Home

I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues......

This is a discussion on I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #25
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Hey CowherPower my thread title was meant to get your attention (I believe I did that).
Well....it definitely got my attention......mission complete:y4:
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues......

people who say there isn't a turnover problem are just fooling themselves.... that doesn't mean the game isn't good because I still enjoy it, but NCAA and Madden have a problem..... and everyone is trying to preach that you need to learn the game but the main problem is the CPU...... in one game I returned 4 int back for a touchdown, in 1 quarter!!!! Do I need to learn to dumb down my defense or something? I play on all-pro, might need to bump up to all-madden, but there is a problem whether people like to admit it or not..... if you need to change the way you play (not using turbo, juke, etc. that was PUT in the game... or turning off fatigue), that means there IS a problem.....
My main problem w/ myself throwing INT's is the super defense. I have a man wide open but the defender jumps like 10 feet across to INT my pass....
Old 08-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #27
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenyoungchoi
people who say there isn't a turnover problem are just fooling themselves.... that doesn't mean the game isn't good because I still enjoy it, but NCAA and Madden have a problem..... and everyone is trying to preach that you need to learn the game but the main problem is the CPU...... in one game I returned 4 int back for a touchdown, in 1 quarter!!!! Do I need to learn to dumb down my defense or something? I play on all-pro, might need to bump up to all-madden, but there is a problem whether people like to admit it or not..... if you need to change the way you play (not using turbo, juke, etc. that was PUT in the game... or turning off fatigue), that means there IS a problem.....
My main problem w/ myself throwing INT's is the super defense. I have a man wide open but the defender jumps like 10 feet across to INT my pass....

1) CPU INTS I truly don't have that problem.
2) Human INTS, I play All-Pro default and see no issue with super defenders
3) Cpu fumbles - In realm of realism, 1 or 2 a game
4) Human fumbles - was a problem with fatigue on. Now that is is off same as cpu fumbles. 1 or 2 a game.

Now I DO think there is something wrong. I think we ALL know that BUT until a patch comes out this is what I found will make the game at least playable for me.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #28
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I agree with most of what you said and this thread wasn't about those other issues. No a player doesn't run full speed ahead when trying to bust through a crowded line. Yes, he does hit a HOLE fast but not if it's not there. You have to protect the ball in those situations.
You do know that its possible to run fast AND protect the ball at the same time right? Just ask Tiki Barber.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
1) CPU INTS I truly don't have that problem.
2) Human INTS, I play All-Pro default and see no issue with super defenders
3) Cpu fumbles - In realm of realism, 1 or 2 a game
4) Human fumbles - was a problem with fatigue on. Now that is is off same as cpu fumbles. 1 or 2 a game.

Now I DO think there is something wrong. I think we ALL know that BUT until a patch comes out this is what I found will make the game at least playable for me.
I'm sure some people do not have the problems but in my experience and also reading others this does seem to be a major problem for many. I'm just replying to the people who think that there isn't a problem and that the majority is crazy.....
Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #30
Banned

lol @ people trying there hardest to act like there isnt issues.

If you arent using the speed button, then theres an issue. Who the hell goes half speed in football? When a RB finds a hole, he burst thru it..not runs all slow covering the ball. Sure you gotta cover the ball when getting hit, but not for the whole play. You gonna get like 2 yds a carry that way.

The game is flawed, stop trying to fix it.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:02 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
I think the problem is not the amount of fumbles BUT how they happen, they happen in a unrealistic manner that puts people in the "IT IS A BUG".

Like the Running back fumbles But offese recovers. Next play the QB throws a pick corner back takes off and gets hit and fumbles and offense then recovers. THIS is the type of stuff throwing people off.

Ohhh and a running back DOES NOT hit a hole full sprint. You have to let the play form. They hit the holes fast BUT there is a major difference from how they hit a hole and how they run once they hit open field.

I am in no way a madden fan boy. I have always HATED maddens gameplay. I am a true 2k fanboy if anything. I have not bought madden since 05. BUT I have to say that this years madden is really good.

The running is MUCH improved, still some skating. The fumble issue I feel is from people trying to run the old way. JUKE JUKE SPIN SHOULDER CHARGE JUKE SPRINT SPRINT GOOONEEE.

Now I feel it should be more limited BUT that is just me hoping for some realism in madden LOL

My last games I admit have been AMAZING though so. I am more worried they will go overboard with a patch and we see NO fumbles

1. when a team runs a hb sprint im sure he sprints through the hole. draw plays...normal for the hb to sprint once he has the ball...
2. come on with this nonsense. not everyone plays like that. i'm tired of people generalizing like that. like a previous poster said, many of us have been playing madden forever. does that mean that over the years our playing style has been automatically arcadey? most of us know how to play football. you guys who keep saying, "you just gotta stop trying to play arcadey," have probably seen the playing style of less than 1% of the posters who have these issues. so how the heck do you know what people are doing wrong, or if they are doing anything wrong? stop being so arrogant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #32
Banned

the TO issue has been confirmed. I know you're desperate for NFL Football, but, just deal with it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »