Home

Dudes, am I the only guy whose...

This is a discussion on Dudes, am I the only guy whose... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Dudes, am I the only guy whose...

..xbox 360 freezes up when I play any game from EA SPorts? I couldn't get through a game in franchise mode w/o it freezing now Tiger Woods 08 is doing the same thing. None of my other games (rainbow six; call of duty; command and conquer) ever freeze.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Dudes, am I the only guy whose...

Actually the only two games I've had trouble with are 2k games - Mlb 2k7 and Oblivion. I love both games, but they do freeze on occasion for me when no other games do.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

funny you should mention that radioactiveman, the only games that freeze up on me are EA sports games. Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but it's a strange trend nonetheless.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #4
Rookie

DaBabyBullz07's Arena

OVR: 1

i dnt kno either but ur not the only one... its rediculous.. im returning my 360 nd getting a new and hopefullly that will change the freezing but i cnt play a full game in franchise, superstar, exhibition, nothing. Pisses me off. Im gonna get my new 360 in a few days so ill lett u guys kno if it helped but otherwise i dnt kno wat to do....EA u ****ING SUCK
Old 09-28-2007, 07:36 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 7

The only games my 360 ever froze up or got the DDE on were NCAA Football 07, 08 and Madden 08. I played 250+ games of EA's NHL 07 without a single hiccup. So while, my pattern showed all my problems were with EA games (Tiburon, in particular), it wasn't an across the board problem with every EA game.

On the reg XBox, College Hoops by 2K used to freeze up on me the most. One or two years of that game were especially bad for it, but that was the game's fault, not the console. For as good as 2K's games can be, they can also be among the truly buggiest there are for sports games. And I don't mean buggy like the fatigue doesn't work correctly. I mean real, unplayable bugs like crashes and freezes. CH07 for 360 gave me no problems like that, however, for a very nice change of pace from 2K.

If you notice your freezes and DDE's increasing, from my own experience (and other's I've read about), this probably means your 360 is terminal and it's only a matter of time before the RRoD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
The only games my 360 ever froze up or got the DDE on were NCAA Football 07, 08 and Madden 08. I played 250+ games of EA's NHL 07 without a single hiccup. So while, my pattern showed all my problems were with EA games (Tiburon, in particular), it wasn't an across the board problem with every EA game.

On the reg XBox, College Hoops by 2K used to freeze up on me the most. One or two years of that game were especially bad for it, but that was the game's fault, not the console. For as good as 2K's games can be, they can also be among the truly buggiest there are for sports games. And I don't mean buggy like the fatigue doesn't work correctly. I mean real, unplayable bugs like crashes and freezes. CH07 for 360 gave me no problems like that, however, for a very nice change of pace from 2K.

If you notice your freezes and DDE's increasing, from my own experience (and other's I've read about), this probably means your 360 is terminal and it's only a matter of time before the RRoD.
Madden has been pretty kind to me, but NCAA 06(xbox) and NCAA 07(360) used to lock up on pretty frequently.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
..xbox 360 freezes up when I play any game from EA SPorts? I couldn't get through a game in franchise mode w/o it freezing now Tiger Woods 08 is doing the same thing. None of my other games (rainbow six; call of duty; command and conquer) ever freeze.
yes
Old 09-28-2007, 06:31 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Nope. I had the problem last year with Madden on the regular xbox. Its not terrible but on occasion in the draft it freezes or when i'm loading a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »