Home

After watching last nights game . I think this madden

This is a discussion on After watching last nights game . I think this madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: After watching last nights game . I think this madden

Fact is... Madden is as close to the NFL as you will get. APF is good football, but it only filled my NFL void for a week.

Madden 08 has disappointed me in some ways, but all in all it isnt awful.... I would give it a 7-10... maybe a 6.5.....

I am embarrassed to have paid $60 for it.... I = Stupid....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
Plus, this game is not meant for us older guys. My nephews are loving this game and they see nothing wrong with it. There ages range from 10-16. I tell them all the time this game is not realistic and they look at me like I am crazy. The kids out there are loving this game and think it is fine and that is what EA wants.
You hit the nail on the head and the reason why from an X's and O's standpoint I think this game fails on many levels. But from a "fun" standpoint that's all that matters and when the makers have met that requirement they consider their job complete.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:25 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

If EA isn't making games for the generation that first started playin Madden then they have serious issues to work out. Well, they have serious issues to work out regardless. Video games aren't just for kids anymore. 20-30 year olds these days played video games growing up and always will. The Xbox 360 was not designed with kids in mind.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #44
Rookie

muktownballer33's Arena

OVR: 5

I personally am not really worried about whether the game is as realistic as at needs to be. With the sliders and difficulty level people can make it as arcade or sim as they want. My problem is with the insane glitches that ruin great games. You are never going to get a perfect video game, ever. But I shouldn't have to worry about players contracts changing if i edit them or watching Brett Favre do the moonwalk. Those are programming problems that impact the game when the only thing that should impact the game is a gamer's skill with the controller...
Old 09-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

after seein the chargers vs bears madden is pretty realistic...and madden seems to capture and make its gameplay deeper by making the cb super human...its not hard to get off a pass its just you gotta make better decisions...after watching majority of todays games, madden is realistic...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by quesmoney
after seein the chargers vs bears madden is pretty realistic...and madden seems to capture and make its gameplay deeper by making the cb super human...its not hard to get off a pass its just you gotta make better decisions...after watching majority of todays games, madden is realistic...
In real life If a QB reads the defense and fires the ball to the open man it is a complete pass (if the reciever catches it).

In Madden that is not guaranteed to be the case. A line backer or db could majically get in the way of a wide open reciever to intercept the ball. It doesn't seem like the recievers know the ball is in the air and being thrown to them. The db's pay more attention to the pass than the recievers do. There is no real rhyme or reason when or why this happens.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
I will tell you guys though I am a 2k guy at heart. However, this years Madden is fun for me and I am having a blast and will buy the 09 version if it is fun also. So they are going to get my 60$ as of right now. Go figure and I never really liked Madden but I am loving this one and can't put it down. I only play online also with sim players so it is a blast for me.
Same here man..im also a die hard 2k football gamer but for the first year in many years.. i actually enjoy madden 08 on 360.

I will definately pick up 09 as well.. i really hope they add even more player emotions/animation/cut scene's after big plays.. really makes the game feell alive.. 2k does this well.

Also the running game is fun finally with madden.. thank god.

fingers are CROSSED for 2 man commentary/play by play for 09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »