Home

Ok, im really loving Mdden 2008 for xbox 360 now

This is a discussion on Ok, im really loving Mdden 2008 for xbox 360 now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 03:34 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 22
Talking Ok, im really loving Madden 2008 for xbox 360 now

I was super unhappy when i first got the game because of all the turnovers but now that i learned to cover the ball up before a hit..that really has helped a ton and also with sliders,etc from users in here giving tips..with a bit of both the game has really been so much better. I couldnt appreciate the sweet visuals, animations,controls,etc because of the turnovers but now that i got that taken care of..this game is really one hell of an improvment over last year..its a night and day diffrence with 08 compared to 07.

Now that im actually enjoying the game, im noticing alot of little things that really stand out to me now.. the running game seems so much better now.. maybe because of the 60fps this year? I dont know but being a HUGE NFL 2k5/Visual concepts fan.. i feel Madden 08 is just as fun now with its running game as it was with ESPN NFL 2k5, not only that but passing is a blast too..man i love the screen passes.. my RB runs a nice stride without having to stop to a standstill when i toss the rock at him.. that was one thing that bugged me with madden but that seems ironed out now.

Also believe it or not.. after a play, player reactions really puts alot of life into madden.. i was a huge fan of ESPN NFL 2k5 because of the player emotions after a play and FINALLY tiburon has added some of that to madden which really makes the game feel alot more alive when playing it.. such a simple thing like that can make a game feel so much better. I still feel they need to add more of that to madden and more varied sideline cutscenes,etc but they are definately moving in the right direction finally.. im happy to say.

Now if only they had some good play by play color commentary..that would of really been icing on the cake for this year but i can live without that this year..im really enjoying madden on xbox 360 this year.

Its amazing how blind i was to all the games improvements because i was hating the outragous amount of turn overs i was having but now that i learned to cover the rock before i get hit, make better choices when passing and a bit of tweaking to the sliders..this game is a blast to play

The visuals.. man they are so clear and crisp in high def.. even that looks so much better then last year for some reason. Very impressed with the graphics with madden 08 on 360. Animations are rock'n too..

Last edited by Moegames; 09-01-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2007, 06:24 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Ok, im really loving Mdden 2008 for xbox 360 now

Yes, this game is really good once you tweak it to your ability, and get it playing well, and just figure out how to play it. I don't have any of the issues people are talking about. I was at first, but not anymore. This game is so good and does the little things so well imo. I know exactly what you mean where you start to notice all the little things this game does. It's really an amazing football game. You will start to notice other little things as well once you really get into it. The passing game and defense is also done extremely well. I know this is more of an impression but when I first got this game I thought it was decent but had a lot of issues. Since I've really played it this past week all those issues have disapeared. It's weird. I would have probably given it a 7 or an 8 when I first got, but I'd probably give it a 9.5 at this point. There are still some small glitches that I wish EA would fix but nothing too major. This is by far the best football game I've ever played and is far above anything I ever expected. I seriously think people are missing out. You were blind but now you can see. I wish other people would figure this out. I get this game. IT's kind of sad that people give up too easily and are playing a last gen version of madden that doesnt even compare to this game. "This is the most sophisticated realistic football game ever." You can quote me on that. People don't get it. Just shows you what people are like. EA finally puts out a product that is way above and beyond anything that people have ever experienced and people don't get it. It's kind of sad really. I hope EA doesn't go back from this because of that.

Last edited by Walker8; 09-01-2007 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
Yes, this game is really good once you tweak it to your ability, and get it playing well, and just figure out how to play it. I don't have any of the issues people are talking about. I was at first, but not anymore. This game is so good and does the little things so well imo. I know exactly what you mean where you start to notice all the little things this game does. It's really an amazing football game. You will start to notice other little things as well once you really get into it. The passing game and defense is also done extremely well. I know this is more of an impression but when I first got this game I thought it was decent but had a lot of issues. Since I've really played it this past week all those issues have disapeared. It's weird. I would have probably given it a 7 or an 8 when I first got, but I'd probably give it a 9.5 at this point. There are still some small glitches that I wish EA would fix but nothing too major. This is by far the best football game I've ever played and is far above anything I ever expected. I seriously think people are missing out. You were blind but now you can see. I wish other people would figure this out. I get this game. IT's kind of sad that people give up too easily and are playing a last gen version of madden that doesnt even compare to this game. "This is the most sophisticated realistic football game ever." You can quote me on that. People don't get it. Just shows you what people are like. EA finally puts out a product that is way above and beyond anything that people have ever experienced and people don't get it. It's kind of sad really. I hope EA doesn't go back from this because of that.
Yup...i got totally got frustrated and gave up on the 360 version and got the pc version of madden 08, i kept trying to convice myself it was better, its not a bad game on the pc though..it just does not compare to the next gen version 08.

After i read up in here on tips,tweaks,etc to fix the bugs the game does have..it totally made the game so much better to the point of it being hard to put down now.

Like i said in my original post.. this is coming from a hardcore 2k guy and im totally impressed with the game tiburon has put out. Like you said, there are things that need to be fixed but honestly.. most of the important bugs were totally fixed this year and im really having a fun time with the game now.

I gave up way to early on the game.. im glad gave it a 2nd chance.. i actualy told myself i'd give madden 08 360 one whole week of my time after i initially already written it off as a dud.. man, that was the best thing i could of ever done. Now im actually content with a football videogame in over 3 years.. last time i had this much fun with a football videogame was back with ESPN NFL 2k5.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17
Red face Re: Ok, im really loving Mdden 2008 for xbox 360 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
I don't have any of the issues people are talking about. I was at first, but not anymore.

Since I've really played it this past week all those issues have disapeared. It's weird.

You were blind but now you can see. I wish other people would figure this out. I get this game.

IT's kind of sad that people give up too easily and are playing a last gen version of madden that doesnt even compare to this game. "This is the most sophisticated realistic football game ever." You can quote me on that. People don't get it. Just shows you what people are like. EA finally puts out a product that is way above and beyond anything that people have ever experienced and people don't get it. It's kind of sad really. I hope EA doesn't go back from this because of that.
this is fine and dandy, but would you please share with us your genuine wisedom? i feel alot of us are not enjoying the game because it's not considered a good game out of the box. alot of treaking is necessary. i, unfortunately, have not discovered this. the latest is turning off the fatigue. well if you do this to get the game to work better, this is not making it authentic football since stamina is a huge part of all sports. the game IS improved over last year with the addittional features, but i'm not seeing how it's better in the gameplay department, imo. so feel free to begin, when you're ready...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...

Last edited by Whaaaazuuuuup; 09-01-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

"this is fine and dandy, but would you please share with us your genuine wisedom? i feel alot of us are not enjoying the game because it's not considered a good game out of the box. alot of treaking is necessary. i, unfortunately, have not discovered this. the latest is turning off the fatigue. well if you do this to get the game to work better, this is not making it authentic football since stamina is a huge part of all sports. the game IS improved over last year with the addittional features, but i'm not seeing how it's better in the gameplay department, imo. so feel free to begin, when you're ready..."

Im in the same boat..what turns me off are the super defensive plays in allpro..I see it and it just turns me off...it happens on both sides of the ball. I spend the whole game goin " what the f## was that" Instead of "nice play!" It seems to happen a lot less in pro mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

I am really enjoying this game. As I have said before, I think I must have the "Golden Copy" of Madden 08 this year (360 version) because I am not having issues with turnovers. I have had maybe 2 games at the most where turnovers got out of hand (both were in rainy conditions btw, but still felt turnovers were out of hand)...but for the majority of my games I have played against the CPU have been great. I play 8 min qtrs. on ALL PRO with slightly adjusted sliders and I couldn't be happier. Call me one of those zombies who will continue to buy madden no matter how bad the product is every year if you want, but all I can say is that I am really enjoying madden 08 this year.

p.s. I play with fatigue on, but i do think fatigue plays a pretty big part with the fumbles.....I will not go as far as turning fatigue completely off...i am just more careful when my players get fatigued. If my RB is in yellow, im spelling him. If some of my O-line is in yellow or red, i'm running a play to the other side or running a play out of shot gun watching that side of the oline at all times....etc... I think its a really good game this year....but i guess im only one of the few who think that....
Old 09-01-2007, 10:59 AM   #7
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
I am really enjoying this game. As I have said before, I think I must have the "Golden Copy" of Madden 08 this year (360 version) because I am not having issues with turnovers. I have had maybe 2 games at the most where turnovers got out of hand (both were in rainy conditions btw, but still felt turnovers were out of hand)...but for the majority of my games I have played against the CPU have been great. I play 8 min qtrs. on ALL PRO with slightly adjusted sliders and I couldn't be happier. Call me one of those zombies who will continue to buy madden no matter how bad the product is every year if you want, but all I can say is that I am really enjoying madden 08 this year.

p.s. I play with fatigue on, but i do think fatigue plays a pretty big part with the fumbles.....I will not go as far as turning fatigue completely off...i am just more careful when my players get fatigued. If my RB is in yellow, im spelling him. If some of my O-line is in yellow or red, i'm running a play to the other side or running a play out of shot gun watching that side of the oline at all times....etc... I think its a really good game this year....but i guess im only one of the few who think that....

Couldn't have said it better myself. At least Play Now and Franchise games are excellent after I adjusted the sliders a bit to fit my skill level, style, etc. and learned to play smarter in this version than I ever did in past versions. Now Super Star mode is a whole different story, there is a bad turnover problem there.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #8
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Yet another thread where it turns into a fumble and interception discussion. Closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »