Home

Uniform Errors

This is a discussion on Uniform Errors within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2007, 10:22 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Uniform Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88

example 2

reference number Hello ea there is another problem with this ga...

Discussion Thread
Response (EA Tech John D.)08/28/2007 03:16 PM
Hello,

This case has been escalated to me in the hopes that I may assist you in a better manner. I understand that you are having trouble with Madden NFL 2008. I tried emulating the scenario you played out for us and I wasn't able to. I dug deeper and found that this is actually a concern that the EA Sports Online team is aware of. I was able to find similar material on our forums (like what you pointed out) and it turns out this is how our developers got a hold of the concern in the first place. Now, I won't be able to plot a time table on when the team will be releasing a fix or workaround. All I know is that this is an agenda being worked on that it should be resolved at the soonest possible time. I'll gladly update you as soon as I get word. I would suggest that you use the forums (forums.ea.com) as any updates will first land there.

Should you require further assistance with any other concern, please visit support.ea.com.
Thank you,
John D.
EA Technical Support

Customer08/26/2007 06:58 AM
reference number

Hello ea there is another problem with this game and yet another gitch, it' the glitch of the wierd player model with a silver afro and it pops up on certain coaches and players from time to time. there is still an error with the unis moonwalking games freezing and whatelese that is to come..example is from the maddenmania boards where one poster said that when he went to edit a player "the face he has white face with a weird long hair and it looks creepy" these are one of many complaitns that I have sent ea over a course of 2 weeks as much as i like madden 08, it has cost me great disapointment to play a game that can be filled with as many errors and glitches that has been done. this picture is not mine but i will send it as an example.

Send Email Type

Simplified (My Stuff Reply / No Threads)

File Attachments

silvercoach4.jpg
haha that email they sent you is some bull****. Looks like its just some generic email they said when people complain. Reread it gives no specifics to your problem or any problem really. Props for recognizing my dolphins white/white away unis though, and good luck on getting this resolved.

Dan Marino
Shannon Sharpe

Lem Barney
Elvin Bethea
Joey Browner

Clyde Simmons
Pete Metzelaars
Eugene Robinson
Terry McDaniel
Rob Moore
Alvin Harper
Old 08-31-2007, 10:23 PM   #74
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
the bolts are the Chargers Jerseys are upside down...good job EA
In fairness the folks at EA aren't the only ones to make this mistake, as anyone who has seen the recent Nike LT commercials can attest:

Quote:
Charge It: The story behind this commercial and its inconsistent lightning bolt designs (compare this view of LaDanian Tomlinson, in which the upper-front point of his shoulder bolt is pointing forward, to this one, in which it’s pointing backward) continues to evolve. Last week I posted a note from Steve Due of AIS Uniforms — the company that made the unis — which didn’t fully explain the inconsistencies. Now I’ve received a dispatch from Due’s AIS colleague Bob Halfacre (who, as elephant-memoried readers may recall, had some very strong opinions a while back on the subject of nameplate initials), which I think finally closes the book on this story:
We made the bulk of the uniforms in a week with no help with patterns from the NFL. All we had was a replica-style jersey from Reebok. So the jersey itself isn’t perfect. … When the commercial was filmed, the Chargers sent Antonio Gates, Philip Rivers, and LaDanian Tomlinson with their actual tailored game jerseys. The shots of those three players are a mix of footage of those players in their actual uniforms along with footage of actors in the jerseys made by AIS, edited into what looks like continuous football action. I noticed the problem when I saw the commercial the first time also.

This shot is actually LT in his real jersey. Now that I have studied it a little more, I can see the problem. We put the bolts on backwards. If you look, the actual pictures of Gates and Tomlinson have the bolt with the first jag inside low and outside high. The AIS jerseys have the bolts the other way.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #75
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

lol I did what i could do man, it's up to others in the mean while ill just play on the old apf 2k8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #76
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
In fairness the folks at EA aren't the only ones to make this mistake, as anyone who has seen the recent Nike LT commercials can attest:
That is true but if you look at those pictures i made, there are SOCKS MISSING. thats no excuse for ea. nike is nike they dont have the exclusive like EA does. It's the same thing I was about to ask them..How can you release a product like that? and then wonder why it gets dogged? i mean the pics are worth a thousand words. Even if it is just uniforms and it's little..but if you over look the little stuff then how can you take care of the big stuff. which explains missing free agents for franchise, silver afro coaches with wierd white creepy skin. moonwalking glitch.. actions speak louder than words..
Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #77
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by x south x
haha that email they sent you is some bull****. Looks like its just some generic email they said when people complain. Reread it gives no specifics to your problem or any problem really. Props for recognizing my dolphins white/white away unis though, and good luck on getting this resolved.
this one is more personal,

esponse (GM Talos) 08/30/2007 07:17 PM
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Thank you for providing a comprehensive list of details that may be wrong with the team uniforms that are depicted in Madden 08 for the Xbox 360. I realize that these details are important to you and I will forward your report to the Madden team to review. I can only forward this information on and I cannot guarantee that these errors will be addressed by the Madden team. However, I will make them aware that there are a group of players that want to see these changes made.

Again, thank you for your attention to details and taking the time to write in about this issue.

Sincerely,

EA Rep Talos
Game Support
Electronic Arts

Old 08-31-2007, 10:52 PM   #78
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by x south x
But hey even if it is bull, at least i did my part as a customer. I address the issue and did everything so if it falls through, hey i'm not gonna lose sleep over it..my job is done with that it's up to others.Hey no prob on the white on white.. i'm a uniform buff and admire throwbacks thats why it's a pet peeve when clowns like the EA development crew messes up. thats why I got apf 2k8 cause my unis have to be good and accurate to the T. thats just who i am i care for the details. something that EA needs.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:00 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
But hey even if it is bull, at least i did my part as a customer. I address the issue and did everything so if it falls through, hey i'm not gonna lose sleep over it..my job is done with that it's up to others.Hey no prob on the white on white.. i'm a uniform buff and admire throwbacks thats why it's a pet peeve when clowns like the EA development crew messes up. thats why I got apf 2k8 cause my unis have to be good and accurate to the T. thats just who i am i care for the details. something that EA needs.
i wasn't trying to criticize you I respect what you doin, and even though some people are giving you **** this really helps all Madden players. So good luck and don't give up.

Dan Marino
Shannon Sharpe

Lem Barney
Elvin Bethea
Joey Browner

Clyde Simmons
Pete Metzelaars
Eugene Robinson
Terry McDaniel
Rob Moore
Alvin Harper
Old 08-31-2007, 11:04 PM   #80
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

oh yeah one last thing? I hate to be captain obvious with this but when I last talked to the guy earlier this week on monday. in the roster update to come. VICK IS GONE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »