Home

how do I adjust sliders in franchise?

This is a discussion on how do I adjust sliders in franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: how do I adjust sliders in franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laforr77
LOL... I personally think it was a great idea to carry the sliders throughout all the modes... it used to be a pain to set up perfect sliders in Franchise and then have to go back and set them all over in Play Now. Well, maybe not a pain, but its easier this way.
110% agreed.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #10
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

lol.. ya'll makin it too hard on yourself... all ya have to do is start up a franchise game and edit them in there. They will save.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #11
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

I dunno maybe I'm just weird like that.

But I guess my main point is that they should have the option to adjust sliders inside the franchise, instead of having to save it and back out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2007, 08:44 AM   #12
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
I dunno maybe I'm just weird like that.

But I guess my main point is that they should have the option to adjust sliders inside the franchise, instead of having to save it and back out.
Once again, at least I think someone already said this, you can also make changes within your Franchise and/or SS modes without backing out to the front end. The thing is you have to be playing a game and pause it, make your changes, and then resume the game. At the end of the game if you save your Profile those changes will be applied to the front end as well. There are a few things you have to back out to the front end to change, but come on now, is it really that hard to do and is that really something you do after/before each game. Once you get the game setup the way you want it I don't see why you would be making changes anyway. Maybe to toughen up the games a little after you've gotten better, but still, it's not like you would be doing it that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laforr77
LOL... I personally think it was a great idea to carry the sliders throughout all the modes... it used to be a pain to set up perfect sliders in Franchise and then have to go back and set them all over in Play Now. Well, maybe not a pain, but its easier this way.

Yes, definitely. I usually have multiple franchises and SS modes going on at the same time and I hated how it was in the past. If I wanted to make a change i had to load up each Franchise and SS one at a time, make the changes, save it, load up the next one, make changes, save it, and continue this process until I was done. Much, much better to have one local section for all the settings which will be applied to all modes.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #13
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
that's the dumbest thing ever. I mean, is it really that hard to program a slider menu inside the franchise one? What if I want different sliders in my franchise than my regular game?
Why would you?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:27 AM   #14
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Shouldn't this be in the slider forum...?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:14 PM   #15
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Once again, at least I think someone already said this, you can also make changes within your Franchise and/or SS modes without backing out to the front end. The thing is you have to be playing a game and pause it, make your changes, and then resume the game. At the end of the game if you save your Profile those changes will be applied to the front end as well. There are a few things you have to back out to the front end to change, but come on now, is it really that hard to do and is that really something you do after/before each game. Once you get the game setup the way you want it I don't see why you would be making changes anyway. Maybe to toughen up the games a little after you've gotten better, but still, it's not like you would be doing it that much.
I know you can adjust in game and save it, but it's been my experience with every Madden and NCAA game since 2001 that sliders adjusted in game affect the game different than sliders adjusted out of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
Why would you?
Like I said, maybe I'm weird like that.

I know I mostly play in franchise, but I have friends over who like to play exhibition mode 1-player and they aren't used to my sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »