2007, 02:43 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

just tap the catch button when you're in control of the receiver...gotta be on time tho i think
Old 08-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
I know im not the only one who has a hard time doing this. Can someone who does it often plz explain how to do it. I have watched the tutorial. Ive heard several things such as tap it as the ball comes or hold y then let go. How do you do it already? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
go into practice mode, without the defense, this is the best way to work on it. remember, you have to have a WR with the high rating. tap Y for spectacular catch, hold Y fold possesion catch...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 08-26-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I find Spectacular Catches work best on deep passes against single coverage downfield. Immediately after passing, click the 'B' button to switch to the receiver - but don't move him in any way with the joystick - then tap the 'Y' button just as the ball is arriving.

I make these fairly often with Chris Chambers.

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree with Hostile .. I have the best luck throwing to Braylon Edwards when he's 1 on 1. Right before the ball gets to him, I hit B to switch then Y to try and catch it. Usually he either goes up over the DB, or one-hands it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »