Home

Which best describes you?

This is a discussion on Which best describes you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which of the following best describes you:
Bought Madden the first day-I truely enjoy the game 36 18.00%
Bought Madden the first day-I like the game, but thought it could be better 66 33.00%
Bought the game the first day-I'm dissapointed in the game 26 13.00%
Bought Madden within the first 5 days-I truely enjoy the game 10 5.00%
Bought Madden within the first 5 days-I like the game, but thought it could be better 16 8.00%
Bought Madden within the first 5 days-I'm dissapointed in the game 5 2.50%
Bought Madden after the first 5 day-I truely enjoy the game 4 2.00%
Bought Madden after the first 5 days-I like the game, but thought it could be better 6 3.00%
Bought Madden after the first 5 days-I'm dissapointed in the game 10 5.00%
I sitll am waiting to make a decision on the game or will not buy the game. 21 10.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #17
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Which best describes you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey
okay let me add more

poor CPU QB AI, CPU dont challenge, and if there's no TO problem with fatigue off, then we still have a problem...no fatigue!

they said there were 3-4 player gang tackles...i've only seen 2 player gang tackles (not including the ball carrier)

franchise glitches, editing glitches

and im not sure if it's me but, sometimes on runs or something, blockers sometimes will not turn the right way and not be able to block the players on defense

no CB matchups, no manual subs(excluding formation packages), no formation audibles, no facemasks
Ok with all that being said...what are you going to do next year when Madden 09 comes out? Are you going to buy it within the first few days again?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #18
SC**NC*!

DrStrangepork's Arena

OVR: 5

Rented the game thought it was alright, not enough of a difference from NCAA to make it worth my purchase. Too many other good games out to take away time from my friends and family.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #19
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Trevytrev, I've always disagreed with the general sentiment that EA has no incentive to put much effort into developing Madden...I've always been of the opinion that EA puts forth their best effort every year, and that the game falls short due to Tiburons/EAs lack of talent; not lack of effort (in my opinion).

So even though I traded in Next-gen Madden for it's last-gen counter-part, I will be in-line at midnight to pick-up '09 for my 360 because I truely believe that the EA devs are busting their butts to make Madden the best it can be, and they're bound to "figure it out" one of these years...

And no, I don't feel like a "sucker" for buying '07 and '08 only to be dissappointed and trade them in for the PS2 versions...It's Madden, a series that I've enjoyed so much that I've played it year-round for 15 years, EA has given me so much entertainment for so long that I'm willing to overlook a couple of down years on new hardware...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 08-29-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:43 PM   #20
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
and they're bound to "figure it out" one of these years...
So....let me ask you this then.
Based on your above quote,how does it feel to be a "yearly Guinna pig"?
Because that's EXACTLY how I feel this year.

For the record,I voted for option 3.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's ok but, to be honest I'm sick of mediocrity. It'll be about 2010 before we see a decent football game really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Ok with all that being said...what are you going to do next year when Madden 09 comes out? Are you going to buy it within the first few days again?
Yes I am sure I will buy 09.

I actually do like the game. I am glad that EA fixed some of the missing features that I missed in last years edition, i.e. editing players, gameplay issues, etc. My issue with the game is I am not good enough yet. The fumbles are getting old, but a lot of times my turnovers are simply my own fault.

The Great Walter Payton-
“I want to be remembered as the guy who gave his all whenever he was on the field.”

Patrick Kane is forever a hero for finally bring the cup back to Chicago!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
im probably going to wait a week after it comes out and see what this forum says...the reason i got madden 08 so early was because i was craving for some nfl football
Old 08-30-2007, 01:07 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 14

I always wait at least one week before buying either NCAA or Madden. I like to check out the forum feedback first, maybe even rent once. This year I won't bother picking up Madden, just sounds like too many issues. I'm only moderately happy with NCAA (360), so next year it will first be a rental ... if it hasn't changed much I'll just skip a year of football gaming ... just aren't as much FUN as they used to be imo.

Absolutely amazes me that they can't even figure out how to transfer the stuff that's already in current gen games into the next gen games BEFORE they release it! Pathetic performance on EA's part if you ask me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »