Home

Beating INSANE fast blitzs??

This is a discussion on Beating INSANE fast blitzs?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 PM   #9
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Beating INSANE fast blitzs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I can't even imagine playing Madden w/o a QB who can scramble.
well i have run with the saints franchise since as long as i can remember and since we have bree's now I am not lucky enough with a scrammbling qb
Old 08-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

The best way to beat them is to lab the routes in your playbook. There are some routes that get great inside position (arrow route as an example, not all playbooks have it but some do). So if it is a man coverage blitz you want to go with those plays. For zone coverages look for quick route combos. One I have I call the Chase Route. It has two guys going up the seam on the same side. The first guy up the seam pulls the coverage vertically. The second guy trails him by ten to twelve yards so he's always open for the quick pass against zone and zone blitzes. Against Engage Eight style blitzes the seams and flats are easy pickings. Arrow routes from the outsides are good along with slants. Press man coverage you might want to use some motion whether that be short motion (WR stays on side of formation but motions into formation) or across motion (WR goes all the way across and you hike it where you want - you can wait until he sets or not).
Old 08-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would suggest running the shotgun and block with your RB. Shotgun gives you a lot more time and the RB will pick up the blitzing LB's. If they bring the house block your TE as well. You will most likely have to block your RB if they are nano blitzing. Just makes sure you block your RB with the correct side(left/right blocking) and also place him on the side you want to throw to. If it is a normal blitz throw to the RB in the flats and never run anything under the gun, because you will get killed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrim
Screen passes are the best counter to a player that blitzes alot. Trust and believe that after you bust them for a few 25 yard scampers off of screen passes they will change that blitzing tune quickly..........
Yeah I played a game earlier where I had my running game on all cylinders the first drive so on the second drive he started blitzing like crazy. So I ran like 4 screens Back to back and averaged about 15 yrds per play. He stopped blitxing and I went back to running down his throat. Also I have my TE block outside and my FB block inside and kinda drop back and toward the outside so
the rush doesn't get me before I get rid of it.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:33 AM   #13
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

PA rollout plays when you are under center, otherwise stay in shotgun if you are expecting the blitz. If you try to drop-back-pass from under center against a nanoblitz you are toast in this game.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 24

Quick passes work well too. But us percision pass so the ball is put where only your WR can get it.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 29

look where the heaviest blitz is coming from.... Hot Route your TE or WR to do a Quick Slant in the direction being vacated by the blitzer...

This works nearly 75% of the time. Otherwise, I would say run a dive play and make them regret blitzing when you break a big run.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »