Home

Do you like the direction EA is going?

This is a discussion on Do you like the direction EA is going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Do you like the direction EA is going?

I really like this game. I think it's not perfect but I think a lot of the complaints are unjusified for the most part and people just don't k now what they are doing. Does this game live up to the hype? Maybe not, but it's the best madden I've ever played by far. I'm actually really surprised at all the people that don't like this game. It's bizarre, because I usually agree with the consensus in these forums for the most part, but not on this game. To answer the original question, yes I like the direction EA is going with this game. No, I don't think gamers have really grasped it yet. I also think people expected too much. I'm not saying this game doesn't have things that should be added, and glitches that need to be fixed, but I like the core game and the direction it appears to be headed. Everything I've read is that next year they will refine the game and make the presentation better. That sounds like a good direction to me.

Last edited by Walker8; 09-08-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2007, 11:12 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
I really like this game. I think it's not perfect but I think a lot of the complaints are unjusified for the most part and people just don't k now what they are doing. Does this game live up to the hype? Maybe not, but it's the best madden I've ever played by far. I'm actually really surprised at all the people that don't like this game. It's bizarre, because I usually agree with the consensus in these forums for the most part, but not on this game. To answer the original question, yes I like the direction EA is going with this game. No, I don't think gamers have really grasped it yet. I also think people expected too much. I'm not saying this game doesn't have things that should be added, and glitches that need to be fixed, but I like the core game and the direction it appears to be headed. Everything I've read is that next year they will refine the game and make the presentation better. That sounds like a good direction to me.

Im with you. I also find it kinda bizarre at all the negativity about this year's game. It's clearly the best version we've seen on the 360. I dont think it's perfect esp with the turnover issue and it is an issue but they are clearly headed in the right direction with this franchise. Cant argue with people saying that they want a finished product for their money but that's just not how it works. It's a great game and I really look forward to the best football game we've ever seen next year. I think this year was pretty damn close. Need to fix some of the issues and add all of the features from the older versions and spice up the presentation and they will be there. So headed in the right direction, Yes.; Are they there yet? No.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #27
Banned

EA got a lot of the major things right. On the field this game is very good. Is it perfect? No.. I think people nitpick way too much though. The major things this game got right by a longshot imo. Next year is going to be really good. I'm loving t his years madden though.... People are getting frustrated with things imo, instead of just playing the game. I saw all the things people were seeing, but I eventually just said screw it and just started playing the game. That was the best thing I ever did. A lot of the issues I've reduced instead of complaining about it by just adjusting and learning how to play the game. Next year is next year. Is this game perfect? Nope.... Is it headed in the right direction? hell yes.

Last edited by Walker8; 09-08-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #28
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

If the space-time continuum skipped 8 years and the last madden I played was on ps1 then I would say that I like the direction that EA is going. But the ps2 Madden years were too much fun for me not to be disappointed with the 360 direction.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:58 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
Seriously, guys, if you want to make a statement stop posting crap on this board and start NOT buying Madden on day 1 or day 2 like a bunch of Pavlovian puppets....

OS would be a great place for frustrated fans to organize a "We will not buy until X (say, 30) days after release, and then only if it is positively reviewed by a select group in our community" sort of thing...NOT a boycott, just a patient and intelligent, yet aggressive approach...

I have not bought a Madden since 05, thought I would this year until reading what you guys have said over the past several months...if anything, i will go get a used copy of 05...
It's what I did, and I've saved myself $60. Why can't more do this? Operant conditioning--the likely answer.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #30
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
I think a lot of the complaints are unjusified for the most part and people just don't know what they are doing.
Um yea ok....I guess we all just forgot how to play the game.

As far as the direction?? I don't even think EA knows what direction this game is headed.
I see folks saying EA got alot of things right this year?? but fail to mention how many things were wrong...and yes there are alot of things.
I also see "this is the best Madden since 05"....well,what is that really saying about this franchise?

To answer the question?? No....whatever direction this game is going,I don't like it,and haven't liked it for quite a while now.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #31
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
It's what I did, and I've saved myself $60. Why can't more do this? Operant conditioning--the likely answer.
I didn't buy myself. It seems many in the hardcore community did though. Interestingly there was no EA "we set another sales record" press release, which is surprising to me given the increase in the number of systems out there (across the board). I have friends that would be considered casual fans that did purchase the game, those that would've been considered fanatics in the PS2-era. Of the three that have it, 2 like it but has says the game has "issues". The other says it's issues are too steep and returned it for the PS2 version - and he's a new PS3 owner that really wanted the game to show off his new plasma.

What I wonder is will the casual fans be the ones making the stand the hardcore gamers refuse to make. While I feel EA is headed in the right direction, the problem is how long it's taken them to get on the right track. This year's game feels like it's what '06 should've been, or at the very least '07. And I think many EA titles have that stigma. It'll be interesting to see if Peter Moore is there to shake things up or if he's there to heighten the already high emphasis on hype they place into their games

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Um yea ok....I guess we all just forgot how to play the game.

As far as the direction?? I don't even think EA knows what direction this game is headed.
I see folks saying EA got alot of things right this year?? but fail to mention how many things were wrong...and yes there are alot of things.
I also see "this is the best Madden since 05"....well,what is that really saying about this franchise?

To answer the question?? No....whatever direction this game is going,I don't like it,and haven't liked it for quite a while now.
Sure thing CowerPower.. The Steelers have 2 ints and a recovered fumble in the 1st half. There have actually been 5 total fumbles in the 1st half. Let's petition the NFL and make them patch it.

Last edited by Walker8; 09-09-2007 at 03:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »