Home

The Crusade to get EA to Fix Madden 08

This is a discussion on The Crusade to get EA to Fix Madden 08 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Crusade to get EA to Fix Madden 08

Alright guys, I've been doing this on the EA forums, and at digitalsportsmania.com (formerly maddenmania.com)...and I've been getting pretty good feedback...so I want to bring the people over at this forum into the fold too. All I ask, is that you follow one of the two links below, to get acquainted with what I've been doing, and what I've found out so far...and then give me feedback here as to what issues, glitches, errors, and complaints with the game...so I can relay them to the EA rep I've been speaking with. I finally found one who gives me responses that aren't your run of the mill, generic, bottled response. All I ask, is that you present your issues in a neat, and tidy manner...and be professional about it. Just make sure you're as detailed as possible with the situation the error occured, or what would lead up to the freeze...or whatever your issue is. Please make sure it's a valid complaint...and not just little nitpicking. It has mostly been focused on the Next Gen systems, as they seem to have the most problems. Make sure you specify what system you're having the issue with. Again, I thank you all in advance for your help...and hope to hear from you guys soon.

EA Forum Post: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....hreadID=276630

DigitalSportsMania.com Post: http://www.digitalsportsmania.com/fo...69#post2730069
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Crusade to get EA to Fix Madden 08

(I am picking up where I left off in the other threads on the other 2 boards. Read my previous posts on those boards, to catch up to this new post. Thank You.)

Alright, another response from EA...

"Response (GM Petrucchio) 09/17/2007 11:56 AM

Hello,
The truth is that at this point I really don't have any information about what may or may not be correctable with a patch. As I mentioned in my last reply I'm going to send up a full report on the roster/free agency issue later today along with a number of these issues which have been addressed. Out of all of these problems, assuming they are all valid, the only one that would be treated as a "critical" error would be the roster/free agency issue. I would anticipate that that will receive a higher priority than these other issues, but I really don't have any specific information at this time.

Sincerely,
EARepWalsh
Player Relations
Electronic Arts"
Old 09-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Hello,
The truth is that at this point I really don't have any information about what may or may not be correctable with a patch. As I mentioned in my last reply I'm going to send up a full report on the roster/free agency issue later today along with a number of these issues which have been addressed. Out of all of these problems, assuming they are all valid, the only one that would be treated as a "critical" error would be the roster/free agency issue. I would anticipate that that will receive a higher priority than these other issues, but I really don't have any specific information at this time.

Sincerely,
EARepWalsh
Player Relations
Electronic Arts"[/quote]

wow, sounds like a response from a White House spokesperson

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Have you asked him about the supposed higher turnover issue reported by others by hyperkinectic db's and lb's?

Also, X2 reported interception bug on franchise stats.

Last edited by roadman; 09-17-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Have you asked him about the supposed higher turnover issue reported by others by hyperkinectic db's and lb's?

Also, X2 reported interception bug on franchise stats.
If you go back and read those links he posted, he asked about those. According to the EA rep, those aren't high priority enough to look at fixing right now. I hate to say it, but I kind of agree with that assessment. Right now, to the average person, the game is still playable. None of those problems prevent you from actually being able to play a game. The Free Agency/Roster problem is one though that can stop a franchise mode dead in its tracks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I appriciate the effort indy I also sent a letter in. I got a response today basically saying he tested out the free agent problem and INT stat problem himself and said I was right, and he contacted the Dev. Team, and he said they are aware of it and are trying to get a patch out as soon as possible.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by springs
I appriciate the effort indy I also sent a letter in. I got a response today basically saying he tested out the free agent problem and INT stat problem himself and said I was right, and he contacted the Dev. Team, and he said they are aware of it and are trying to get a patch out as soon as possible.
This is really the only thing that is keeping me from playing the franchise mode...
Old 09-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
If you go back and read those links he posted, he asked about those. According to the EA rep, those aren't high priority enough to look at fixing right now. I hate to say it, but I kind of agree with that assessment. Right now, to the average person, the game is still playable. None of those problems prevent you from actually being able to play a game. The Free Agency/Roster problem is one though that can stop a franchise mode dead in its tracks.
Yeah, I hear ya, I haven't played Madden in three weeks because the 360 is in the shop. My only issue with TO's is most of them seem to be returned for 6.

The Int issue in franchise and the freezing issue is what I was mostly concerned with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »