Home

Equipment Glitch?

This is a discussion on Equipment Glitch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8
Equipment Glitch?

This is a big problem does anyone know if EA will fix it with there patch? For those that don't know what I'm talking about if you edit any players Equipment it adds 1 - 2 years to there age. And it will no longer say what round they were drafted in it will says Undrafted. And under acquired it will say Free Agent. It's a big deal cause you can't edit jersey number or edit his equipment. I drafted McFadden #1 and I edited his jersey from 49 to 25 and it made him 26 years old and he came out a 24.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Equipment Glitch?

It also changes their contract if you edit a player in Franchise mode. Luckily I found this out in week 1 of the 1st pre-season so I just restarted. I had signed 3 free agents when I first started and I changed the equipment on 2 of them. Originally one of them was signed to a 7 year deal and the other to a 5 year deal. After editing their equipment they both had 3 year deals. Oh well, we got editing back, but can't use it. Maybe next year.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

Just goes to show you can't eat both the cake and pie.

Wait...does that make any sense?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamemaster-2005
This is a big problem does anyone know if EA will fix it with there patch? For those that don't know what I'm talking about if you edit any players Equipment it adds 1 - 2 years to there age. And it will no longer say what round they were drafted in it will says Undrafted. And under acquired it will say Free Agent. It's a big deal cause you can't edit jersey number or edit his equipment. I drafted McFadden #1 and I edited his jersey from 49 to 25 and it made him 26 years old and he came out a 24.
Again that is incorrect but the rest is correct. Manning will still be 31, Trent Green will be 37.

Last edited by Briman123; 08-28-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #5
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briman123
Again that is incorrect but the rest is correct. Manning will still be 31, Trent Green will be 37.
no sr you are wrong if you edit there equipment in FRANCHISE mode it will add years to there age.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Some players it will add to their age and others it will not. If you want to change anything it's best to save before hand so you can load the old file if there is a glitch.
R.I.P. #21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »