Home

Going to buy old X-Box and Madden 08

This is a discussion on Going to buy old X-Box and Madden 08 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Going to buy old X-Box and Madden 08

Does Ea Support new rosters for last gen madden? Like if I buy an online subscription for my x-box and I go to madden online will it auto download the latest rosters? Does this work for the PS2 as well? Im having trouble deciding between PS2 and X-box which is sad since I own and love 360 Ncaa and own 360 Madden but it is a shell compared to last gen Madden franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #2
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Going to buy old X-Box and Madden 08

Yes they have downloadable rosters for both the XBOX and the PS2 versions as well as the Wii, PS3, and 360.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

Yep, do it man, you won't regret it.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Check Ebay, you can get a real cheap copy on there and don't pad EA's numbers.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Icon8 Re: Going to buy old X-Box and Madden 08

Thanks for the info guys. I have the named rosters for NCAA 360 and am very pleased on the 360 for the most part. I just feel that Madden is sadly unplayable for sim\franchise guys like myself. I used to manage a Gamestop and unfortunately got into the habit of trading all my old systems, games, etc. for new shwag. I have owned a 360 since day 1 and really miss having a playable nfl game which historically had been my favorite part of gaming all the way back to the tecmo days. (im 28) But alas I guess I will have to go back to the xbox or ps2 to get my nfl fix. Do you guys have any suggestions or comments to get the most out of last gen madden this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
Thanks for the info guys. I have the named rosters for NCAA 360 and am very pleased on the 360 for the most part. I just feel that Madden is sadly unplayable for sim\franchise guys like myself. I used to manage a Gamestop and unfortunately got into the habit of trading all my old systems, games, etc. for new shwag. I have owned a 360 since day 1 and really miss having a playable nfl game which historically had been my favorite part of gaming all the way back to the tecmo days. (im 28) But alas I guess I will have to go back to the xbox or ps2 to get my nfl fix. Do you guys have any suggestions or comments to get the most out of last gen madden this year?
You shouldn't have to make many adjustments with the sliders. Download some draft classes for the XBOX and you're set.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

add me to the list. got the xbox version, and to be honest, im having more fun with it than the 360 version. just my opinion. On a side note, the recent issue of "the onion" newspaper has a wish list for the "09"version of madden, of the top of my head the one I remember the most is a "fun mode"...."we take away all the "features" we've added over the past 5 years, so that you can play a fun version of football if you want." The other was the "500 new fumble animations" that you will see on about every other play.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:45 AM   #8
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

You will not regret going back to the x-box version of Madden...I wish I hadn't sold my X-Box this year, but I do have the PS2 still and I am loving Madden...

NCAA on 360 I love....can't say the same about Madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »