Home

Better not to buy Madden 2008???

This is a discussion on Better not to buy Madden 2008??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Better not to buy Madden 2008???

I've enjoyed it much more than any of the previous versions, but it still bothers me a lot especially when I have a game like I had tonight. I just played a game where I had 8 turnovers!

I couldn't throw the ball without it being picked. I'd throw to a wide open reciever and within a step after throwing the ball, the reciever ended up being quadruple covered! In a 5 minute quarter game, I had one punt and one drive end with points. This is just outrageous. I know I suck at this game, but am I this bad?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
After just reading a few posts about this game from some OS vets, I didnt buy it. And I dont miss it, APF online is the best Football around. actually ever.
My sentiments exactly, Doc. I bought NCAA and APF, played NCAA twice, and have lived on APF since. The scorching irony is that the previewers of the game were so upset that you couldn't do a franchise like you could in the licensed game. Sounds like that's no longer a working objection. APF isn't perfect, but whatever its faults, they are much less damaging than the ones folks are citing here. I'm glad some are having fun with the game, but I'm also glad I finally witheld my annual Madden money and put it toward something else. Here's to hoping the crew at EA continues to improve the franchise; for now, I'm playing with the legends
Old 09-07-2007, 01:13 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Rent it and try it out. Why this is such a hard concept for the masses ....
I agree because as owner of all 3 football titles this year it will be kinda hard to not find bug's in any of them IMO.

I'd say Madden isn't worth the $60 price tag but if you could get it for like $40 it would be a steal. Trade in some used games and then enjoy the game for what it is this year.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:28 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Guys,

If you want to know whether or not to buy a game, look in the impressions thread. Don't start up your own thread asking the question. If everyone did that, this forum would be a mess.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »