Home

Madden is still fun

This is a discussion on Madden is still fun within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2007, 01:07 AM   #9
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden is still fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
From my experience the major issues with this game like the turnover bug can be dealt with by doing a few simple things. Use the cover up button. Dont run like you are running like a crazy person into a huge pile. Take care of the ball. And play on All madden. The problem is I think people think too much and they drive themselves nuts and ruin the fun, when it's just common sense.
This is all fine and good,but.......the majority of the complaints are from cpu ints,and THIS....is an issue that can't be simply dealt with.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-29-2007, 01:11 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
This is all fine and good,but.......the majority of the complaints are from cpu ints,and THIS....is an issue that can't be simply dealt with.
Sorry I was editing that post. If you play on all madden the cpu wont turn the ball over as much. I know its still a problem but it is toned down if you play on all madden.

Last edited by Walker8; 08-29-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:16 AM   #11
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I want to like this year's Madden, but the franchise glitches kills the enjoyment for me. The INT X 2 bug, even sillier stat glitches, and the limited feature set of the franchise mode is a downer. I can stomach the stat sim bugs, but the INT X 2 bug is something that's dumb considering how player progression this year is based on how your stats compare to the rest of the league.

I played the PS2 version today on my PS3 and boy did I have fun with it...is it pretty?? Heck no, but at least I can enjoy my franchise mode and have fun with it like I always do year after year.

You're right - I don't want to overthink and overanalyze the game to death and that's why the PS2 version does it for me - I just play my franchise and enjoy the game for what it is...something I just couldn't do with the 360 version...unfortunately this year although they really did get the gameplay better this time around
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 01:17 AM   #12
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
Sorry I was editing that post. If you play on all madden the cpu wont turn the ball over as much. I know its still problem but it is toned down a lot if you play on all madden.
Ooops my bad lol. I have tried all-madden as well,using njpapi's sliders.
The problem I had with those were,if I didn't get a pic,then the cpu was completing EVERYTHING.
I was unable to find that "happy medium",which to be honest.....I really don't think there is one. It seems it's all or nothing.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
You're right - I don't want to overthink and overanalyze the game to death and that's why the PS2 version does it for me - I just play my franchise and enjoy the game for what it is...something I just couldn't do with the 360 version...unfortunately this year although they really did get the gameplay better this time around
SEe that's smart. There are other options. If you enjoy APF then play that. That's also smart. I'm kind of in the minority where I dont really get bothered by some of the small details with this years Madden. I also like the graphics and animations and stuff so I'd rather have that then play it on ps2. So to each their own. The thing is it's just kind of silly for people to try to fix these things. I understand that and it's fine, but the best message to send ea is just to play the game or dont. If people just start playing something else they will get the message. These companies want people to like their game. I used to fuss with computer games all the time and there were always glitches and I got a console for that reason. I rarely play pc games anymore unless it's a really good game.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:29 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Ooops my bad lol. I have tried all-madden as well,using njpapi's sliders.
The problem I had with those were,if I didn't get a pic,then the cpu was completing EVERYTHING.
I was unable to find that "happy medium",which to be honest.....I really don't think there is one. It seems it's all or nothing.
I know what you mean. All MAdden was that way for me at first. Heisman was that way for me as well in NCAA at first. I'm telling you man. Just play the game. I think your problem is, and I don't mean this in a bad way, just trying to help, is you don't spend enough time with it, and you end up tinkering. The more I just played All Madden, the more I figured out the little things about it and got a better feel for it. I can get a better rush. I can anticipate things better and the cpu does not complete passes like crazy like they were. I'm not saying it's perfect either. It has issues. It's madden. But I'm telling you you will reduce a lot of things that bother you about the game if you just play it, or don't if you aren't having fun with it. The thing is people play at different levels. For soem people playing all pro might work for them and they dont see the turnovers by the cpu. If you are seeing too many turnovers by the cpu on all pro, go to all madden and just get better in the areas that you need to. Another thing I hated when I first started playing all madden was there are a ton of huge hits by the cpu. you run into guys and get leveled. But the more you play the more you will learn how to angle yourself so you don't get leveled like that.

Last edited by Walker8; 08-29-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:33 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 24

I am enjoying it and I am not having any TO problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 02:53 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

is anyone playing it on PS3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »