Home

Everyone make a stand Post here

This is a discussion on Everyone make a stand Post here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Everyone make a stand Post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Although the BBB doesn't have the power to make EA do anything they do serve a purpose. There are quite a few companies out there that simply won't do business with a company that isn't held in BBB's highest reguard. In the end it may just cost EA a sponsorship or two down the road, reguardless of their deep pockets.

There is no price line, high or low, that BBB won't address this is exactly what they are there for. Do you realize that if it wasn't for the BBB EA would have never made a patch for Tiger Woods. They have prompt EA to do things in the past.

A Class Action law suit for a 14 dollar cell phone had their paper trail started with a message board just like this and the BBB complaints. Most of us might think a 14 dollar cell phone isn't worth our time but those phones were all replaced and results ensued because of it.

The BBB complaints also backed up a Class Action lawsuit for a 15.95 charge that one of the credit bureaus put on peoples credit cards for purchasing their reports on a re-occuring monthly basis. 15.95 thats it and the people won.

Maybe a few of you guys shouldn't bother telling us that you think its not worth the time and effort because you're simply in the minority. Ultimately the ones with issues actually have proof positive results and prior cases to refer back to that more than substantiate our actions. We can actually back up our decision to take action where as you don't have a leg to stand on with your "it doesn't matter" "no one will listen" "EA doesn't care" stance. Results have ensued for far cheaper far more insignificant products and the BBB is right there to help the public out any way they can.

I guess some of you guys just have no clue as to what the BBB is for.
Obviously, you didn't read my first post in here.

I went back and forth twice with the BBB and the company I had a dispute with and all the BBB did was mediate back and forth. You only get two chances to tell your story. If the company stands firm behind their story, the BBB backs off. Several weeks later the company I had a dispute with filed for bankruptcy.

Not all BBB stories have a happy ending, either. This is based off personal experience.

There are better ways to get a companies attention.

Like a poster said above, I don't go looking up on the internet if I should buy software that my children want or ask for. If my daughter wants the Sims for xmas, I'll go out and get the Sims. I would think I'm in the majority for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Although the BBB doesn't have the power to make EA do anything they do serve a purpose. There are quite a few companies out there that simply won't do business with a company that isn't held in BBB's highest reguard. In the end it may just cost EA a sponsorship or two down the road, reguardless of their deep pockets.

There is no price line, high or low, that BBB won't address this is exactly what they are there for. Do you realize that if it wasn't for the BBB EA would have never made a patch for Tiger Woods. They have prompt EA to do things in the past.

A Class Action law suit for a 14 dollar cell phone had their paper trail started with a message board just like this and the BBB complaints. Most of us might think a 14 dollar cell phone isn't worth our time but those phones were all replaced and results ensued because of it.

The BBB complaints also backed up a Class Action lawsuit for a 15.95 charge that one of the credit bureaus put on peoples credit cards for purchasing their reports on a re-occuring monthly basis. 15.95 thats it and the people won.

Maybe a few of you guys shouldn't bother telling us that you think its not worth the time and effort because you're simply in the minority. Ultimately the ones with issues actually have proof positive results and prior cases to refer back to that more than substantiate our actions. We can actually back up our decision to take action where as you don't have a leg to stand on with your "it doesn't matter" "no one will listen" "EA doesn't care" stance. Results have ensued for far cheaper far more insignificant products and the BBB is right there to help the public out any way they can.

I guess some of you guys just have no clue as to what the BBB is for.
I guess it is your time that you're spending and not mine but if you think there are going to be sponsors pulling out over this I think you are mistaken. For them its about exposure, and the complaints in this post is about playability. Do you think that Snickers is going to say no to the exposure of having advertisements in 7 million households because one half of one one thousandth of the consumers that bought the game wrote to the BBB?

I am confused with the mention of the BBB people being in the majority. 443 complaints and 1.8 million copies sold (just in the first three days) I'm not a math guy but last I checked 443 is less than 1.8.

But again, I think its a noble cause I just really think energy and time can be spent elsewhere. I like the suggestion of the person that mentioned contacting the NFL.

Last edited by cam780; 09-22-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #27
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Obviously, you didn't read my first post in here.

I went back and forth twice with the BBB and the company I had a dispute with and all the BBB did was mediate back and forth. You only get two chances to tell your story. If the company stands firm behind their story, the BBB backs off. Several weeks later the company I had a dispute with filed for bankruptcy.

Not all BBB stories have a happy ending, either. This is based off personal experience.

There are better ways to get a companies attention.

Like a poster said above, I don't go looking up on the internet if I should buy software that my children want or ask for. If my daughter wants the Sims for xmas, I'll go out and get the Sims. I would think I'm in the majority for that.
Well its one thing if one person has a problem and the company stands behind their story and another if a few thousand do it, or a few hundred. A cumulative effort always gets more. I've worked thru the BBB on both sides of being a consumer and being a place of business and had good and bad experiences both ways.

I never said the BBB was failsafe or would make the almighty difference but its a legal avenue designed to keep tabs of businesses of all nature. Just because your effort failed doesn't mean our will, and so far it hasn't.

As of right now the BBB is one of the two avenues that have actually gotten a response from EA, so the other ways you are eluding to have actually gotten nowhere, where as the BBB has at least garnered some results form EA at some point in the past. Thats a fact and cannot be disputed.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #28
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I guess it is your time that you're spending and not mine but if you think there are going to be sponsors pulling out over this I think you are mistaken. For them its about exposure, and the complaints in this post is about playability. Do you think that Snickers is going to say no to the exposure of having advertisements in 7 million households because one half of one one thousandth of the consumers that bought the game wrote to the BBB?

I am confused with the mention of the BBB people being in the majority. 443 complaints and 1.8 million copies sold (just in the first three days) I'm not a math guy but last I checked 443 is less than 1.8.
I mean the majority of the people that aren't happy with the game support and applaud the efforts of others to pursue the BBB as a viable way of seeking resolution vs. the people that think its a waste of time. I didn't say most of the people that bought the game complained to the BBB.

There are companies that have lost sponsorships due to the BBB standings. Just an example off the top of my head. Stanley Steemer was dropped by the Cowboys as a sponsorship due to negative BBB feedback. Staples pulled their sponsorship from SA speedway in San Antonio for negative BBB feedback. I'm not saying its going to happen but it could. My point is that it has cost companies sponsorships in the past. Some companies use the BBB exclusively as a gauge for consumer satisfaction vs. a bias review from a magazine (that collects loads of advertising from that company).

Last edited by RumbleCard; 09-22-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:

As of right now the BBB is one of the two avenues that have actually gotten a response from EA, so the other ways you are eluding to have actually gotten nowhere, where as the BBB has at least garnered some results form EA at some point in the past. Thats a fact and cannot be disputed.

That's interesting.

Never before have I've heard the BBB influenced EA one way or another with Madden. When was this? I believe you, but just never heard of this.

EA was going to deliver a patch because people complained to EA about the franchise problems before the BBB got involved for this years Madden.

That's another way to get action is to fill up EA's email boxes with complaints or ride on the backs of the community leaders.

That produced results also, as the developers were not aware of this problem.

That's why I think it's in the customers best interest to wait until the patch is delivered before jumping the gun on the BBB. If 443 of those complaints fix the issue people had with franchise errors with a patch, case closed and EA looks good repairing the issue, don't they?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #30
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

Quote:
That's interesting.

Never before have I've heard the BBB influenced EA one way or another with Madden. When was this? I believe you, but just never heard of this.

EA was going to deliver a patch because people complained to EA about the franchise problems before the BBB got involved for this years Madden.

That's another way to get action is to fill up EA's email boxes with complaints or ride on the backs of the community leaders.

That produced results also, as the developers were not aware of this problem.

That's why I think it's in the customers best interest to wait until the patch is delivered before jumping the gun on the BBB. If 443 of those complaints fix the issue people had with franchise errors with a patch, case closed and EA looks good repairing the issue, don't they?
Let me clarify, it was a patch for Tiger Woods that was prompted by the growing BBB complaints. The patch specifically addressed issues that were reported to the BBB. So far nothing for Madden but I do believe at some point we'll see results.

I'll be the first to admit I was one of the ones that made the mistake and bought the hype and purchased 08. I won't make that same mistake next year until I read on the message boards a few of the real reviews to see if the problems have been fixed.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Let me clarify, it was a patch for Tiger Woods that was prompted by the growing BBB complaints. The patch specifically addressed issues that were reported to the BBB. So far nothing for Madden but I do believe at some point we'll see results.

I'll be the first to admit I was one of the ones that made the mistake and bought the hype and purchased 08. I won't make that same mistake next year until I read on the message boards a few of the real reviews to see if the problems have been fixed.
Ok, thanks for clarifying.

I'll wait till the patch arrives before I make any preliminary decisions regarding future Madden purchases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #32
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I'll wait till the patch arrives before I make any preliminary decisions regarding future Madden purchases.
I agree with this to an extent. I will still probably purchase the game,but it won't be on the first day (midnight release) anymore.
The past couple of years have left a real bad taste in my mouth regarding this franchise.
I'll just wait it out,check RELIABLE reviews,and if there's still any doubt,I'll rent it first.
This year was the last straw for me.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »