Home

Madden 09 Wish List *OFFICIAL*

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Wish List *OFFICIAL* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #9
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden 2009 Wish List Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
- SLOW THE GAME DOWN. I cannot come to grips with how fast this game moves.

- Overhaul the presentation; the only statistical overlay is that Under Armour red zone thing. No cutscenes or any sort of post play anything as best as I've noticed other than the occasional TD fist pump, and I've not seen an instant replay. The radio guy needs to go; bring back Madden and Michaels (and don't recycle the Madden current-gen commentary).

- Overhaul franchise mode; hide player ratings (use weapon icons, player scouting reports, and in-game performance for user to determine how good a player is), add larger preseason rosters and force preseason roster cutdowns, improve CPU personnel management, and more stuff I haven't thought of...
I hope they don't bring back madden and michaels. They were horrible. Also, I don't think they can use them since they work for NBC and EA has an agreement with ESPN. And if they use the MNF crew, I seriously doubt I'll play the game (I HATE Ron Jaworski - he's a complete idiot). I would be okay with no announcer if they developed a really good on the field presentation. If they are going to go with announcers, less is more. Hearing the same long, drawn out phrases from an analyst gets real old. Madden, Corso, and the guy from 2k5 all get real annoying real fast. I would say stick with just a play-by-play guy, but get rid of the radio presentation of it. And get a better announcer. And don't make him a homer.

And I couldn't disagree more with hiding player ratings. We don't have a month of training to evaluate how good a player is. I would say maybe get rid of the overall rating, or change it to a less specific letter grade, but don't hide them. I think they do need to overhaul the preseason though. When I play a preseason game, starters for the cpu sometimes play the whole game (1st half as a starter, 2nd half rotating in as second string). And I don't have to make any cuts, so there really isn't too much reason for me to play the game to evaluate lower level talent.

Last edited by DonkeyJote; 09-23-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #10
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

If the MNF Team is used AND the commentary is as great as NBA Live is; then it would work perfectly.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #11
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

My wishlist is entirely related to the franchise mode, and I'd like to see all of the features from the last-gen engine implemented into the next-gen version. I know time is limited, so here is a condensed list:

- Rookie work-outs prior to the draft.
The last-gen version only gives us the opportunity to perform 8 workouts; not nearly enough. I'd like to see this feature added to the next-gen game and it would be nice if we could perform atleast 25 workouts.

-Owner Mode
I'd like to be able to manipulate ticket/food/parking prices, make stadium upgrades, and be held responsible for the financial progress of the organization. Please bring this back in it's totality.

- Custom Playbooks
Created plays, created formations, and the ability to select whatever existing plays we'd like to add to our own.

- Morale
I'd like to see this have a bigger impact on each player and the team as a whole. Unhappy players should see a deduction in their ratings, and if they get to a point of extreme dis-content, it should start to effect the entire team. The last-gen dev-team added "team distraction" this year, but the "team distraction" doesn't seem to impact the team very much. Hopefully the next-gen dev-team can expand on this.

- Practice Mode.
I don't know why this was ever removed.

- Weekly Gameplan.
A breakdown of your upcoming opponents favorite plays and playcalling tendencies.

- Weekly Newspaper (Local and National)
A central news hub of all of the league news.

- Pre Season training camp.
Gives us a chance to get a look at our new aquisitions and also gives us an opportunity to improve a certain amount of players.

A few things I'd like to see fixed

- Progress during the pre-season.
Can you please enable progression for the pre-season? Without the possibility for players to progress there isn't much of a reason to play the pre-season games.

-Position Changes
Please allow us to change a players position again.

- In-season scouting
Needs to be reworked because this year the scouting report didn't reveal any new information.

- Simulated Statistics
Please make them more accurate, currently they do not reflect that of an NFL season.

- Draft Logic
As it is now teams tend to take the highest rated player available (in my first season the chargers drafted a HB with their 1st-round pick, yikes!), the draft A.I. should be tuned so that teams draft players based on need.

- A Progression system that isn't totally dependant on performance.
Obviously a player should improve if he puts up good numbers, and a player should regress if he stinks up the field. But a rookie QB who doesn't play for the 1st couple of years should still be able to progress even though he hasn't thrown a pass. Basically, younger players should still be able to improve even though they may make mistakes because younger players are usually able to learn from those mistakes.

I could go on, but those items are what immediately come to mind. Please PM me if you'd like for me to go into further detail.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 09-24-2007 at 10:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #12
Rookie

straylight3's Arena

OVR: 3

I want some kind of no huddle system. Maybe like call your next 5 plays at once, then no huddle until you are done with those 5 plays and call 5 more plays and so on.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:19 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I won't post everything, because most of it has been said, but here's one:

CPU offense needs to be completely re-done. Teams have maybe 100 plays in their playbooks? Well why does the CPU only use about 20, maybe less during the game?

CPU QB's suck. Plain and simple. The passing is so unrealistic. You never see the CPU complete well timed routes or anything, usually it's just some bull**** catch in front of your DB or a screen or pass into the flat. They never attack you deep, they never try to expose you if you keep calling the same plays, and no, the Smart QB weapon doesn't help at all really.

CPU running: Sucks. There's no good runblocking, the CPU runningback never looks to cut it back, I drop their runningbacks for a loss every time on toss plays, and the list goes on.

And overall, stop making the CPU cheat to win. I just played a game and the game basically forced me to throw interceptions. Madden shouldn't have to do that. I make enough mistakes that SHOULD be picked off but aren't, their either dropped or something else happened. But then when I make a good decision, the CPU makes some superhuman play to pick it off. It's ridiculous. I want to feel like I'm in control of my offense, not the CPU.

Fix franchise mode, 'nuff said.

Presentation.

Oh, and progression at the end of the season. If some 74 OVR guy catches 90 passes in a season (this is just an example) he will maybe go up 1 or 2 points to a 76 or so. But if it was a new Madden coming out, he would be an 85-90. I'm not saying that every player that out plays his ratings should be boosted 10 points, but, some players should.

And defensive players need to progress as well as offensive players. Tackles should help a player progress. Sometimes I'll see a guy get 150 tackles, 3 picks and like 5 sacks in a season and he'll progress like 1 point. Come on. I want the ability to draft the next Ray Lewis. If I draft a linebacker, the highest he will ever probably get is 85 overall.

Last edited by boxcarracer2552; 09-23-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #14
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

For cryin out loud...........FIX the lame duck challenge system. This is a complete and utter joke...give me the option of WHAT I want to challenge.
Example....I throw a pass,receiver gets clocked (I never had possession) the ball falls harmlessly to the ground (should be an incomplete pass)........but wait,what's this?? The announcer yells "FUMBLE"...the cpu recovers...I then see the replay,my receiver CLEARLY never had possession,so I go to challenge the call.......what are my options?? "challenge fumble"??WTF!! It should have NEVER been called a fumble in the first place. I wanted to challenge the catch! but with this "so-called" challenge system you can't.

My other gripe is purely cosmetic......EA/Tiburon..when is the last time you seen the Steelers single number on the SIDE of the helmet stripe?? Here let me help you....NEVER,it goes ON the stripe....you've had it this way for as long as I can remember,and its WRONG! I seem to understand you have all these rights to anything NFL now (perks of the license)....there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for you to have ANY of the NFL uni's incorrect!

Here EA/TIBURON.....this is how it's SUPPOSED to look. Notice where the #7 is located?? It's NOT on the side of the stripe....it's ON it.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 09-23-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

A lot of good stuff mentioned already. For me, fix the presentation so we get some stat overlays. I mean, if I throw a touchdown pass with Rex Grossman in a Franchise game, how about a little pop-up window or something that shows how many touchdowns he has in my current season.

Also, please GET RID OF THE 'JUMP THE SNAP' feature. I'm speaking strictly from the AI perspective. It is so overused and overdone. I have to lower offsides and false starts penalty sliders to keep from things getting out of hand. Just lose it. It's cheap and pathetic.

Slow the gameplay down. At times, it's more like a game of pinball then simulation football. I honestly believe the series is becoming more and more like NFL Blitz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #16
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

1. Some type of atmosphere. I was a PR guy in the NFL for 3 years and on-field atmosphere is much, much better than in this game. Since you had 3 years to get the on-field atmosphere right and can't get it done, I humbly suggest you try switching to broadcast atmosphere (and presentation).

2. A decent challenge system.

3. CPU vs. CPU

4. Multiple camera angles.

5. A tournament/playoff mode.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »