Home

Uniform Errors

This is a discussion on Uniform Errors within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2007, 01:44 PM   #65
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Uniform Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo
Nice work! This a issue near and dear to my heart. All EA has to do is ask each club to send them a sample of their helmet, and uniform, which would be returned after each uni is photographed. If that to hard, they could use all that NFL film they claim to have access to
and use that as reference.

The bottom line is of all the problems with this game, this is the easiest fixed. I would guess, based on texture maps that I have seen from PC games, each uniform is in a layered Photoshop file. It would be easy for them to go in and correct the problem. I would estimate that it would take 2 to 3 days tops to do all the uniforms for the whole league.

How do I know. I am a Graphic Artist/ Illustrator for a large Greeting Card company. I have been working in Photoshop since 1991. I have also created some "Mods" (Textures) for PC racing games and Uniforms for EA's Hockey and Baseball PC games. Heck, I would be willing to do the uniform textures for next years game for free.

All I ask is take the time to look and get it right!

I'm trying to spark a flame. and how do i wish it was scorched already. That is some good info you gave too Im hoping all will contact EA and the NFL because I did send pictures and had lots of conversations with them. But more needs to do this it can't be just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 02:14 PM   #66
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

Response (GM Talos) 08/30/2007 07:17 PM
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Thank you for providing a comprehensive list of details that may be wrong with the team uniforms that are depicted in Madden 08 for the Xbox 360. I realize that these details are important to you and I will forward your report to the Madden team to review. I can only forward this information on and I cannot guarantee that these errors will be addressed by the Madden team. However, I will make them aware that there are a group of players that want to see these changes made.

Again, thank you for your attention to details and taking the time to write in about this issue.

Sincerely,

EA Rep Talos
Game Support
Electronic Arts

Customer 08/28/2007 04:20 PM

hello ea, this is an update to the uniform errors that i sent in a list. I would post these on the forums from the getgo, but I am not a person who likes to argue with the wacky posters and cusses and stuff. so i will send it this way even though you guys suggest that. unfortunitly I dont want to deal with that. I know the customer support can only do so much but here ya go. thanks,

consumer

Customer 08/28/2007 02:56 AM
these are examples.

Customer 08/27/2007 09:10 PM
here is an example of the uniform error.

Response (Jose M.) 08/25/2007 04:02 AM
Hi,

Thank you for contacting EA Technical Support. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with Madden NFL 08 for the Xbox 360, and apologize for any inconvenience. I understand the uniforms in the game appear to be inaccurate?

In Technical Support, we address issues regarding error messages, crashes, and other problems in game performance such as freezing. We unfortunately do not have details regarding aspects of gameplay or the design of features that are included or excluded from the game itself. Decisions and information on these matters are handled by the game's designers themselves.

While you can submit your comments and suggestions through this interface, there is no full guarantee that they may reach the best parties concerned with the issue or topic. What I can recommend would be for you to also post your comments, suggestions and any other feedback to our official forums at http://forums.ea.com which are regularly reviewed by our games' developers.

Again, I’m sorry I can’t help you out directly with this particular concern, but please don’t hesitate to contact us if you ever have a technical problem or question. Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com).

Thank you,
Jon M
EA Technical Support

PS: I have looked over the reference file 070824-008409 and found that you had talked to one of our representatives regarding this issue before. I am unsure whether or not you were able to get his letter following your conversation, but I shall quote a portion here for you:

"We spoke over the phone regarding your issues with Xbox 360 Madden NFL 2008. I have forwarded your concerns on game problems and team uniforms to the EA Sports Team for review. To better get your issues across to the game developers I would suggest you to use the EA Sports Forums."

Customer 08/24/2007 01:25 PM
message for
hello ea, there is a major issue wrong with the game i purchased called madden 08. there is a great deal wrong with the uniforms. i was looking for a way to explain this but i couldn't so this list is not mine but credit is to cherman24 of the maddenmania board to make the list of what is wrong with the uniforms and if there can be a patch to correct the errors. all the uniforms are listed for the apporiate teams that should be corrected. thank you this is the accurate description of the uniforms from the original post

"Hello. I'm a noob here and I am def. a uniform junkie as I collect that kinda stuff and fret over small things like when the Falcons wear black socks with black pants etc. I haven't had the time to read over all the posts, but I loaded every team on the PS3 and this is what I found...

NFC South
Tampa Bay
Home: Red/Pewter
Away: White/Pewter
Alt: Red/White (which hasn't been worn for about 5 years)
Classic: Orange/White (which will never see the light of day and the logo faces wrong way on one side)
Missing: White/White combo

Caro
Home: Black/Silver
Away: White/White
Alt: Blue/Silver (and all white socks while the bench guys have the correct black socks)

Atl
Home: Red/White
Away: White/Black (wrong socks they are white with a black stripe instead of black)
Classic: Red/Gray (with red helmet), Black/Gray (Jerry Glanville homes)
Missing: All Black, White/White, Red/Black

NO
Home: Black/Gold (missing black pant stripe)
Away: White/Black
Alt: Black/Black, Black/Gold (correct current uniform)
Missing: White/Gold

NFC East

Wash
Home: Burganday/White
Away: White/Burgandy (Clinton Portis style burgandy home sock not normal ones)
Classic: Burgandy/Yellow (70th Anniv patch, missing wordmark, spears on pants/shoulder face wrong way on one side)
Retro: Burgandy/Yellow (nothing on the helmet, logo on the sleeve)
Missing: White/White

Dal
Home: Blue/Silver (yes blue)
Away: White/Silver
Classic: Blue/Silver (Aikman era homes and numbers are not outlined)
Alt: White/White (White version of current throwback and selecting it means both teams are in white)
Missing: Blue/White (current throwback)

Philly
Home: Green/White
Away: White/Green
Classic: Green/Gray (Retro uni that is really old with green helmet and huge gray stripe down middle)
Alt: Black/White, Blue/White (This year's 75th anniv)
Missing: White/White, Black/Green

NYG
Home: Blue/Gray
Away: White/Gray
Alt: Red/Gray
Classic: Blue/White (Simms era)

NFC West
StL
Home: Blue/White
Away: White/Gold
Alt: Blue/White (First navy uniform with gold underarms and squirrly gold stripe on pants)
Classic: Blue/Yellow (SB uniforms)
Missing: Blue/Gold, Blue/Blue, White/Blue, White/White

AZ
Classic: Red/White (Previous uniform) Red/Khaki ('94 throwbacks)
Missing: Red/Red, White/Red

SF
Home: Red/Gold
Away: White/Gold
Alt: Red/White (which I haven't since since they first updated their look)
Classic: Red/White (I believe it's the '94 throwbacks, but there is no logo or stripe on the helmet)
Missing: Red/Gold (Montana era throwbacks that they wear)

Sea
Home: Blue/Blue
Classic: Blue/Silver
Missing: Blue/White, White/Blue

NFC North
Chi
Away: White/Blue
Alt: Orange/White
Classic: Blue/Khaki ('94 Throwbacks)
Missing: Blue/Blue, White/White (which they have a pic of Hester wearing while game is loading)

GB
Home: Green/Yellow
Away: White/Yellow
Classic: Yellow-Blue/Khaki ('94 Throwbacks), Green/Yellow (Bart Starr era but has current green mask instead of gray)

Det
Home: Blue/Silver
Alt: Black/Silver
Classic: Blue/Silver (Thanksgiving style but has NFL style blue socks instead of solid blue)

Min
Home: Purple/White
Away: White/Purple
Alt: Purple/White (last set minus Viking on sleeve), Purple/White (what they will throwback to, but has purple mask instead of gray)

AFC North
Pitt
Home: Black/Yellow
Away: White/Yellow
Classic: Black-Yellow/Khaki ('94 Throwbacks)
Alt: Black/White (new one this year) Yellow-Black/Yellow (this one has the current helmet and looks like the old school one with a yellow yoke)

Cleve
Home: Brown/White
Away: White/Brown (never used)
Alt: Orange/White (retired)
Classic: Brown/White (looks like the homes from a few years ago, but #s are outlined in orange)
Missing: White/White (and it's on the back of the box from a screen shot)

Cin
Home: Black/White
Classic: Black/White (Bengals on helmet era)
Missing: White/White, Orange/Black, Orange/White, Black/Black

Bal
Home: Purple/White
Alt: Black/Black
Classic: Purple/White (One with Raven spread on sleeve and old socks)

AFC West
Den
Classic: Orange/White (Elway/Reeves era)
Retro: Orange/White (throwbacks from the '94 season)
Missing: Orange/White, Blue/Blue

Oak
Home: Black/Silver
Classic: Black/Silver ('94 Throwback)

KC
Away: White/Red
Alt: Red/Red (never worn), Red/White (The only difference I see from their current set is there are no sleeve stripes)

SD
Alt: Powder Blue/White (Gray mask on helmet)
Classic: Powder Blue/White (Missing helmet numbers)

AFC South
Ind

Hou
Alt: Red/White, Blue/Blue (they have red socks and when they did this, they wore blue socks)

Jax
Home: Teal/White
Alt: Black/Black, Teal/Black (listed as Classic)

Ten
Classic: Light Blue Oilers/White
Alts: White/White, White/Light Blue, Light Blue/Blue, Light Blue/Light Blue, Blue/Blue

AFC East
NYJ
Home: Green/White
Classic: Green/White (Keyshawn rookie era and mistakenly has current chest logo on it)
Alt: Green/Green
Missing: White/Green

Buf
Classic: Blue/White (Kelly era)
Alt: Blue/White (current throwbacks)
Missing: White/White, Blue/Blue

Mia
Home: Aqua/White
Away: White/Aqua (which hasn't been seen in years)
Alt: Orange/White (see above), Aqua/Aqua

NE
Home: Blue/Silver
Classics: Blue/Gray (Bledsoe years lighter blue), Red/White (Pat Patriot)
Missing: Silver/Blue"

and to add on from me lastly from cherman24 they're two sock errors that needs to be fixed. new englands away socks are three blue stripes.

colts have solid blue socks

dolphins alternate home socks is orange and white, not straight orange

the 57 lions socks is pure blue all the way down

and green bays throwback facemask is grey

and the lions away is blue on white.

the baltimore ravens have black shoes

if all these thing can be fixed, it would make this years madden good for me and the others on threads complaining,

consumer

Send Email Type

Simplified (My Stuff Reply / No Threads)

File Attachments

error8.jpg
error4.jpg
error2.jpg
error3.jpg
error5.jpg
error6.jpg
error7.jpg
error9.jpg
error11.jpg
error12.jpg
error13.jpg
error14.jpg
error15.jpg
error 10.jpg
fault 1.jpg

Last edited by mastershake88; 08-31-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #67
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

there is proof that all what you have to do is act on it Like i said I have done my part in this I will show more discussions that I have had with EA
Old 08-31-2007, 02:36 PM   #68
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

example 2

reference number Hello ea there is another problem with this ga...

Discussion Thread
Response (EA Tech John D.) 08/28/2007 03:16 PM
Hello,

This case has been escalated to me in the hopes that I may assist you in a better manner. I understand that you are having trouble with Madden NFL 2008. I tried emulating the scenario you played out for us and I wasn't able to. I dug deeper and found that this is actually a concern that the EA Sports Online team is aware of. I was able to find similar material on our forums (like what you pointed out) and it turns out this is how our developers got a hold of the concern in the first place. Now, I won't be able to plot a time table on when the team will be releasing a fix or workaround. All I know is that this is an agenda being worked on that it should be resolved at the soonest possible time. I'll gladly update you as soon as I get word. I would suggest that you use the forums (forums.ea.com) as any updates will first land there.

Should you require further assistance with any other concern, please visit support.ea.com.
Thank you,
John D.
EA Technical Support

Customer 08/26/2007 06:58 AM
reference number

Hello ea there is another problem with this game and yet another gitch, it' the glitch of the wierd player model with a silver afro and it pops up on certain coaches and players from time to time. there is still an error with the unis moonwalking games freezing and whatelese that is to come..example is from the maddenmania boards where one poster said that when he went to edit a player "the face he has white face with a weird long hair and it looks creepy" these are one of many complaitns that I have sent ea over a course of 2 weeks as much as i like madden 08, it has cost me great disapointment to play a game that can be filled with as many errors and glitches that has been done. this picture is not mine but i will send it as an example.

Send Email Type

Simplified (My Stuff Reply / No Threads)

File Attachments

silvercoach4.jpg

Last edited by mastershake88; 08-31-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #69
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

so dont tell me that this does not work.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:49 PM   #70
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

because it does.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:59 PM   #71
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

the bolts are the Chargers Jerseys are upside down...good job EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 10:08 PM   #72
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

email them, call them thats what i am saying. and show them and mention proof of it just like i did. you will get through it cause i did i'll show you an example.
response (GM Talos) 08/30/2007 07:17 PM
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Thank you for providing a comprehensive list of details that may be wrong with the team uniforms that are depicted in Madden 08 for the Xbox 360. I realize that these details are important to you and I will forward your report to the Madden team to review. I can only forward this information on and I cannot guarantee that these errors will be addressed by the Madden team. However, I will make them aware that there are a group of players that want to see these changes made.

Again, thank you for your attention to details and taking the time to write in about this issue.

Sincerely,

EA Rep Talos
Game Support
Electronic Arts

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »