Home

Uniform Errors

This is a discussion on Uniform Errors within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #617
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Uniform Errors

I know the developers are always on here communicating and listening, but what about THIS thread? Overall this thread seems to have been completely ignored. There are certain things I PMed the devs about months ago that they said would be looked in to, but I see they still haven't been corrected in the latest videos and screens. I know they have a lot to do, and I know Michael Young has done a solid job with the game art this year, but can we please just get some of these things fixed already? I would love to be shown what has to be done to fix some of these problems, because to me they seem as though they would be simple, but I guess they aren't.

Last edited by thmst30; 06-19-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #618
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
No...your not being harsh at all. They should get them 100% correct. You know it bugs me because they have said that we can't edit unis because of the copyright laws or whatever, yet they do it themselves. When EA gets the unis wrong they should be held accountable by the NFL, its misrepresentation which should not be tolerated.

Totally agree. Or they should at least give us the ability to fix their mistakes. But again, this shouldn't even be an issue. You have to get the uniforms 100% right if you are the only NFL game.

Five years ago a game had far fewer errors, if any, and that game had nearly every single uniform any team has ever worn in it...

what is the excuse?
Old 06-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #619
Banned

OVR: 18

all of the errors on this thread must havebeen addresed. i know there will some ,but i dont think there are as much as there were when this thread was first started.

on that note....there is no real good excuse not to have the uniforms correct. with all the BS that the nfl gives Ea about not breaking rules and being accurate to the game, you would think they would have someone overseeing that an licensed nfl uniform is authentic and accurate to the one's worn on sunday. kind of makes the nfl sound quite hypocritical
Old 06-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #620
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
all of the errors on this thread must havebeen addresed. i know there will some ,but i dont think there are as much as there were when this thread was first started.

on that note....there is no real good excuse not to have the uniforms correct. with all the BS that the nfl gives Ea about not breaking rules and being accurate to the game, you would think they would have someone overseeing that an licensed nfl uniform is authentic and accurate to the one's worn on sunday. kind of makes the nfl sound quite hypocritical
My point exaclty...I don't want to sound like a little whiner but when we are unable to make changes, and the reason we get out of EA is copyright ect.., why would they get away with not getting a teams jersey correct. Makes no sense to me and makes me wonder if what we hear from one side is actually the deal.

If EA can get away with virtually making their own version of the Vikings jersey why can't I change it to yellow if I want to?? Why can't I make the sock color different lengths? Point I am trying to make is, if there are guidlines set forth by the NFL, why is EA excused from those guidlines? Doesn't add up!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #621
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just played Madden 09, I was the Titans, my brother was the 49ers, and I noticed that the 49ers 96-97 uniforms (Red on White) are wrong.

1) Stripe pattern is wrong. In the game, they have thin black, thin gold, thicker red, thin gold, thin black. The actual stripes are thick black, thick red, thick black. There is NO GOLD in the stripes of the red on white uniforms. See?

Black, Red, Black. Not black,gold, red, gold, black.

2) The jersey color seems like it is the wrong shade of red. The red should be Cardinal red. It seems a little too bright (too cherry) in the game.

Hopefully this has been addressed in 10.

I don't see the harm in bringing up an error I saw today. Sorry if this annoys people.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 12:50 AM   #622
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansftw
Just played Madden 09, I was the Titans, my brother was the 49ers, and I noticed that the 49ers 96-97 uniforms (Red on White) are wrong.

1) Stripe pattern is wrong. In the game, they have thin black, thin gold, thicker red, thin gold, thin black. The actual stripes are thick black, thick red, thick black. There is NO GOLD in the stripes of the red on white uniforms. See?

Black, Red, Black. Not black,gold, red, gold, black.

2) The jersey color seems like it is the wrong shade of red. The red should be Cardinal red. It seems a little too bright (too cherry) in the game.

Hopefully this has been addressed in 10.

I don't see the harm in bringing up an error I saw today. Sorry if this annoys people.
The thing is... this is a 60+ page thread. It's been brought up long ago. Plus, Madden 10 has gone gold so they can't really fix anything else now anyway.

(They really should kill this thread off entirely and start a new Uniform Errors in Madden 10 thread)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »