Home

The Explanation to All CG Madden Problems

This is a discussion on The Explanation to All CG Madden Problems within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7
The Explanation to All CG Madden Problems

http://www.netmba.com/strategy/matrix/bcg/

The Madden Franchise is EA's cash cow. This explains the lack of resources devoted to it, as we can see from the "lack of polish" in a number of areas, especially after already spent tons of cash buying up the NFL license.

Cash Cows - As leaders in a mature market, cash cows exhibit a return on asset that is greater than the market growth rate, thus generate more cash than they consume. Such business units should be "milked", extracting the profits and investing as little as possible. Cash cows provide the cash required to turn question marks into market leaders, to cover the administrative cost of the company, to fund research and development, to service the corporate debt, and to pay dividend to shareholders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #2
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Explanation to All CG Madden Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367

The Madden Franchise is EA's cash cow. This explains the lack of resources devoted to it, as we can see from the "lack of polish" in a number of areas, especially after already spent tons of cash buying up the NFL license.

Cash Cows - As leaders in a mature market, cash cows exhibit a return on asset that is greater than the market growth rate, thus generate more cash than they consume. Such business units should be "milked", extracting the profits and investing as little as possible. Cash cows provide the cash required to turn question marks into market leaders, to cover the administrative cost of the company, to fund research and development, to service the corporate debt, and to pay dividend to shareholders.
You play madden also buddy?

Lets do a game one day.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
You play madden also buddy?

Lets do a game one day.
Sure. Which team do you usually use? I use the Broncos.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

SAINTS i am from louisiana
Old 09-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

The best thing you can do is not buy the game. I am thinking of creating a website with a forum that will not be so kind to EA's games. Prehaps over time form a consumer union that will sting EA. One that will tell it like it really is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
The best thing you can do is not buy the game. I am thinking of creating a website with a forum that will not be so kind to EA's games. Prehaps over time form a consumer union that will sting EA. One that will tell it like it really is.
I'd jump on that bandwagon.

They need a watch dog that is constantly on their *** to make sure that at least a small amount of the 100's of millions that they are pulling in is being put toward actual development and improvements that are significant to the game. These improvements should IMPROVE the game each cycle and not just tweak and create more issues.

Sign me up...
Old 09-06-2007, 11:26 AM   #7
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
That would be ideal. But for those who jones for a NFL football game (and there are many, including me) would have no where to turn to but the abusive pimp/dealer who sell you overpriced bad crack.

I've mentioned in previous posts that cash cows are to be milked for profit, so imagine John Madden himself having his man-teats being milked by EA's execs...very erotic indeed.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
That would be ideal. But for those who jones for a NFL football game (and there are many, including me) would have no where to turn to but the abusive pimp/dealer who sell you overpriced bad crack.

I've mentioned in previous posts that cash cows are to be milked for profit, so imagine John Madden himself having his man-teats being milked by EA's execs...very erotic indeed.
I desperately want an NFL game, too, but I managed to not buy 08 and skipped 06, too. It can be done. There are plenty of things to do in life and plenty of other games to play if you want. Why spend $60 on something you're not going to enjoy? If I really get the urge, I pop in 07 to kill it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »