Home

I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues......

This is a discussion on I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Doesn't this kind of go against the title of your thread? I mean the titles states that you don't believe there are any issues with fumbles or INT's, but then you go point out issues with the CPU throwing too many INT's and you having no control over recovering fumbles.
Not to mention not being able to use certain buttons in fear that it will make you fumble...Don't running backs sprint through the line to get through that 1st line of defense? Everyone preaching the "I have no problem w/ TO's bit" want's to give EA way too much credit by trying to say that they made it realistic this yr, and that you really have to watch the way you play...like covering the ball up all the time.

I don't remember hearing any gameplay info prior to release on how they were making everything "realistic". If you ask me it's due to there IN-ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Why else would we have no CPU challenges, the interception times 2 glitch, and all other of these reported issues.

Oh yea...I still see players run right through each other from time to time...And sometimes when you score a TD your player will walk right through the stands....

Oh but EA really improved everything didn't they?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Squint, 9 combined turnovers......that is what I saw, in my first franchise game with San Diego. That isn't "sim" that is screwed up. If anything, THAT is arcadish. Sorry, just have to disagree, the degree of turnovers we are seeing with the game this year is far from "sim".
I hear what you are saying but I find it odd that some people are having a crazy number of fumbles and others (like myself now) aren't at all.

It was so hard for me to lay off of the turbo button and cover up the ball when in a crowd but I have to say when I do that there just isn't the turn overs.

I use the Steelers on All Pro but I doubt that means anything.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #11
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Let me just throw this out there:

Could it be that we are so used to a Madden game that plays "arcadish" that we aren't accustomed to a game that plays more sim-like in terms of fatigue and use of the highlight stick?

The most fumbles I've seen by any one player (CPU or human) is two and that was just the last game I played. I only use cover up or truck stick when going into a crowd. Spin, stiff-arm, or speed burst when out in the open and juke when out in the open or behind the line to "jump" towards a hole.

I've also noticed that the CPU game tends to mirror the human game a lot (i.e. when a human player has a lot of turnovers than the CPU tends to as well).

People scream for a more sim-like Madden and when it starts to migrate towards that then people scream that it's buggy?
Squint I am starting to believe the same. I am used to being able to do what ever I want with the stick and jukes and spins with no real negatives. This year I am starting to believe they took this route to go more realism, I noticed the same that protecting the rock is a key element.

I was in the bandwagon of OMG all these people talking about USE THE COVER UP BUTTON. I thought it was just fanboy talk. Well I still don't use it that often, what I have done is not try to JUKE everyone on the field, or spin everyone out of their shoes. I think you pay for that kind of play. When I start a play if I have one on one with someone BUT someone coming over them and could lay a big hit, now I find myself getting to the sidelines more, OR cover up and take the HIT, you still break tackles and which could leave to big gains.

Fatigue and old way of running I think is major cause
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Not to mention not being able to use certain buttons in fear that it will make you fumble...Don't running backs sprint through the line to get through that 1st line of defense? Everyone preaching the "I have no problem w/ TO's bit" want's to give EA way too much credit by trying to say that they made it realistic this yr, and that you really have to watch the way you play...like covering the ball up all the time.

I don't remember hearing any gameplay info prior to release on how they were making everything "realistic". If you ask me it's due to there IN-ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Why else would we have no CPU challenges, the interception times 2 glitch, and all other of these reported issues.

Oh yea...I still see players run right through each other from time to time...And sometimes when you score a TD your player will walk right through the stands....

Oh but EA really improved everything didn't they?

I agree with most of what you said and this thread wasn't about those other issues. No a player doesn't run full speed ahead when trying to bust through a crowded line. Yes, he does hit a HOLE fast but not if it's not there. You have to protect the ball in those situations.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #13
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I hear what you are saying but I find it odd that some people are having a crazy number of fumbles and others (like myself now) aren't at all.

It was so hard for me to lay off of the turbo button and cover up the ball when in a crowd but I have to say when I do that there just isn't the turn overs.

I use the Steelers on All Pro but I doubt that means anything.
I respect what you are saying, and I concur, lots of people aren't have crazy amounts of turnovers, but I know "how to play the game". I'm a veteran player, and I have an inordinant amount of turnovers, just like a lot of other veteran guys do, and when I see some positively ridculous stuff, then hear other guys saying they see the same thing, it leads me to believe there is a problem in the game.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #14
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Squint, 9 combined turnovers......that is what I saw, in my first franchise game with San Diego. That isn't "sim" that is screwed up. If anything, THAT is arcadish. Sorry, just have to disagree, the degree of turnovers we are seeing with the game this year is far from "sim".
You obviously missed the entire point of my post.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #15
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

I think the problem is not the amount of fumbles BUT how they happen, they happen in a unrealistic manner that puts people in the "IT IS A BUG".

Like the Running back fumbles But offese recovers. Next play the QB throws a pick corner back takes off and gets hit and fumbles and offense then recovers. THIS is the type of stuff throwing people off.

Ohhh and a running back DOES NOT hit a hole full sprint. You have to let the play form. They hit the holes fast BUT there is a major difference from how they hit a hole and how they run once they hit open field.

I am in no way a madden fan boy. I have always HATED maddens gameplay. I am a true 2k fanboy if anything. I have not bought madden since 05. BUT I have to say that this years madden is really good.

The running is MUCH improved, still some skating. The fumble issue I feel is from people trying to run the old way. JUKE JUKE SPIN SHOULDER CHARGE JUKE SPRINT SPRINT GOOONEEE.

Now I feel it should be more limited BUT that is just me hoping for some realism in madden LOL

My last games I admit have been AMAZING though so. I am more worried they will go overboard with a patch and we see NO fumbles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Man, I'm drinking alot of beer this labor day weekend, What about you guys???
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »