Home

Madden online challenge glitch

This is a discussion on Madden online challenge glitch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 AM   #1
Rookie

mikeyaris's Arena

OVR: 3
Madden online challenge glitch

Ok guys,

I apologize in advance if this is in the glitches thread. It's 3am and I don't have time to search through it. Anyhow, I'm playing this guy americanchan on live. He's the Titans and using the New Vick like the Old Vick. Scrambling every play. Either run,run, run, or run, run, run, pass at the last minute. No big deal. Game is 14-14. He goes up 21-14. I'm driving on the 5. I'm the Jets. Thomas Jones runs the ball up the middle and is clearly down and the ball comes out. I'm thinking, no biggie, I'll just challenge that and get it reversed. Well this cat knew all the tricks of the trade already. Since they gave him the ball, he quickly called a time out, in essence negating my ability to challenge the play. I was furious. This is something I hope EA is aware of. This is a game killer for anyone looking for random online games. Yeah I know, don't play random people. That's not the point. The guy just told me to practice more. I'm thinking, next time why don't I just enter the contra code. Sad that people take winning that serious. Has anybody else noticed this glitch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Madden online challenge glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyaris
Ok guys,

I apologize in advance if this is in the glitches thread. It's 3am and I don't have time to search through it. Anyhow, I'm playing this guy americanchan on live. He's the Titans and using the New Vick like the Old Vick. Scrambling every play. Either run,run, run, or run, run, run, pass at the last minute. No big deal. Game is 14-14. He goes up 21-14. I'm driving on the 5. I'm the Jets. Thomas Jones runs the ball up the middle and is clearly down and the ball comes out. I'm thinking, no biggie, I'll just challenge that and get it reversed. Well this cat knew all the tricks of the trade already. Since they gave him the ball, he quickly called a time out, in essence negating my ability to challenge the play. I was furious. This is something I hope EA is aware of. This is a game killer for anyone looking for random online games. Yeah I know, don't play random people. That's not the point. The guy just told me to practice more. I'm thinking, next time why don't I just enter the contra code. Sad that people take winning that serious. Has anybody else noticed this glitch?
It hasn't happened to me yet and I hope EA fixes it. But like you said yourself, random people are not necessarily going to play in a sim style or play fairly.

The fact that he told you to practice more is really bogus. But if you want to play random and the guy you are playing picks the Falcons, you should pick the Titans just in case he decides to do nothing but scramble. That way you can do the same with Vince Young.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
Rookie

mikeyaris's Arena

OVR: 3

I can really care less about the play style. I was in the game and feel that I can compete with pretty much anything. May not win them all, but I can compete. By doing what he did, he took away my ability to compete on an even playing field.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

The glitches/bugs thread is there for a reason. Don't make your own threads when you have new ones to report. Just use the already existing one.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »