Home

The cpu cheated!

This is a discussion on The cpu cheated! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The cpu cheated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
A couple of years ago, didn't they finally admit that there was a "comeback AI" and say they took it out. What I want to know is why the hell did they bring it back? Who wants to have the cpu make impossible plays to win. That's not fun!
I never heard that they admitted it but it was definately there. It is also definately there this year.

Just play a game and note all the differences in the fourth quarter compared to the first. The AI doesn't get smarter, they just make impossible plays.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #18

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

I am currently playing the first game on Madden for this year, SF vs Arizona, and I was up 20-13 with approx. 40 seconds left, after 2 deep passes into triple coverage, with no timeouts, they then threw 1 pass into the endzone that Fitzgerald somehow caught between 2 guys with 1 hand to tie the game, it took them less then 25 seconds to go 80 yards for a TD with zero timeouts, complete garbage if you ask me. Nothing like working my tail off for the entire game, putting up with the combined 8 turnovers, only to have the damn CPU suddenly decide that it needed to make things more interesting by marching on my team like they did, sometimes I wish I didnt love sports games as much as I do.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #19
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisiscrazy411
I never heard that they admitted it but it was definately there. It is also definately there this year.

Just play a game and note all the differences in the fourth quarter compared to the first. The AI doesn't get smarter, they just make impossible plays.
I want to say it was before Madden 2005 came out. I don't think they ever said it in so many words, but it was supposed to be gone. I personally think that is one of the reasons (along with improved ball trajectory) the game was so good. It honestly feels as if they have gone backwards. This game feels like Madden 2003 to me. The comeback AI, low ball trajectory resulting in a ton of cpu picks, and arcady play (it was offense then, turnovers now). 04 was a little better, 05 was very good. I skipped 06, and got 07 for regular Xbox, and it was good, but not great. It pretty much was 2005 with vision cone. But this years game makes the same mistakes they've made in the past. I don't expect a game to be perfect, but at least don't keep making the same mistakes!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:18 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I want to say it was before Madden 2005 came out. I don't think they ever said it in so many words, but it was supposed to be gone. I personally think that is one of the reasons (along with improved ball trajectory) the game was so good. It honestly feels as if they have gone backwards. This game feels like Madden 2003 to me. The comeback AI, low ball trajectory resulting in a ton of cpu picks, and arcady play (it was offense then, turnovers now). 04 was a little better, 05 was very good. I skipped 06, and got 07 for regular Xbox, and it was good, but not great. It pretty much was 2005 with vision cone. But this years game makes the same mistakes they've made in the past. I don't expect a game to be perfect, but at least don't keep making the same mistakes!
06 was the last current gen Madden I played. It was awesome, so much more of a game than any 360 version. When I pick up 06 for 360 I had never been more dissapointed in a game. The AI was just as bad as it was this year. This is when the computer making cheap moves as noted in this thread started to come into play. The fact that they use turnovers is what makes them look so ridiculous.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:50 AM   #21
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Someone in another post mentioned Bill Belicheck Football 2021 as a replacement to Madden when he croaks. Can you imagine how bad that CPU would cheat? Sorry P-men fans and Brady man-love guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2007, 11:20 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Someone in another post mentioned Bill Belicheck Football 2021 as a replacement to Madden when he croaks. Can you imagine how bad that CPU would cheat? Sorry P-men fans and Brady man-love guys.
Ha, it will probably let them use the read play function every single down.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 16

LOL, thats awesome. Anyone else find it depressing that EA just can not figure it out? Deny Deny Deny

Quote:
Ha, it will probably let them use the read play function every single down.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #24
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Sadly, I've seen worse.

I was playing the Bears in my franchise with the Vikings, I was up 24-21 with 23 seconds left. The Bears lined up for Robbie Gould to try a 48 yard field goal. He kicks it far enough but misses wide right. So I was thinking alright, I just won (I was playing with the realism slider for this site so it was very hard to beat the Bears on All Pro with the Vikes) but the game zoomed up to the lame scoreboard and it read IT"S GOOD! The game gave Chicago three point and we went to overtime. I watched this replay over ten time and he clearly missed, not even close. The Bears won the toss, I ended up intercepting Grossman with Darren Sharper (86 speed) I was in the clear for a TD when all the sudden Grossman (68 speed) caught up to me and made the tackle. The Bears picked off my next pass and ran it for a TD and won the game.

There is a review a watched on a different site that said it feels like there are games in the franchise season that the computer feels it must win, this must have been won of those games.
This happens on NCAA too. I lost the game b/c of this missed FG that tehy counted for the CPU

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »