Home

Superstar Mode

This is a discussion on Superstar Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17
Superstar Mode

Does anyone even use this mode?

I like how they let you be a player out of 07's Draft Class...
Being the Gators fan that I am...I'm rolling with DeShawn Wynn...
All-Pro Default Sliders
1st handoff of his "new" career 78 yds down the sideline for a TD...proceeded to gain 57 more yds on his next 22 carries tho and no more TDs in a loss...33-28, daggum Eagles...

DeShawn Wynn..."Sweetness Version 2.0"

Anyway yeah I just was wonderin if anybody else was usin that mode...found it kinda fun this time around now that I can be out of the draft class
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Superstar Mode

If I had Madden, I would probably use it. Campus Legend on NCAA is a lot of fun so I would imagine Superstar is too.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #3
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

i am using it. created myself as a hb for the rams. its tough to run on the edge and some games i can carry for an avg of 4 yds, some games i can't. the only problem i have with the game is the short CPU scoring drives. they either score in 3-5 plays (sometimes less) or they punt. it would be nice if you could see a variety of possessions (not just SS mode, but in all modes period), where you have long scoring drives, drives that stall after going the length of the field, intermediate length drives,and drives that are of the 3 and out variety. its just not realistic to have the rams stop teams the way they do in SS mode. other than that i like it. the playcalling is vastly improved over last year and the supersim feature makes it easy to quickly play a game. i wish they allowed you to watch plays or series from the sideline like they do in NCAA CL mode. maybe they will add that option next year. overall, i like it and its a change of pace from being involved in every phase of the game inherent in play now and franchise mode.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

what level you playing on? Cuz maybe its that I suck a little more at Madden than NCAA but i play on all-pro and i have had the computer make some long drives...12 plays, 8 and then a punt...pretty normal stuff...hell i lost my first game with DeShawn Wynn by 5 to the Eagles (33-28)...but he had 22 carries for 133 yds and a TD...Giants gave me more problems they won by 3..and Wynn had 19 rushes for 63 tds and no TDs. (17-14)

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 09-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

I got two going, I created myself. I played WR and CB so I made 2 for those postions. WR is cool, blocking and making a few grabs here and there. Problem is getting seperation is darn near impossible.. Playing as CB is total other way around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2007, 04:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I tried to do Superstar with a created QB, but every time I do the QB drill, I'm up aainst the Bears D, and they're superhuman and shut me down so badly that I end up coming away with an OVR of 12 :/

I have another SS, a power halfback. I screwed up the bench press and came out 25 overall, but I gave it a go anyway, and in my third year, I'm now rated about 40, and can get some good short yardage runs. Hopefully, by my tenth year as a pro I'll be semi-good :P

What annoys me about the mode is that

a. I was drafted by the Jets. A 25 OVR halfback drafted, and now starting ahead of Thomas Jones and Leon Washington. They then signed Domanick Williams. And in my second year, they drafted another halfback, rated at 57OVER. And I still start.

b. The same emails every week. They may as well just omit emails entirely. Every week I'm told I'm a monster and add a whole new dimension to the offense. And then my mum tells me she's made my favourite meal and she's sorry I lost. Despite us winning.

c. The playcalling/QB intelligence. The number of times I get the same play called three times in a row is ridiculous. And Chad will overthrow receivers by a ton, despite supposedl being an accurate QB. And that's assuming he finds an open receiver, usually he waits 12 seconds till he gets sacked, or completely ignores the checkdown option and forces it into double coverage (admittedly, Cotchery has turned out to be a beast, but even he can't make every catch in traffic). The O-Line isn't up to scratch really either, but this may just be the Jets?

On the plus side, the camera angles are better this year.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #7
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

see, i play on pro with sliders from jt30 stacked more heavily in CPU's favor. and in my last game vs. the niners (rams) smith completed 62% of his passes, Gore ran for 97 yards and 1 TD, and Davis had 5 catches for 63 yards, Jackson had 4 catches for 88 yards, and i think Gore had a few catches for 15 - 25 yards (can't remember). i lost by 9. but the game was more balanced than the preseason games were. i btw ran for only 73 yards on 23 carries. the niners defense sacked bulger 4 times (not unrealistic considering the rams o line and the fact that pace is out (in my SS mode he went down with a oblique muscle tear). bulger completed 72% of his passes (most were dump offs to me or to dominique byrd who the CPU has subbing in for hedgecock who is also out. as far as playcalling goes, the only time i see the CPU repeat is when i'm in the red zone, they will usually call a dive with the fb lead blocking or they will call a slam or stretch play with wr's spread out. i think with madden the programming is such a mixed bag that some of us get games that are realistic and some of us don't. this at times is frustrating, but right now its entertaining. compared to last year its way better. i just hope that one day we get to the point where we can stop saying "compared to last year (which is usually terrible or just okay) it's better" and we can expect a great playing game every year. i highly doubt it as long as EA holds the NFL license, but you never know. anyway, just my 2 cents.

edit: i checked the scoring summary and there were a couple of scoring drives over 5 plays, so that was good. btw, vs. the niners i lost 29-20. also, i don't take control of the defense i let the CPU sim it.

pete

Last edited by pistonpete; 09-13-2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: forgot something

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »