Home

Madden 08 patch solve some problems????

This is a discussion on Madden 08 patch solve some problems???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Madden 08 patch solve some problems????

A very simple question.
If you have xbox360 and have downloaded the patch for Madden 08 can you tell us if the patch can solve some problems (fumbles,INT...) or not?
Please don't base your considerations only after one game played, but if you have played some complete games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 08 patch solve some problems????

no..online bs fix
Old 09-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #3
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

I did notice that after that "patch" my players are running different. they aren't running like they were before, but idn maybe thats me but i see a change in that.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
Banned

arichzona's Arena

To me it is playing different. It is hard to put my finger on what it is but there is a different "feel."

I have put in 11 games now and the fumbling rate seems cut to me. Others will say it is BS but I have not turned off the game @ halftime since the update. We have been trained to see the hit, or animatioms coming that seem to yeild fumbles on a regular basis - but the fumble part never happens.

Still seeing the cpu toss some stupid picks for 6. BUT. I am playing the game again so in essence, the "update" must have done something.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
To me it is playing different. It is hard to put my finger on what it is but there is a different "feel."

I have put in 11 games now and the fumbling rate seems cut to me. Others will say it is BS but I have not turned off the game @ halftime since the update. We have been trained to see the hit, or animatioms coming that seem to yeild fumbles on a regular basis - but the fumble part never happens.

Still seeing the cpu toss some stupid picks for 6. BUT. I am playing the game again so in essence, the "update" must have done something.
Placebo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #6
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMonroy
Placebo.
Disagree man. That is the first thing I always take into consideration with anything that claims to be new, improved, etc. My last six games before the update I saw 14 fumbles. I have played 11 since the update and seen four. I have adjusted nothing and am playing the same way.

If that is placebo as you claim - let it continue.

If it is anything besides some sort of "solution" - it is coincidence, not placebo.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

EA have been working around the clock to have gnomes sprinkle magic fairy dust on everyone's copy so now all is warm and fuzzy.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
Disagree man. That is the first thing I always take into consideration with anything that claims to be new, improved, etc. My last six games before the update I saw 14 fumbles. I have played 11 since the update and seen four. I have adjusted nothing and am playing the same way.

If that is placebo as you claim - let it continue.

If it is anything besides some sort of "solution" - it is coincidence, not placebo.
I did not have any problems with fumbles before the patch, just those damn interceptions that both I and the CPU were throwing!!! If those aren¨t toned down I am a little dissapointed I must say.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »