Home

Should EA take development away from Tiberon?

This is a discussion on Should EA take development away from Tiberon? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Should EA take development away from Tiberon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
I see MaddenMan's point, it's hard to make a game that appeals to both casual and sim crowd. Compromises have to made. But the DB's and LB's uncanny ability to somewhat defy physics to intercept the football is hated by both casual and sim crowd alike.

Also, the Madden franchise is considered EA's cash cow. It's to be milked for profit while at the same time utilizes the least of company's resource. So no matter who's going to develop Madden, be it Tiburon or someone else, EA is not going to sink much money into it, especially since it already spent tons of cash acquiring the NFL license. Remember, the money EA should've spend on developing a great football engine for its football franchises went to acquiring the licenses instead.

My greatest fear. Sub par football games.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #18
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
I see MaddenMan's point, it's hard to make a game that appeals to both casual and sim crowd. Compromises have to made. But the DB's and LB's uncanny ability to somewhat defy physics to intercept the football is hated by both casual and sim crowd alike.
I can pretty much guarantee NBA2K8 appeals to both the casual and sim crowd. Two of EA's upcoming titles - FIFA 08 looks very promising, as well as NHL08 (from what some have said) for the casual and sim fan.

Maybe EA should apply some of the physics (ball and player) that FIFA is/will be using because this player warping and physics-defying ball movement on EA's gridiron is comical. Inexcusable with next-gen hardware.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #19
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Absolutely not, if you guys would spend more time playing the game and enjoying it instead of trying to find faults you wouldn't feel this way. This goes for any game. It's gotten with reviews and the internet that people can't simply like the games they like and dislike the games they dislike, everyone feeds on each other now and reviews and it's not ok in the gaming community to like a game personally anymore. It's such a tough crowd for Tiberon to try to make everyone happy. I'm very happy about the product they put out this year.

And let's be honest here: If they made the game that everyone here wants, ie a true sim etc, it would alienate the vast majority of gamers and the game would become unfun for the masses. It's just unfortunate that there isn't an alternative anymore, I used to play 2k for simulation games and Madden for fun/party games. The reality is that Madden now is dabbling in the sim side of football more and more and it's only creating more and more complaints because people want it to be their way like Burger King, the problem is that the game is created for the masses.

I think Tiburon is doing a damn fine job with the game and EA would be absolutely ******** to change hands, it would be another next gen learning curve for a new team and think about it, why on earth would EA do this as the game sells like hotcakes and so many people are jumping for joy this year about Madden?

You have to realize that the vast majority of posters here aren't a) casual gamers, b) Madden fans first, and c) playing the game as it's intended to be played - for fun.

If you can't have fun with it because it's not simulation enough etc, play NCAA, APF2K etc, there are alternatives, just not an NFL one.

If it's reviews you are looking at go here: It's currently at 84% overall which is an improvement over the last two years, haters will always say EA paid the reviewers off or some garbage but it's a consensus.

http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/9...?q=madden%2008
Damn man, are you salaried or do they pay you by the hour?

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 09-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #20
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
i say absolutely, but the sales figures say no way.
Agree 100%. EA is a business, money is the bottom line.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Is there any reason to believe, though, that switching the development team would affect sales? I'd be surprised if it had a negative affect on sales.

Most people that buy Madden wouldn't even notice it was a different team as long as the game was still called "Madden" and it still said "EA Sports." Most people only know 1 David Ortiz and he plays for the Red Sox.

I just don't see how giving it to a different group of people at EA would somehow cause the sales to go down when most people don't even notice or care about the specific development team name. The only thing they might notice is that the game is improved and that's certainly not going to hurt sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2007, 12:12 PM   #22
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Agree 100%. EA is a business, money is the bottom line.
Good point(if not an obvious one) but unfortunately, the bottom line will begin to shrink if the product's quality continues to decline(in the opinion of the majority anyway). With the economy starting to run into trouble, it will only be a matter of a couple more years/sub par Madden releases before EA execs REALLY take notice. As long as the money and suckers(...no offense people, I was one too) keep rolling in, so will the lack luster efforts on the part of E.A.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 09-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

As someone who didn't buy Madden for the first time since '96 (and have been playing since the original), I would imagine there are like-minded people who have also jumped ship for the time being. It wouldn't surprise me to see this population grow exponentially with each subsequent mediocre release.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #24
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

HELL YEAH!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »