Home

Madden 09 Wish List *OFFICIAL*

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Wish List *OFFICIAL* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Icon6 Madden 09 Wish List *OFFICIAL*

I am somewhat bothered that a thread like this has not been made yet. Yes this deserves a sticky so MODS please take care of this for the good of EVERYONE.

1. Formation Depth Charts: I should have the option of ALWAYS having Reggie in the I-Form and Deuce in the Singleback without ALWAYS having to change the package. I did hear that this might make the game next year so we should be fine.

2. The ability to make a diving save when punting the ball and the ball is entering the end zone. Currently the most I can do is swat the ball and "hope" that it goes the opposite direction. Diving saves would definitely make for some good field positioning football.

3. Offensive Line Blocking Commands: No idea why this was ever taken out.

4. Please eliminate all chances of nano-blitzing. The game has been Provolone Prone since it was made; there was to be a time where Madden will move to a more sim-style game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 2009 Wish List Thread

1. Less Turnovers

2. More Camera Angles

3. 3-4 Man Gang Tackles

4. Commentary [ No Radio Man ]
Old 09-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

CPU QBs need to get smarter, they need to go for long balls (they throw the ball way too early so receivers cant get anywhere)

More Realistic DBs, Safeties, LBs on pass plays

CPU needs to challenge...

Better CPU punting, the cpu always kicks it down the middle of the field

Fix the FA list when you waive a player

fix all the player stuff when you edit them
Old 09-23-2007, 02:10 PM   #4
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

1. Camera Angles; there is no reason we shouldn't have the option to change the view. I was looking for Madden Classic or something that is more zoomed out from the line of scrimmege.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

take out smart weapon

tell us what the sliders actually do

accelerated clocks

more realistic football, more low scoring games

realistic stats in simulated games

make everything realistic

make it harder to get max kick power

Last edited by Munkey; 09-23-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #6
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

1. Offensive line commands. More than just slide protection. Add double teams. Big defensive tackles should take up more than one offensive lineman most of the time.

2. Formation subs. I only use them for special teams, but that is important. Others use them for offense, and while packages can do the same thing, if they want formation subs back in the game, I don't see why not.

3. More vertical passing game for the cpu. This would reduce cpu completion % and they would actually throw deep occasionaly (this one could really backfire for us though)

4. Add holder to the depth chart. Very few teams actually use their backup qb to hold, haven't for years, yet every year this is what we get.

5. In the kicking game (and shotgun for that matter) make the snap a factor. With a weak snapper you can (occasionally - important not to overdue it) have a bad snap on shotgun/field goals/punts.

6. Bring the accelerated clock back.

7. More uniforms out of the box. There's only one team in this game with alternate away uniforms.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

T.V. style presentation, rather than the radio thing.

A better interface when managing your team - take the xbox one and use it for 360, it's a lot easier

Ability to save mid-game and resume in 360 version (again like the xbox version)

Accelerated clock in 360 (once again, like xbox....)

http://www.capsblueline.com
Old 09-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

- SLOW THE GAME DOWN. I cannot come to grips with how fast this game moves.

- Overhaul the presentation; the only statistical overlay is that Under Armour red zone thing. No cutscenes or any sort of post play anything as best as I've noticed other than the occasional TD fist pump, and I've not seen an instant replay. The radio guy needs to go; bring back Madden and Michaels (and don't recycle the Madden current-gen commentary).

- Overhaul franchise mode; hide player ratings (use weapon icons, player scouting reports, and in-game performance for user to determine how good a player is), add larger preseason rosters and force preseason roster cutdowns, improve CPU personnel management, and more stuff I haven't thought of...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »