Home

Old 09-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Record?

So.... Was there ever any word on whether EA plans to reset the record in the game? I do not like that they included the 07 record with your 08 record (had all kinds of router problems last year while playing 07). I have seen that EA is featuring it on some web site as your "lifetime" record, but i am not sure which site that is? Is there a way to reset it or is EA saying that their lazyness is a new "feature". Please let me know if there is any news on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
So.... Was there ever any word on whether EA plans to reset the record in the game? I do not like that they included the 07 record with your 08 record (had all kinds of router problems last year while playing 07). I have seen that EA is featuring it on some web site as your "lifetime" record, but i am not sure which site that is? Is there a way to reset it or is EA saying that their lazyness is a new "feature". Please let me know if there is any news on this.
I don't see what the problem is here. You can go in and view your record just for 08 or the lifetime record. Laziness doesn't apply here. It actually is something new that they're doing, and I kind of like it. Hell, I wish it could go back further to add to the lifetime record.

But to answer your question, no, you can't reset it unless you get a new gamertag. It is your lifetime record, and I'm guessing yours isn't that impressive since you seem to want to reset it.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

It's ok, like 50 and 50 or something, not too bad. Like I mentioned in my post, some losses/disconnects were due to router issues (much better now, bought new router) and others were due to how bad 07 was on 360. It was just real hard to like that game with the lack of defense and all so at times, I just stopped caring. While I do like the lifetime idea, I think it is more meant for something online (as you mentioned) as opposed to what your oppenents see in the matchup screen because it doesnt represent your skill for that individual game.

On another note, about the "other gamertag" thing. I had thought of that before and was wondering if MS and EA may be in bed together on this to get some dough for people wanting to start their online career over. Not saying that I am going that far, but maybe letting my account run out may be an option.

One last thing, what is that website where you can view your online record?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k

On another note, about the "other gamertag" thing. I had thought of that before and was wondering if MS and EA may be in bed together on this to get some dough for people wanting to start their online career over.

One last thing, what is that website where you can view your online record?
What difference would it make if people wanted to let their current gamertag run out to create a new one? They're still getting $50 per year per user. The whole "EA and MS are in bed together" argument is getting so old and tired.

The website is www.easportsworld.com but all the Madden stuff is down at the moment. You can also view your record in-game, both overall and just for 08.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

nice, I didn't know you could do that in game, I am guessing at the stats section or something. I guess I will just let my gamertag run out, I think it's up in Feb or something. I just wish they would have reset everything THIS year before adding this new "feature".
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »