Home

Madden 09 Wish List *OFFICIAL*

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Wish List *OFFICIAL* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: *OFFICIAL* Madden 2009 Wish List

I honestly believe for this game to ever take the next step EA needs to stop beating a dead horse and make a new engine designed for the next gen consoles. while that doesn't seem likely here are what through my observations needs to be fixed.

1. QB LOGIC-both for the computer and human. how can the human computer logic need to be fixed when we are the ones controlling the qb? well what i mean is when i have a receiver streaking down field and the corner back is stuck chasing him on the inside of the field when i lob the ball up the ball should automatically be headed to the receivers outside shoulder, so instead of seeing the corner backs go into that ridiculous never seen in a real NFL game animation where they are able to jump higher then Michael Jordan while running full speed and swat the ball down i want to see a play made by the receiver or an overthrown ball. thats what happens in the NFL and it should happen in the game.

the computer needs to actually read the defense correctly, and read the defense as fast as a real human would. its very annoying to watch the computer controlled teams qb have 5 seconds to throw with the default settings while i only have 3 to 4 seconds. its even more annoying to see the computer controlled qb have only 3-4 with slider adjustments and not be able to read the defense fast enough. also they need to throw the ball away when nothing is there not just stand there until they get sacked.

2. Defensive AI- the biggest game killer for me is all of the cheating ai EA has to make offense more difficult. I cant stand seeing the corner back covering my receiver on a streak stop turn around and jump the route my TE is running underneath the deep route uncovered!!! in that case i won the chess match my play worked against the defense called i should be rewarded with the completion not throwing the controller down in disgust knowing i was screwed.

the defense also shouldn't know what play i'm calling coming out of the huddle. i was just playing a game where i was in 4-5 wide all half and didnt run the ball more than twice. so with about 1:30 left in the half i decide to actually try to and use a little strategy and call a draw out of my 4 wide set. sadly the defense knew my play and came out in a 4-3 leaving two receivers uncovered. ok no problem i audible to a pass play and the defense goes into dime, great audible back to the run and they back to 4-3, now thats just cheap.

next there should be no 5 yard lateral leaps by a stationary linebacker to intercept a pass i just threw to cutting receiver. instead the ai should work on a human type level of course if the ai isnt making these crazy interceptions alot of people are gonna be lighting up the scoreboard right?? well if they stopped penalizing you for throwing the correct pass and started have the defense make the plays they should that would be fixed. i wanna see more balls tipped at the line, tipped by a linebacker im trying to throw over, not intercepted if i see i ball tipped up by a defensive lineman then intercepted as it falls, i would not have any problem with that, instead i see a linebacker make a super human reaction to a perfectly thrown ball and slide 5 feet without actually taking a step to intercept my pass.

Deep Ball improvements- im so sick of seeing the one handed super no look tip by the DB's. make these passes realistic have the corner and receiver lock up and make contact, have them both jump for the ball. if its randy moss against David Barret and Brady threw the pass it should be complete 99 times out of 100. this also goes back to the qb logic. if my reciever is running a flag route, and a safety is in coverage on him i want to see the receiver make his cut and if the safety is to the inside and i throw the ball up on the cut the ball should be traveling to the receivers shoulder farthest from the safety and therefore making the play a completion or an overthrown ball.

Line Play- the line needs to form a pocket in pass plays. the line battle needs to be more realistic. instead of seeing a speed rusher run up to my tackle and make a spin move every play i would like to see the end try to get around my tackle as we see every sunday. i dont want to see an cut blocks by any lineman. cut blocks hardly every happen especially on pass plays. quarterbacks should be rewarded for stepping up into the pocket with some extra time to throw, if you drop back to far the ends should be able to run right around the tackles and have a free shot at the qb.

thats all i have for now there is so much more but i don't feel like typing anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

When the game is over, let me quit the damn game. I don't care about Marshall Faulk. I don't care about ring progress, and I definitely don't care about the trophys. I don't need to wait 10 seconds to press A every time the ring progress or trophies pop up.

I pretty much agree with everything else.

One more thing, I'd like to be able to be a kicker in superstar mode.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 16

It may be just me, but I think the players are too big for the field. When I'm watching the NFL, a six yard run looks like a ten yard run in Madden.
But hey, thats probably just me.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
It may be just me, but I think the players are too big for the field. When I'm watching the NFL, a six yard run looks like a ten yard run in Madden.
But hey, thats probably just me.
i think your right or the players steps cover to much ground. this is noticeable on flag routes when the the route is ran to the side of the formation closest to the sideline. even if you throw the ball right on the break the player usually runs out of bounds before the ball gets there. so either the players are too big or their steps are to large or both, but players do cover more ground then they should.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #45
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

here's a 'cure-all'

give us a GLOBAL player editor......ie.....DB catch rating too high?...ramp them all down at one time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #46
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

Add the practice squad to the roster, get rid of position requirements, and make injured reserve players not take up a roster spot. I'm so sick of having 4-5 players on each team in the free agent pool.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #47
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

• Implement a tier defensive play calling system. Front(3-4, 4-3... over, under, ect.) - Blitzes & Stunts - Coverage. This way I can combine them as I see fit, and it naturally expands the defensive playbook without adding a single play. As it is, we are stuck with certain blitzes & stunts if we want certaint coverages.

• Change the fake snap mechanic. Instead of making the screen jump(Whose idea was that?), have the QB flinch(move head & shoulders) & use voice inflection. To complement that, have the QB flinch & use voice inflection on actual snaps. But having the screen jump looks quite silly.

• I should've wrote the user's name down, but someone had a great idea for no-huddle offense. Let us call a few plays in the huddle when we plan to us the no-huddle offense. Someone else mentioned making the entire playbook available when audibling. Not sure how that would be done but something has to be done to improve the no-huddle offense. Having only 5 plays to choose from sucks.

• Refs, chain gangs, FG nets, announcers, active sidelines, sideline teammates with the same uniform, ect. Basically, improve the presentation.

• Elimate the psychic DBs. Find a better way to improve defensive AI.

• Elimate meters. Let us rely on player models & timing for FGs. Direction could work similar to lead passing.

• Better line interaction:
    -Double teaming nose-guards(against 3-4) on all runs up the middle.
    -Traps where the playside lineman doesn't block the d-lineman we want to trap.
    -Leaving the LB for the FB to block on leads while the guard double teams a DL.
    -Mobile blocks. IRL, defenders flow towards the play, even while being blocked. If you watch an outside run, almost the entire OL & defensive front flow towards the play so that often, the RB cuts into a hole on outside zones & tosses. Mo Lewis of the Jets was the master at taking on a block with his inside shoulder and stringing plays to the sidelines. As it stands in Madden, once engaged, you're stuck in mud until you defeat the block.

• Add some defensive moves. Reggie White's hump move, speed rushes, bull rushes that actually work. This is probably related to line interaction since the reason there's no speed rush is that there's no mobility in blocks once players engage.

Again, maybe instead of buttons, there could be isomotion/freestyle type control.

As it stands, defense is still boring, especially when controlling d-linemen. I want to be able to combine moves... speed rush then hump to the inside for example.

• Please, allow pockets to form around QBs. This is probably another thing tied to bad blocking interaction since the rease pockets don't form is because DEs get stuck in mud as soon as they engage with OTs. What I'll call "Sticky Blocking" eliminates a lot from this game.

• Change the line interaction on goal line & short yardage runs. Implement the low man wins type interaction. Creat piles. Sometimes I feel helpless on goal line defense.

• Formation Subs for offense, defense & special teams. And allow us to put anyone anywhere. Yeah, I know. Some folks will try to cheese. But if you do the ratings right, they won't be able to cheese much. I don't see anything wrong with someone putting a WR at LB as long as he's limited to his skill set. The Patriots have proven that some teams will try some unusual things.

• Let us select jerseys & pants separately, and include all know jerseys & pants. That way, if a team uses a combination they haven't used before, it's there. The Titans come to mind.

• Ability to motion more than one player. Not only is this common in the NFL, it will allow for penalties that we actually control if we don't let the 1st player set before motioning the 2nd or let both set if we move them simultaneously.

• Add pre-snap defensive movement. LBs moving up to blitz then backing off, SS moving down in the box, CBs pressing & bailing.

• Automatically line my SS up on the strong side. So instead of the Swap Safety option being left & right, it will be an option to put the SS on the weak side.

• Instead of juke & spin buttons, implement an isomotion/freestyle system. Leave the buttons for things like shoulder charges, covering up the ball, stiff arms, ect.

And get rid of the auot move(forget the name of it). If I need that extra yard to get a first down, I don't want my scat back juking.

• Have Sim & Arcade modes. "Fun" means different things to different people. Some of us find fun in realism. Some find fun in the arcadey stuff. Instead of forcing your "fun factor" on those of us looking for realism, give us a separate mode.

• Tighten up & expand the gang tackling. Not every "gang" tackle is one man holding on while another comes to "clean up". Sometimes it takes 3+ players to bring a back down(what you call 3-man tackles are more like one man missing, then one holding on, then one cleaning up... 2-man tackle after a broken tackle). And sometimes he doesn't go down before the refs blow the whistle.

And fix the clean up hits. They happen too fast as if frames are missing and/or the ball carrier loses all strength.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 7

it appears that my original acct has disappeared.. well at least at work.

ok here are my wishes..

take everything you done so far on next gen and burn it..
take all the things in APF 2k8, copy it, steal it.. bribe for it.. like the interactive sidelines, Oline/Dline interaction, DLine actually fighting thru and REACHING for the ball carrier / QB.. the ESPN interaction ala 2k5 and improve on it..

Take the graphics and physics from backbreaker.. steal it.. buy the dang thing do something and use them for next gen..

oh yeah.. take everything from past gen.. and bring it wid ya to next gen DUUH!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »